Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A few more for you..

So Sherry, Macy-Lin's mom e-mailed me some more photos. I am sorry to post more of her crying, but I get such a kick out of Sophie. Look at her hands on her hips and the face she is making at Hannah. I just think she is such a hoot! And btw- that is Macy Lin in the yellow jacket. She is only 22 days younger than Hannah!



Yup... still funny!

















Sherry shared with me that the woman is indeed her Foster Mom. And that she was very sweet. I have also heard that she was very sad. Obviously, she is happy that Hannah has a "Forever Family," but I think meeting Zhou and the other girls, really hit home that this is really happening. And soon. I am so sad for her. Here is where our prayers really need to come into play. I hope that with all of our prayers, God will help to ease the sadness for her and to fill the void with hope and trust in our love for "her little girl." Ouch.. that hurts the heart!

Sherry also mentioned that Hannah was very shy. I know her foster mom did some crying and I am sure that came into play. That is why she looks so somber and reserved in the photos. My agency coordinator called to tell us to prepare ourselves, as this is going to be a tough one. Zhou reported that the foster moms are very bonded with these little girls and it is going to be super hard for them,for the girls and in turn, for us as well.

God bless her sweet little self...You can see in this photo that she seems to have no interest in being taken from her foster mom.


And much more relaxed in her Foster mom's arms. Obviously, this woman has taken great care to make Hannah feel secure and loved. That is so comforting, yet a little hard on the heart at the same time knowing how hard this separation will be for them both.








Okay. I just realized this post seems a bit of a downer. That was not my intention at all. There is so much joy in this process, but it is not without sadness. And that is okay.

So friends, pray, pray, pray! I have faith in the end, it will all be okay. I really, really do. But a few sad tears are most definitely going to be shed along the way to go with the happy tears. But I guarantee, the later will far out number the former!!

:)
Amie

4 heart smiles:

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Amie I understand completely how you are feeling. Livi came from foster care and her foster mommy was a mess after she left. Yes we need to keep those foster mom's in our prayers. They truly love our babies and care for them. Hannah will have an adjustment to make. She is coming into a very loving and warm family and she WILL be fine..it will just take time and alot of patience on your part.
Hang in there.....you know I am here if you need me girlfriend.

Doug and Terrye said...

OMGoodness!!! That sweet little girl has learned to attach! What a great gift from the Lord. Don't forget the lollipops and the bubbles, I'm not opposed to bribes for children in extreme cases. :)
T

Anonymous said...

Amie, thank you for sharing so much of your heart with us. What a gift your daughter has to be loved!! I will continue to pray for all of you! Shelby

Giving Love Encounters said...

FINALLY got home to see the pictures of my beautiful niece. I can't believe there are still parts of the world that don't have internet signals! The nerve!!!!!
Can't call right now.....bawling.....she is so beautiful....I love that she is so loved and cared for. Our prayers have been answered. What a blessing.
The kids are DYING to come down and bust into your house! Not sure how much longer I can hold them off..... ;)
WE LOVE YOU HANNAH!!!!!! XOXOXOXO
Uncle Ron, Aunt Kristen, Madeline, Abigail, Lauren and Gabriel

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish