Sunday, October 11, 2009

Keepin' it Real...

We are less than 12 hours to Samuel Day!!  In 12 hours Samuel will be with his FOREVER FAMILY!!!!  one moment please......

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I am so much more nervous for him than I was for the other three. Because he is older, he GETS what is about to happen.  Can you imagine how weird that must be for him.  I imagine he is scared. excited. nervous. comfussed. sad. happy. overwhelmed. so many emotions must be going through that little  big man.

Bless his heart.

He is sleeping now. Or maybe he is awake thinking about what tomorrow will bring.  Does he have a little bag packed?  hold on a moment, that just brought me to BIG UGLY TEARS!

Seriously. Does he have a little bag packed with just a few of the things that he has been able to call his own over the past few years?  Did he bring a little picture of his foster brother whom he ADORES and who will be staying behind waiting for his FOREVER FAMILY?  What about his friends at school. Did they write him little good bye letters? Or throw a party?  Did they exchange addresses so they can keep in touch? He doesn't even know his own address. Did that thought make him even more nervous?  

Does he worry that he won't be able to tell us what he needs?  Does he worry we won't like him?  Good news is on that one, he will figure out pretty quickly he has SO MANY people who LOVE him.  At least he can check that one off his worry list right away. Does he have a worry list?

The night before travel day, the kids and I set out to shop for a few things for the trip. On the list we needed to get him some socks and underwear.  As we were looking at the different types, I almost broke down in tears because I realized I don't know if he prefers boxers of briefs. And I wanted to get it right.  What if he is a little underroos brief man, and he had to wear annoying boxer briefs. Or worse yet, I went with the baby superhero underoos, and he is MORTIFIED!  

Yes I realize he probably has bigger concerns than boxers or briefs.  But, I want him to know I care about every.little.detail.   

And then in all my worry, God reminds me that from here on out, FOREVER. He has a family who has been  given the gift of getting the chance to know and care about every little detail that makes him who he is.  That will be here to show him that all the little details that make him who he is, matter!  And he will know how blessed we feel to be the ones who get the opportunity to get to know him. To love him. To call him our big brother, little brother, cousin, nephew, grandson, and son.

Man, God is just so Good!

So the coutdown to Samuel Day begins... T minus 12 hours and counting...

Please Keep our little big guy in your prayers. And as for the underwear, would you throw that in there too. That I got it right? ;)

:)

26 heart smiles:

Stefanie said...

LESS THAN 12 HOURS??? Oh my, are you hanging in okay, Amie?
I am PRAYING HARD for that little heart of his, that he would be comforted and feel a peace that only God can provide!!!
Can NOT wait to see pics of him in his baba's arms!!!!!
Your post totally makes me want to bawl my eyes out... so true, how hard this is gonna be for that little man... thank goodness I had a one pounder of peanut M&Ms within arms reach ;)
Wow, about to be a momma of EIGHT, you are!? How stinkin' CRAZY and AWESOME is that??!!
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom to my China Posse said...

Hi Amie, I haven't checked your blog in awhile and was tickled i did today so I could pray for Gotcha day. I have a friend who is there now and their gotcha day is tomorrow for their 4 year old. I hope all goes well! Kathy

Beth E. said...

Oh, Amie, I am so excited for you and your family, and especially excited for Samuel!

Praising God for blessing your family with another wonderful addition. It's so neat that God has had this special day planned all along, and now it's here!

I'll be praying for Samuel, and that the transition will be easy for him. What a sweet boy! I love his picture.

Nicole said...

Amie,
I will pray for him and for all of you!
Can't wait to hear more of his story.
I am sure you got the underwear right!!

Mom Of Many said...

Praying over here with happy tears a bubblin' away! I can't wait...and yes I will be getting up in the night to check to see if there is any update. I'm just sayin'....

I will be praying that even the undies are good - I'm thinkin' that big God of ours directed your buying girlfriend!

Love you!! xo

Anna said...

oh my goodness! so excited for your sweet family! we will be praying for an easy transition for everyone! for peace for your sweet Samuel as he meets his new family! for an immediate bond and understanding that he is loved by you, your family, and our jesus! oh what a blessing! hugs all around!

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh my, I recall those feelings just like it was yesterday!! OK, well maybe three months ago. :)

Kara came with a little duffle bag of items - the most surprising of which was a photo album containing lots of photos of her age from age 6-11 with friends and her foster family. Oh, how I pray that Samuel will be able to walk away with some cherished items. They may mean so much more years down the road than they do now.

Sending a big virtual hug your way as you prepare for your little big man to be united with his Daddy. Oh, how I can't wait to see those first pictures. Especially when he comes home to the rest of his family, so ready to love BIG on him!!!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Becky said...

Amie-
Your heart is so sweet. I would never even consider what kinda undies that little man would want!!! I do know that God is in the details and HE knows! I cannot wait to see this little guy and I KNOW he will feel the love of your amazing family!

Woo hoo for Forever Homes!!!

Holly said...

Amie,
Love your heart and just for now...buy them both. God is gonna honor you for the way you are loving this boy you are about to meet..your son!
I will join the others praying for him and for ya'll.
Blessings,
Holly

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Amie Amie Amie! All your thoughts and fears and concerns are bringing me back to how I felt one year ago. So many unknowns! Yet soon, very soon, they will ALL be known!
Underwear preference? Check!
Backpack belongings? Check!
Favorite foods? Check!
What he likes to do? Check!
And the most important thing...
Forever family? BIG DOUBLE CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!
God already has all the checkmarks written honey! He knows everything about your little Samuel, just think...He picked him out JUST FOR YALL and He picked YALL OUT JUST FOR SAMUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am praying praying praying.... Lots of whispers to Jesus from Alabama tonight.....
Love you! And I LOVE your heart!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole A. said...

What a very, very sweet post! You're such a good Momma, and he is going to know that immediately! He has never had someone care about those little details as only a Mom could, and I bet he will get it right away.

Even if he does happen to have a tough time adjusting, I'm sure he will know from moment one that you all care about him infinitely. What a truly exciting day it will be! When will they be home, so you can hold that boy of yours?

Praying for you all!

All the best,
Nicole A. in OH

Jill said...

Amie, BIG prayers and hugs coming Samuel and your whole family's way! Hoping it is a smooth transition!
Hugs, Jill

a Tonggu Momma said...

Praying for all y'all... eight hours since you posted, so I'll (hopefully) be asleep when you meet him, but know that many are praying for him to feel a peace that surpasses all understanding. (((hugs))) and congratulations!

Tina said...

I think right now much be the moment!!!!!! I want to call you because I can't imagine you are sleeping even though it is 3am but I am thinking that at least someone in your house might be and I wouldn't want to wake them up. Maybe if I just call your cell phone? I think since we have known each other for 20 years you would forgive me if I do wake you! I am going to think for a few minutes before I decide. As for the undies, you could never get it wrong, you get everything right because you are the most amazing person I know and I love you very much!!!!!! Samuel is the luckiest little guy on earth to have you all for his FOREVER family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giving Love Encounters said...

God is good. So good.

Giving Love Encounters said...

...and now I need some details....
;)

Giving Love Encounters said...

*ahem* please.

TanyaLea said...

OH Amie~ what an insightful post. Completely and totally choked me up and when you mentioned the 'boxers or briefs' thought! We will be praying that your Samuel Day is a beautiful one, AND that he like the underwear y'all chose for him! :)

Hugs,
Tanya

Amy Eldridge said...

Praying, praying, praying, praying, praying for you all!!! I am so excited that I can hardly contain myself, so I will just keep sitting here with a huge smile on my face waiting for your next update!

Amy

Chris said...

Well I'm a little on behind here...not to mention so is your blog!
I was crying happy tears and trying not to snoopy dance (naptime) I also realized I won't know if my boy prefers boxers or briefs, think they would ask for us?
I'm sure he doesn't care as long as they are his
Praying....

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see pictures of Sam and DADDY! I'm eating AN ENTIRE BANANA SHEET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING! WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

Ok...so now I have big tears running down my cheeks...maybe it is because I am so excited for you, and for Sam...maybe it is because I just left 10 days of seeing kids in Ukraine who would love for their Forever Families but who will probably never know that joy...maybe it is because God is good, and always looks out for us - the big concerns and the little ones...probably it is a combination of these and so much more.

I am so excited for you and can't wait to celebrate the newest member of the family!

Jennifer

Dita said...

Now this is just FANTASTIC news!

Oh, I can't wait to hear and to see him with all of you.

Is Daddy going again while mama holds down the fort or are you traveling as well?

You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

The Ferrill's said...

I will not stalk.
I will not stalk.
I will not stalk.
I will not stalk.
I will keep my commitment for tonight and leave my home and not stalk.
;)
LOVE YOU and praying!!!!!!!

Jen said...

OMG. Chills and Tears at the same time.

Samuel is one blessed little man. And so are you guys!!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Amie....I love this post. I love how you have thought of everything and that you pray for it all too:) Best wishes for an easy transition.

Kim

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish