Monday, July 27, 2009

So Worth the Wait..



Our little Big guy.turned 7 , and we were blessed to get pictures of him with the cake we sent him. I'm thinkin' he might like it. I mean seriously, could that smile be any bigger???

Every time I look at this picture, I smile so BIG my face hurts , and then I just laugh so hard until I cry. And then, I am I on my knees thanking God for this little gift we received, and for the blessing of being CHOSEN by God as Samuel's family.



Look at our cool little Big guy giving us the peace sign. I have been told that a lot of the older kiddos do this in their pics, because they think we do this in America. H-LARRY-OUS! Guess who is going to be getting a pic in the mail soon of his HUGE waiting family all doing peace signs. Probably shouldn't feed the stereotype, but... ya do whatcha gotta do?

Oh how I love our little Big Guy... I could just BURST!

Praise GOD!

35 heart smiles:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

How cute is he!! Wow, I know you are just itchin' to get your arms around that sweetie pie!

I just read what you said about the peace sign to my 16 year old son...he said the important Americans definitely do give the peace sign....Shawn Johnson! Yeah, he's a little smitten with her.

Anyway, love that you are sending him a pic of your family givin' the peace sign...it will make his smile even bigger (is that possible?).

Beth E. said...

He's absolutely adorable...I'm so happy for you!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Love it!!! He is so adorable!!!!!!! That cake looks wonderful...I can't wait until your little big man is in your arms just hugging on his mama!!!

You mean you don't give the peace sign???/What!!!!! You are so not cool....the peace sign is in baby!!!! I give it and if Mama Panda gives it well then sista....you all should be given it!!!

Peace out!!!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

well I just read Lori's comment...The Important American's give the peace sign...who knew how important I was : )

~Colleen <~~whoo hoooo doing the "I'm important happy dance"

Us said...

LOL! What a blessing indeed! He is so handsome...I can't wait to meet him and all your other kiddos someday...ahem!!! : ) We are a peace sign givin family too! Hugs!

Amie said...

Colleen-
dude. who you accusin'of not knowing how to throw around a peace sign. whatupwitdat? I sooooo tooo am cool. do I hear a call for a peace sign "throwdown?". Cause the mooneys might be fierce.. but round her we got more fingers to peace with. I'm just sayin'. B-ring it!

Word.
;)
Amie
p.s. Does ending with Word, cancel out the coolness factor from being a peace sign user? Or did the fact that I commented and challenged you to a peace sign throw down already take care of that? either way. I'm down wit it. Thats how cool I am. Peace, Yo!

Kristy said...

Oh AMIE!!!! How is smile makes my heart smile, I just love it!!!!

Love and blessings, Kristy

Holly said...

that is awesome. just what your heart needed to get you through.
Looks like a nice foster home from what I can see!
How do you communicate? do you send things on your own or use a translator?
Just wondering.
I tried an online translator with our son's adoption and came to find out later it made very little sense!
Oops!
Happy for ya'll!

Andrea said...

OK..Your SMACK TALKIN' is hilarious!
You Baby is GORGEOUS!
LOVE THE CAKE!
Those things are sooo pretty!
Love the colors.
Can't wait to see him home!

xoxo,
A

Mom Of Many said...

Oh my goodness, his whole entire body is smiling! I LOVE IT!! You have got to frame that picture - you have got to!! Lovin' forever that Samuel has a family - Yippee Jesus!! xo

Nicole A. said...

Yep, no doubt, he is a-dor-able!! Your heart is really smiling, I bet!! Have you any idea when you will travel? Will you go this time?

Happy for all of you!!

All the best,
Nicole A. in OH

a Tonggu Momma said...

VERY handsome. And with good taste, too! (I totally noticed he's holding a panda.)

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness!!! That precious face tells me he is going to fit right into the your family...all smiles :)When Grace was little her brothers would say "Peace out" instead of goodbye. She started saying (and still does) "Peacy peacy" instead of goodbye. :) Way not as cool as the M family ...but sweet none the less!

T

Stefanie said...

How ADORABLE (er, I mean super handsome and studly) is your little man???
Dying here... I bet you can barely stand the cuteness!!!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Cute, cute, cute! And what a gorgeous cake. Wow!!!

Awesome to get updates and pictures - when we did, we made copies and put them all over the house and on the dashboard of the car while we drove to vacation :)

Stacy said...

Adorable! He's so cute Aimee..can't wait to hear more about his journey home!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

What a great photo!! How could a kid go wrong with the cake!! :) Love the peace sign. So worth the wait!!!

Patricia said...

He is ADORABLE!!! That smile lights up the world!!

Can't wait to see you ALL flashin' the peace sign TOGETHER!!! ;)

Amy said...

Is it humanly possible to see that smile and not smile yourself?? I highly doubt it... seriously wonderful.
Blessings,
Amy

Unknown said...

LOVE that FIDO DIDO shirt! What does that mean. Looks like he's looking RIGHT at his new family-SO HAPPY he has you! What a blessing and what a precious, darling gift from above! Love to YOU ALL!

Jill said...

OMGoodness does Samuel look like one HAPPY camper! He is the cutest thing ever!!!!
I can only imagine how much you all want to get your hands on him!!
Hugs Amie!
Jill

agirlandhergun said...

Oh my, oh my, look at that smile!! He is coming to the right family and is going to fit in just fine. How can you even stand it?!

Love ya!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Yeah yeah yeah bring it on!!!! The boys have girlfriends...I think that means we have more fingers for peace signs...: )
Hey who had the license plate on their 73 volkswagon that read "Me Cool". Need I say more....: P

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Samuel! Seriously, do you have the coolest family or what???!!!

Love you guys!

Special K said...

He's very handsome.
Happy Birthday to your little Big guy! LOL! And here's to wishing him home FAST!!

Giving Love Encounters said...

had to take another peak at these pics.....

Sam, you're the coolest!

Unknown said...

Oh my...how PRECIOUS is that! What a beautiful gift. He is just too sweet!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Love love love that smile!! He is so handsome! Congrats on being DTC :)

I completely understand about your information sharing on Samuel because he is older - I sometimes feel when I am talking about my 10 year old (and getting the eye rolls) that I am invading his privacy! I STILL get annoyed when my Mom talks about ME!

Can't wait to see your son home!!

Michelle R Photography said...

He is so stinkin' cute - that smile is gynormous!! I would post pics of that smile in every room of the house and it would make me smile big all day.

Sending big hugs and love your way,
Michelle

Jennifer said...

How sweet is he! I can't wait until he is home with his family!!!

Jen

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Amie he is SO sweet! I know your momma heart can't wait!
I emailed you last week...I know you are SO busy! ;) Just making sure you got it 'cause I know you were having trouble with email a while back! Just an update of sorts....
Love you friend!

a Tonggu Momma said...

He is so stinking adorable. Do you have any idea when you'll be able to travel?

Unknown said...

Your son is just beautiful! What a smile! What looks like the peace sign to us Americans is actually a 'smile' hand signal when done by the Chinese. So, he is saying SMILE! My 10 yr old (adopted at age 8) still does the Chinese smile sign when her photo is taken. Very cute :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and handsome man! Good grief you must be overjoyed... I smiled big and cried..I know as one sap to another you must be filled with so much joy and happy tears!
Happy 7th birthday big guy!

Sending a peace sign and a hug,

Shelley

Wife of the Pres. said...

He is PRECIOUS! I just came to your blog through Stefanie's I used to read a lot and lost your blog! So glad I checked back today! We are DTC this next week for our waiting SON, 9 years old!!!

CONGRATS ON LOA!!! And what a creative way to announce it!!!

Leslie
roomforatleastonemore (dot) wordpress (dot) com

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish