Monday, November 5, 2007
Our visits with Morgan and Maddie
12:00 PM | Posted by
Amie
Below is an old post that I found in my archives, that I never posted. It is appropriate to bring it out now, as Morgie and Maddie are coming for a visit Friday!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! The kids are so excited to see their "little Morgie" and her cool big sis Maddie!!! I have missed them so much and cannot wait to see them. I am pinching myself! Let the count-down begin!!!

On March 23rd of this year, we celebrated "Gracie Day" by spending it visiting with Morgan and Maddie. It was the one year anniversary of the day she was placed into our arms and the day that little Morgan met her mommy for the first time.
According to the nannies, Morgan and Grace were best buds when they were in the orphanage. I just found this amazing as Morgan's family lives only 2 hours away from us. They come all the way from the other side of the world to be only two hours apart by car ride. Does anyone else find this remarkable? Not to mention, in the days before our daughters were placed in our arms, Courtney(Morgan's mom) and I hit it off immediately. We were like two peas in a pod. We felt as if we had known each other forever! She is the type of person who can make anyone smile, and the kind of friend that you know will be there for you whenever and for whatever. She has the most adorable family and she is the greatest mom! I know that we will have many years together laughing at ourselves, and enjoying watching each others kids grow up and appreciating all of the little things together. And Grace on Morgan will be able to stay connected and continue to build on that special bond because of this friendship that was born out of the coolest of circumstances!!!
I know I say this all the time.. but, really.. Isn't God COOL!!!!
Below are some pics from our visits.

I am not kidding you, but this is Morgan showing us her Karate moves... she takes a little Karate class on Fridays. I about rolled over when I saw her do this. It was the cutest thing!


Morgan lovingly calls Grace, Gan Gan. "I want see Gan Gan." That is what Grace was called in the orphanage. Morgan was called Jie Jie(sp?), but Grace just calls her Morgie...
Here Morgan is being the gracious host and sharing all of her favorite toys with Grace.
When we were in China, Morgie shared EVERYTHING with Grace.. she used to feed her off of her plate, share her Cheerios, give her a toy if she was sad. She has such a giving heart. There was quite a size difference between the girls when we first got them. We have a feeling Gan Gan might have taken advantage of Jie Jie's giving spirit while they were in the orphanage. :)

So serious, which is so far from the real Morgan. She never stops smiling, jumping,laughing, singing, moving, talking..LOL

On March 23rd of this year, we celebrated "Gracie Day" by spending it visiting with Morgan and Maddie. It was the one year anniversary of the day she was placed into our arms and the day that little Morgan met her mommy for the first time.
According to the nannies, Morgan and Grace were best buds when they were in the orphanage. I just found this amazing as Morgan's family lives only 2 hours away from us. They come all the way from the other side of the world to be only two hours apart by car ride. Does anyone else find this remarkable? Not to mention, in the days before our daughters were placed in our arms, Courtney(Morgan's mom) and I hit it off immediately. We were like two peas in a pod. We felt as if we had known each other forever! She is the type of person who can make anyone smile, and the kind of friend that you know will be there for you whenever and for whatever. She has the most adorable family and she is the greatest mom! I know that we will have many years together laughing at ourselves, and enjoying watching each others kids grow up and appreciating all of the little things together. And Grace on Morgan will be able to stay connected and continue to build on that special bond because of this friendship that was born out of the coolest of circumstances!!!
I know I say this all the time.. but, really.. Isn't God COOL!!!!
Below are some pics from our visits.
I am not kidding you, but this is Morgan showing us her Karate moves... she takes a little Karate class on Fridays. I about rolled over when I saw her do this. It was the cutest thing!
Morgan lovingly calls Grace, Gan Gan. "I want see Gan Gan." That is what Grace was called in the orphanage. Morgan was called Jie Jie(sp?), but Grace just calls her Morgie...
When we were in China, Morgie shared EVERYTHING with Grace.. she used to feed her off of her plate, share her Cheerios, give her a toy if she was sad. She has such a giving heart. There was quite a size difference between the girls when we first got them. We have a feeling Gan Gan might have taken advantage of Jie Jie's giving spirit while they were in the orphanage. :)
So serious, which is so far from the real Morgan. She never stops smiling, jumping,laughing, singing, moving, talking..LOL
Big Sister Maddie is sitting to between Matthew and Morgan. She is absolutely hilarious!! Maddie also does Karate and is very good. I am pretty sure big sister Maddie showed little Morgan all of her moves!! Maddie could not stop laughing and she even showed us some dancing moves. She kept saying to the kids.. "Wow, your big. Your cool." Maddie, You are the coolest!
Can't wait to see you guys soon!! Maddie we are going to have to do some more of that crazy dancing!
5 words for you.... Boo-dy Boo-dy Yah Yah Yah!!!!
LOVE YOU TONS!
:)
Amie and the Gang!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Blog Archive
- 2013 (2)
- 2012 (4)
- 2011 (6)
- 2010 (2)
- 2009 (41)
- 2008 (158)
-
2007
(87)
- December(9)
-
November(11)
- So... You say you need my help? You are looking ...
- First Snow!!
- Our Pied Piper!
- Apparently, She wanted Bangs!
- You step away for a few to get dinner ready and...
- Tea for Two.
- Too Funny NOT to share!!
- Our visits with Morgan and Maddie
- My "Not -So Little anymore" Handy-man
- "Little Helper"
- Ready for the Big Games!!
- October(5)
- September(6)
- August(13)
- July(19)
- June(5)
- May(1)
- April(2)
- March(6)
- February(5)
- January(5)
- 2006 (4)
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(87)
-
▼
November
(11)
- So... You say you need my help? You are looking ...
- First Snow!!
- Our Pied Piper!
- Apparently, She wanted Bangs!
- You step away for a few to get dinner ready and...
- Tea for Two.
- Too Funny NOT to share!!
- Our visits with Morgan and Maddie
- My "Not -So Little anymore" Handy-man
- "Little Helper"
- Ready for the Big Games!!
-
▼
November
(11)
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





1 heart smiles:
Too cute! Love that she calls her Gan Gan. How awesome that you are so close and keep in touch.