Tuesday, June 2, 2009

For the Love of a Child...

For The Love Of A Child
I am blessed to be surrounded by friends who spend their time figuring out how to make a difference in the world. Not only thinking about it, but finding a way to make it happen.
My ADORABLE SIB(sister in Blog), Andrea, saw a way that she could help all of the families who are fundraising to bring their little ones home. This is a passion of Andrea's; Helping families get their little ones home. I don't want to embarrass her, but it would make you smile BIG if you only knew how many adoption fundraisers she has purchased MULTIPLE entries to(most to fundraisers of people she doesn't even "know"), how many items I have seen her donate to other's fundraisers, how many times I have heard her say "lemme see what I can find to sell to bring some money to this family." Too many to count. I LOVE this sister's heart.
Andrea set up a site for families to advertise their adoption fundraisers. So there is a central location to visit for all of us who are looking to help other families bring their little ones home. How COOL is that! What a Fabulous idea. What a wonderful ministry. Did I mention I love her?
I hope you will visit For the Love of a Child when you are thinking about Teachers Gifts. Or what to buy for Fathers Day. Or anniversary Gifts. Bless Others by Blessing Others. Love it!
There is another fundraiser a friend is doing to help bring home her daughter from Africa that I want to bring to your attention. Her fundraiser has not been posted to the site yet, but if you would love to stop by and show her some support, I know it would bless her! http://outofafrica-graber.blogspot.com/. Take some time to read how God showed them their next child, a little girl, would be in Africa. So Cool to see God in the details. Hope to see you over there!

Out of Africa
Hugs~

20 heart smiles:

Patricia said...

THis is FABULOUS!!! God's hand at work FOR SURE!! Can I help spread the word by giving a link to this post on my blog?

Patricia/nyc
hiphiphubei.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE the new look! Heading over there.

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh Amie this is so great! I just launched my little fundraiser on my blog today to help us bring home our sweet girl! I just emailed your sister to add mine to her site.

THANK YOU!!

Carla said...

What a great idea!!
LOVE the new look!! I was looking to do mine more
like this.... hmmm...

Thanks for sharing the links!

agirlandhergun said...

Love Andrea. She is one kind, giving, spirited woman!!

Thank you for posting about Katy as well. Really could use word of mouth! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I will head over now to check it out! I love the lightness of your "make over"! good to see all your babies are accounted for now! :)

trina said...

What a great idea!! Much needed site.
Love the new look!!!
trina

Michelle R Photography said...

Before I head over to Andrea's new blog, I had to let you know how happy I am to see the WHOLE family up there on your blog header!! I love your new blogover!!

Now off to this awesome new site!

Hugs,
Michelle

The Ferrill's said...

OH Amie...this is awesome! I love her heart...and your sweet girl's heart in the post below, giving her beautiful hair to bless others.

I will go check out this site for sure!
It is such a privilege to help out in any way all these adoptive families! No matter how big or small, every little bit counts!!!!!!!!
Hey, I sent you an email but I'm not sure if it got to you...prayer request last week?

Amie said...

Laine-

Girl.. You know if you haven't hear back from me for a prayer request, or anything for that matter that was sent last week, that I didn't get it!!! My e-mail is WACK! some stuff gets through. some doesn't.some goes out.some doesn't. uuuughhhhhhhhhh..

I am going to send you an e-mail too. but wanted to post here incase mine doesn't make it to you. I will hit your blog too.

Love to you!
:)
Amie

Dita said...

What a great idea for one stop fundraising! I look forward to following that blog.

I'm lovin' your new blog look! It's beautiful.

It's always so good to see you around!

Dita

Nicole said...

Thank you for posting this information! Hope we both hear about our LIDs soon!
:-)
-Nicole

living4him5 said...

Hey Amie!

I just got your comment on the fundraiser site. I would love to post it on the fundraiser forum! Can you hook me up??? =)

Thanks girl!!!

Blessings,
Amy
corzine03@hotmail.com

Patricia said...

Hey Amie! Thanks for following through! Posted a link to this post on my blog!

You rock!
Patricia/nyc

kitchu said...

amazing... i thank patricia for sending me here.

Andrea said...

Girl I am embarrassed(NOT!).
I love you too.

NEW HEADER ROCKS!!
Look at all the LOVE!

A

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you know i am going to pop over ... miss ya and would love a phone chat soon ...

blessings sister ...

Janet said...

Hi--Found you from the Saunder's blog. We are also getting a WACAP promise child--hopefully before the end of the year.
I will definately check out the site for ideas, as we look for ideas to make up for the WACAP grant money lost. Trusting God!!
Janet

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Just stopped by to say hello and how much I miss you. {{{hug}}}

Heather said...

Hey Amie - Look at you with your new bloggy do and some new amazing places to make a difference in the world...i can't stay away too long:)

Thank you for your heart and for sharing the joy, the wealth, the need! You rock, girl!

Love,
Heather

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish