Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I still do a hearty belly laugh thinking about this one...

So one afternoon while I was making dinner, the 3 BIG KIDS came in to check-in and see what was on the menu for that night.



I told them it was some sort of a casserole and when they got a glimpse of it before it went into the oven, they exchanged "the look." and the three of them sped off to do "a project" in the basement.

About 30 minutes later the door bell rings.... Katie runs in to get me in the kitchen and tells me I better answer it.

So I open the door to find this guy to the right.....











" Hi.. ummm, I'm a construction guy. And me and my construction guy friends are working on a job site, down the street and we are working real hard on a construction job, cause I'm a construction man. And we are real hungry. You can get real hungry when you are working real hard! While we were working really hard, we smelled something that smelled REALLY good. So I thought I would come down here and see if you might have something Really yummy for me and my crew to eat. And you look like a really nice lady, the type who would like to help out hard working guys, and something does smell really yummy. Do you have anything of the casserole type that could feed me and my hard working crew. There are a lot of us... We would have to take the whole casserole. But we are working real hard, and we would sure appreciate your generosity."



I practically fell over I was laughing so daggone hard. I had to call Jeff and tell him to come home from work early. I had the kids go around the back of the house when he was home and come to the front door again... It was just as funny the second time around!

(Those are his dads jeans, over top of stilts that he had made himself one day in his workshop. They definitely came in handy.LOL.. and the mustache.. seriously funny!)

*And for the record, I asked them to at least try the casserole, but I did give them a pass on the casserole, and a free-choice dinner night for effort and creativity. HILARIOUS!!

:)

Amie

0 heart smiles:

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

Blog Archive

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish