Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The time has come...



In less than a week, we will meet our son!!!!


What's that?
T.A.?

When did we get it?

You don't remember hearing about it?


Ummmmmmm..... (cough.cough)


Surely you have just forgotten.


What's that?

You wouldn't forget something that important?

You would remember if I had told you?

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....(cough.cough)


You remember the story. I was in BIG MAMA with the kiddos, out and about, shuttling the gang around to their different activities, when my phone rang and it was a number I didn't recognize. I turned down the radio, answered the phone, and realized it was my social worker from our Agency. I sat and chatted with her for several minutes asking her about her weekend, finding out what was new, how was her recent vacation,etc. Catching up. You know, girl talk. It was 5 minutes before I realized, she called me and she might have something she needed from me. When I finally stopped jabbering on and on long enough to let her get a word in, that is when she broke the good news to us that she was holding in her hands our TA!!!!


Say what?????????

Let me back up. We received our LOA on the 21st of August.... 6 months to the day we knew Samuel was our son. Did I ever mention that I love when important dates can be connected to one another. Given my memory issues, it helps for when I recall the stories to the kiddos. I get to tell both Samuel and Johnathan, that we knew on February 21st(a year apart from one another), on my brother's birthday(who happens to be one of the coolest people I know!!), that we knew they were our sons. That just makes me smile. anyways...


When we got our LOA, we went over all the scenarios with our agency about possible travel dates. We were told we would get our TA at the earliest in 4 weeks. And with trade fair, and Guangzhou being so busy, we would NOT travel in October. Not even a chance. I was cool with that. At least we had a time frame for when we were traveling. I was geared up for travel about the same time we traveled a year earlier for Johnathan. Suh-weet! Good to go!

So the news of TA caught me completely off guard! I had NOT A CLUE it was coming! HOW FUN IS THAT?? So after I heard the news, I yelled to the gang in the back... "WE GOT OUR TA!!!! WE ARE GOING TO CHINA IN LESS THAN A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" And then the whole gang joined in. All of them. Screaming. Cheering. WOOT WOOT'ing. And there was even some celebratory dancing that was done.

And it was loud. very very loud.

This went on for about a minute.......
while she was still on the phone........
In my excitement, I MIGHT have forgotten she was there.
At least I remembered to pull the phone away from my BIG OL' mouth before I screamed.(i think)

And the other cool part of the story... it was on 9/09/09. (yes, less than three weeks after we received LOA! ) For someone who likes dates to be easy to remember, that is pretty stinkin' cool, don't-cha think? And I MIGHT have been praying for that. One , because it would get us to China in October instead of November. And two, cause it is just a cool date. And I am weird like that. But then, I forgot that I was praying for it, so it still caught me off guard when it happened. See why the dates are so important. Memory issues. ;)

So, it is probably all coming back to you now. The whole story about the TA, I mean. You might remember that Sam Day is on Monday, the 12th. Less than a week away!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's okay that it slipped your mind. You are busy with the kids, and stuff. I understand, and I take NO offense. Just as I know that you would take NO OFFENSE and still LOVE me if I were to, oh, I don't know. Just throwin this out there for an example.... say if I had been too busy and forgotten to share the news with all of you in the craziness. Cause YOU are cool like that. And we are friends. And that's how we roll.

So NO WORRIES. We are good! ;)

I think I really should get to packing...
Sam, lookout little big guy. Here we come!!!
:)
p.s. I do not know why it is not allowing your comments to go through. So sorry!!  I made a change to the account, so maybe that will help. You can give it another try.  sorry!! :(

22 heart smiles:

Chris said...

You my dear, better remember to update your blog while you are traveling!!
Will you take your kids?
We just got a PA for a 9 y.o.boy in Beijing, so I need to follow all you guys to get good tips and ideas.

Anna said...

whoohoo! i forgive you that you didn't remember to tell us. i mean...you do have a few responsibilities and a few kids and a few things on your mind! you just have to promise to post somewhere (where you tell all of us who love and care for you!) about your trip and getting samuel. and oh my! how exciting! what a blessed little big guy you'll have! check our blog, in your spare time (ha), for some crazy fun news about our family! ;)

Holly said...

Yahoooooooooooo!!!!!
We all forgive you for waiting til the last minute to announce that awesome TA!!!
1 week!
WOW!!!
Will you be blogging from here?
(I hear blogger is hard to use from China...but people do it!)
Big smiles from my neck of the woods for you tonight!!

Stefanie said...

WHAT??? Blogging when you should be PACKING???
Oh, I can NOT WAIT to see that sweet boy with his new family...
Hopefully you posting now is a good sign you'll be posting MORE in the days to come :) :) :)
And a big WOOT WOOT for God coming through!! He always does, doesn't He??
GO GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Em said...

That is SO exciting!!! :-)

Em

Mom Of Many said...

I am soooo excited for all of you!! I was hoping I would be there when you were there, but I will cheer from the sidelines and pray you (or hubby) there and back. Then you can pray me there and back, k???

Thrilled to pieces and doing the happy dance here - Yippee Jesus!!! Sam's almost HOME!!

Beth E. said...

Awesome!!!! I'm so excited for you!

I have been horrible at blogging lately. Who am I to point fingers? ;-)

Nicole A. said...

Yay! So very happy for you! Will you be blogging here or creating a trip site (for those of us who cannot possibly wait for the details!)?

Are you both traveling this time?

Wishing you the best, with safe travels, and wonderful memories of your time in China with your boy!


All the best,
Nicole A. in OH

Tonya said...

Oh, Sister, that is some A.M.A.Z.I.N.G NEWS!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! (Happy dancing here) ;)

GRACIOUS, I've missed SO MUCH by not checking in for so long. (I took a blog-leave during summer and am really, REALLY trying to get back into it) O:) I've MISSED YOU! ☺

I actually decided to come out of hiding because it's almost Brent's birthday again. I really enjoyed doing a giveaway last year on his birthday so I thought I'd do it again. (It helped keep my mind busy with HAPPY things) =)

Hey, on another note.. do you remember me talking to you about my sister adopting? They are in the 10th week of what they were told would be a 8-12 week wait for their invite to Russia. She met a lady online that turned in her last documents just 3 days before my sister did and she (the other lady) got her invite last week. We're SO HOPING that my sister and her hubby will get a call THIS WEEK! =)

Okay, I can't wait for your next post!

Take care, my Friend...
♥ Tonya

Kristy said...

I am so excited for all of you!!! I cant wait to see your family united!! God bless you , your family and your travels.

Love and blessings, Kristy

Chris said...

Congrats!!!! I'm sure your heart is a-thumping and your mind is scrambling as you prepare for this trip!!! God be with you!

I am so hoping that we are traveling in November!!!!

TanyaLea said...

C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S!!!!!

...and don't'cha just love it how the Lord is into details...even with things like DATES!! :) God is GOOD!!!...ALL THE TIME!! <><

Can't wait to follow along! Oh the day that I can announce our TA to Khloe... I will surely be shouting a big 'WOOT!WOOT!' and doing the 'dance of joy!' :)

Happy Packing, Happy Travels...AND Happy, Happy SAM DAY!!!...soon, VERY soon!! :)

Hugs,
Tanya

Michelle R Photography said...

I do have such a horrible memory. Thank you for reminding me. :)

Oh, and if I forgot to tell you before, WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Andrea said...

You are going to LOVE this little Shantou man! They are such a kick!
Congrats, My Sista!
Enjoy your trip!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Sorry, but... you are in TROUBLE. The only way to redeem yourself is to be sure to update at least once in awhile during your China trip. (I can't help it, I'm grumpy today.)

But congratulations to all y'all!!!

Shonni said...

How very exciting!!! Can't wait for you to hold that sweet boy.

day by day said...

How exciting!!!! Can't wait to follow you along to China to meet your new little man!! Is just your hubby going or are you both going?

So happy for you all!!!

Stacy said...

So excited for you! Are you doing a blog? Would love to follow along! I'll be praying for safe travels!

The Ferrill's said...

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's time! Praying for all of you, Amie!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see your next update! ;) (I'm with Tonggu Momma...redeem it sister! ;)
By the way....
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

YEAH!!!! I am so excited for you!!! I cannot wait to hear all about your little big man!!!
Wow!!! Can you believe that just a few years ago we were paper chasing for our first trip to China...and look at you now girl!!! : )
Love ya!!!

Wife of the Pres. said...

AMAZING Story! Congratulations!!!

I was wondering if you had forgot about your blog! Not that you owe us readers any explanation! LOL!

I too hope you'll be blogging on your trip. We are awaiting LOA for our 9-year-old son!!!

13 days and counting … totally

Dita said...

Uh, YEAH...I musta forgot....uh, yeah...kids on the brain, but I....., okay....yeah, I must have forgotten

aghhhhh, I"ve been clicking on your blog EVERY DAY waiting to hear this news...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR SAM TO JOIN HIS BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish