Friday, April 25, 2008

DAGNABIT- They got me again!!

Seems I was too slow on the blogger playground, and so I got TAGGED by the lovely Krista. Krista is waiting for her daughter Mia, who is waiting for her mommy, in China. This girl is a hoot!!!! I do not know how I ever came across her blog, but boy am I glad that I did. I live vicariously through her with all her travels across the US of A, and all her bloggy girl parties and her super fly decorating talents. The girl Rocks. And I still Love her even though she tagged me. :)



The rules:

Post 3 random things about yourself.

Link to the person who tagged you in your post.

Tag at least 5 other bloggers.

Let them know you've tagged them by commenting on their blog with an invite to participate.


And... Here we go.

3 Boring and useless random facts about myself:

1. I think I might have gotten the desire to have a big family from all the TV shows I watched growing up… 8* is e*nough, The P*artridge F*amily, The W*alton’s, The B*rady B*unch, The S*murfs. So really, all of those people who think I am weird...not my fault. The TV is to blame. (MOM!) So for all of you, the take away for today...monitor what your children watch. And to all of those who “get” me - I agree, we are blessed. :) So are you!!!

2. Turns out, I have NO rhythm. I say turns out, because I once thought I did. I can do that step -- Together. Step. Touch -- with the best of them. And I have even been known to throw a snap or two in there. But that is the extent of it. Sure, I couldn’t do the M*oon Walk. But I thought that was a fluke. During the 90’s when hip-hop was big, I was pretty sure I was bustin' a move. In fact, I’m certain I did on at least one occasion.
I guess what I’m asking is... is it possible to lose your grove? Because I swear at one time I had some semblance of groove. Maybe not a healthy dose, but at least a small one. Now...Nothing. How did I find this out you're wondering? I think I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror during aerobics. I know, that is not technically dance, but this is when I first noticed there might be a rhythm disorder. The feet and hands were moving to the beat in my head and it all felt so right, until I caught my reflection in the mirror. It was not pretty and a bit jolting. I tested my moves out in a variety of other situations. Not good.
But you know what I found. There is always one place I can go where I always have "Groove." My Church. God appreciates everyone's unique Groove. As a matter of fact, I think He thinks it is just perfect! Heh.


3. I LOVE You… Not kidding. I love people. For me, to know you is to love you. Unless you are mean. Then I love you, but I DO NOT like you. Sorry. I love, love, love to meet new people. What I love just as much as meeting new people is matching friends. I love when I make new friends and I can introduce them to other friends. Like a friend matchmaker. I love when I can make someone a new friend, almost more than when I make a new friend. Is that weird? Is this also some sort of disorder? That’s okay, you can think I’m weird. I still love you. :)

Okay… I know I told you I love you, but now I am going to turn around and TAG you.


1. Colleen... BWAHAHA. Because you tagged me last time. :)

2. Jen... Cause we haven't had a chance to talk so I am trying to make contact..LOL. I owe you, I know.

3. Margie... Because you have time on your hands since you are DTC... ;)

4. Rebecca... Because I haven't seen you participate in one of these things yet, and I don't want you to miss out on the fun! ;)

5. Lisa ... Because you went into blogger hiding, and what better way to welcome you back than with a TAG. :)


How will you thank me? An e-card? How about a cookie bouquet?

OOH, You know what... surprise me!



:)

Amie

6 heart smiles:

Special K said...

Awwww... I'm feeling the love.
:)

Rebecca Lily said...

I HAVE done a tag thing before. But it was 30 frickin questions!! And I have been tagged like 5 times since and not followed through because I was burnt out on the 30 questions!!!! But 3 I can do. :) Look for some totally boring facts about me soon!!!

Rebecca

Rebecca Lily said...

P.S. Fact #2 had me rolling on the floor laughing. :)

Stefanie said...

You never fail to crack me up. Good thing we didn't meet when I was younger, I might have noticed that 'groove' issue you have and well, laughed at you. But not now. No sir-ee, not laughing one bit... ;)
Thanks so much for the shout out the other day... it really helped put a spring in my step for all that potty-cleanin' and dust-bustin' I had in my future...
Love ya girl!! And I love you even more for not tagging me this time :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. It always brings a hearty laugh and a smile that lasts all day. Thanks for sharing and oh by the way. I did know you back in the day and I can totally vouch that you used to have groove. I am just saying I was a witness to your grooviness! Love you

Amie said...

Shelley-

Thanks for speaking up girl. Good to know it wasn't all in my head. coming from you, The busta' move queen, I'm feeling pretty cool right now. Thank goodness you don't live close, so you can't verify the loss of grooviness now...

stefanie- I would expect nothing less than for you to have called me out and peed yourself (took liberty there) at my expense. You are a good friend..

Rebecca- You rock sista with the tag... you are far from boring. ;)

:)
Amie

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish