Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Man, do I feel like a shmuck!!
3:20 PM | Posted by
Amie
Ever since the wait for Hannah began, I have been praying hard to keep her safe, prepare her heart for the transition and to speed the wait for us to bring her home. All the while, each day that would pass, I would thank God for giving her the extra time with her foster family. Each week that would pass, is one more week they got to spend with her, and as strange as it may seem to some, I was very grateful for that time for them to be together.
Hannah most likely does not understand what is going to be happening to her world in a month or so. But her foster parents are well aware that her family has been found. And with that, that their time with her is drawing short. Can you imagine what that must be like for them? I am choosing to assume that they adore her with all their heart and have come to love her as one of their own. As each day passes they know they are one day closer to saying good-bye to her forever. If you really sit down and think about it, that is just heart-breaking. Really!
So here I am, anxious to see my little girl and to bring her home. But at the same time, understanding and appreciating how bitter-sweet this time must be for the foster family. And here I have been praying so hard and encouraging others to pray that she will be with us for her Birthday , August 30th.
Hannah has been with her family since she was 7 months, right after her surgery. She was with them to celebrate her 1st birthday, and here I am praying to take away the chance for them to celebrate her 2nd birthday with her. Umm... just a tad bit selfish. WOW!! That realization just hit me over the head like a ton of bricks!! And it wasn't pretty!
So I know I am not the one in charge, and I only want for God's will, and Whatever God has in mind for us will be just perfect. And if it turns out we end up being with her on her birthday, I will obviously not argue. But I am no longer going to petition for anything that would cause her foster family to have to miss out on the chance to be with her. We will have a life-time of birthdays(God Willing) with our daughter. This one is all they have left.
Why am I telling you this, you ask? Because I have a lot of friends who read this blog who are prayer warriors. And I know they have been praying on our behalf for Hannah to be with us on her birthday. So here I am to do a takesie-backsie.
I am asking that you continue to pray for her safety, for God to prepare her heart for all that is to come, to prepare the hearts of her foster family family for the loss that is soon to hit them, for our safe travels, etc. And as far as travel time,if you won't mind, just ask the Big man to do what he sees best for her, no matter what that may be. After all, that is all we should really want, right.
Okay, thanks for listening. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
:)
Amie
Hannah most likely does not understand what is going to be happening to her world in a month or so. But her foster parents are well aware that her family has been found. And with that, that their time with her is drawing short. Can you imagine what that must be like for them? I am choosing to assume that they adore her with all their heart and have come to love her as one of their own. As each day passes they know they are one day closer to saying good-bye to her forever. If you really sit down and think about it, that is just heart-breaking. Really!
So here I am, anxious to see my little girl and to bring her home. But at the same time, understanding and appreciating how bitter-sweet this time must be for the foster family. And here I have been praying so hard and encouraging others to pray that she will be with us for her Birthday , August 30th.
Hannah has been with her family since she was 7 months, right after her surgery. She was with them to celebrate her 1st birthday, and here I am praying to take away the chance for them to celebrate her 2nd birthday with her. Umm... just a tad bit selfish. WOW!! That realization just hit me over the head like a ton of bricks!! And it wasn't pretty!
So I know I am not the one in charge, and I only want for God's will, and Whatever God has in mind for us will be just perfect. And if it turns out we end up being with her on her birthday, I will obviously not argue. But I am no longer going to petition for anything that would cause her foster family to have to miss out on the chance to be with her. We will have a life-time of birthdays(God Willing) with our daughter. This one is all they have left.
Why am I telling you this, you ask? Because I have a lot of friends who read this blog who are prayer warriors. And I know they have been praying on our behalf for Hannah to be with us on her birthday. So here I am to do a takesie-backsie.
I am asking that you continue to pray for her safety, for God to prepare her heart for all that is to come, to prepare the hearts of her foster family family for the loss that is soon to hit them, for our safe travels, etc. And as far as travel time,if you won't mind, just ask the Big man to do what he sees best for her, no matter what that may be. After all, that is all we should really want, right.
Okay, thanks for listening. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
:)
Amie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Blog Archive
- 2013 (2)
- 2012 (4)
- 2011 (6)
- 2010 (2)
- 2009 (41)
- 2008 (158)
-
2007
(87)
- December(9)
- November(11)
- October(5)
- September(6)
- August(13)
-
July(19)
- Man, do I feel like a shmuck!!
- Sticker Fun at Aunt Amie's
- Just a little side note....
- Where in the World is Hannah?
- Just another day... NOT!
- Between Terrye's praying and Shelby's dancing....
- For those of us keeping track....
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULES!!!!!We are wishing you a Birt...
- I still do a hearty belly laugh thinking about thi...
- Oh How I love thee, PIGGY PIGGY!
- Our cute little #14
- Happy 12th Birthday Tori!!!
- Won't you join us??
- So given that my agency closed at 10pm, and it is ...
- Her little gift of Love!
- Sometimes, NO news IS NOT Good News!
- My little Nephew Nate.. the guy who is up for anyt...
- Fun at the Park with Family and a few friends!
- Chocolate Cake? What Chocolate Cake?
- June(5)
- May(1)
- April(2)
- March(6)
- February(5)
- January(5)
- 2006 (4)
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(87)
-
▼
July
(19)
- Man, do I feel like a shmuck!!
- Sticker Fun at Aunt Amie's
- Just a little side note....
- Where in the World is Hannah?
- Just another day... NOT!
- Between Terrye's praying and Shelby's dancing....
- For those of us keeping track....
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULES!!!!!We are wishing you a Birt...
- I still do a hearty belly laugh thinking about thi...
- Oh How I love thee, PIGGY PIGGY!
- Our cute little #14
- Happy 12th Birthday Tori!!!
- Won't you join us??
- So given that my agency closed at 10pm, and it is ...
- Her little gift of Love!
- Sometimes, NO news IS NOT Good News!
- My little Nephew Nate.. the guy who is up for anyt...
- Fun at the Park with Family and a few friends!
- Chocolate Cake? What Chocolate Cake?
-
▼
July
(19)
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





6 heart smiles:
Isn't God wonderful?!? And we can rest in His sovereignty, even when we petition Him incorrectly! How wonderful that He used this to help you grow and have wisdom.
Wonderfully said, Amie! Brought tear to my eyes. If I was the praying kind, I would do as you ask. But, I don't think you are selfish to want your baby home with you.
Amie, God place this deep love you have for your daughter in your heart. He knew that you would care for her and be desperate to hold her in your arms to care for her and cherish her. That is why He chose you to be her mother. You are not selfish, you are a mom! I do understand your care and concern for the foster family and that too makes you so special. I will continue to pray for Hannah's safety and transition and for the foster family too. Blessings, Shelby
P.S. Carrie, we may have to work on your "praying kind"...smile
Amie, this was the most amazing post. You're the best. I was about to say, "I can't wait for Hannah to be here" but now I'll say, "I can wait because I know God's timing is perfect"
xoxo
Aunt :) Kristen
Okay, just now catching up on some of the entries--you know since my little mishap with your blog! Anyway, after reading this I think it would be beyond neat if you, Jeff and Hannah's foster family could celebrate her birthday together! How amazing would that be! We'll see what God has in store (as I write this, I realize I'm not supposed to post about this meeting!) It's still neat to think about!
Kaci
I just found your blog and am readin old posts and I must say that your selfeless heart in this one relaly touched me.
Kim