Wednesday, February 13, 2008
I was always It at tag.. because I was the little one
8:14 AM | Posted by
Amie
ummm... Thanks Colleen. Seriously. Thanks. I want to send you a big ol' gift basket of love. LOL. :)
So, I guess I have been TAGGED. (Why Colleen, Why???)And I need to subject you to 7 boring facts about myself. I apologize in advance.
I am too list 7 strange/weird things you may not know about me. The rules are to link the person who sent this to you and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog.Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here we go:
1. I am afraid of public speaking. It might have something to do with the fact that in 4th grade, I might have mortified myself during a speech in front of my class. Before the speech, I snuck off to go to the restroom, as I REALLY had to GO! I guess my teacher thought I was going off to socialize and she reprimand me. She sent me back to class before I had a chance to go. Needless to say I gave them a little more than my oral presentation. I decided to try to tackle my fear in college by taking a public speaking class. (Dr. Phil would be so proud) For my persuasive speech, I chose to speak AGAINST animal testing. My professor stood at the back of the room and huffed and rolled her eyes the whole time. Turns out my professor took GREAT offense to my speech because her daughter was attacked by her neighbors dog(I know, sad. But she is okay). She took the opportunity to rip into me, and I mean RIP. Good times. Good times. I'm a survivor peeps.
2. I hate when people "BOO" at sporting events. I feel bad for the people being BOO'd and for their family. Jeff used to be a boo'er. But he has heard me one too many times at sporting events, reminding him that their mom or sister could be sitting behind us, and it might hurt their feelings. Yes, I might be stuck in Junior High..Don't care. He no longer BOO's. Maybe in private. And yes, they can hear you when you BOO through the t.v. My point? ENCOURAGE, don't DISCOURAGE PEEPS! Just say no to "BOO"!
3. I made my t.v. debut in college on the Jenny Jones show. NO, I was not my brother's mother. I was in the audience for a taping of a show about "cheaters and the women who can't leave them." You know, back in the day when tv was changing lives. I stood up to impart my sage advice that was sure to make her see the error of her ways... I told her she was beautiful and she could get anyone she wanted.. (or something to that effect), and then I called him an idiot. On National telivision. (Given my fear of public speaking, and my fear of hurting peoples feelings, I must have really thought this guy was a dud. or I was possessed) Nice, eh? My parents were so proud, I'm sure.
4. When I was 17, one of my best friends was an aspiring singer. She was being "managed" by the manager of a major boy band at the time(If you don't know, I'm not gonna tell you,LOL. I might have had a crush on them and met the manager when I was stalkin...I mean following their careers) They had two girls and needed a third. One day she called me with the manager and he asked me to be in the band. I can see why. I could not sing. I had no sex appeal, and kermit the frog had more rythm than me. Recipe for BIG SUCCESS!!(can we say scam...) I chose college instead. I think the manager guy might be in the big house.
5. I tried smoking ONCE in college. Not because I thought it was cool. AT ALL! My mom had picked up the NASTY habit again after having quit for several years(sorry to offend if you smoke). I came up with this BRILLIANT plan that if I learned how to smoke, and did it in front of her, she would be so disgusted, she would want to quit. I could use the old" I'll quit if you quit." So I had a friend "teach" me how to hold the cigarette so I could look like I knew what I was doing. What an idiot. I could not even stand to hold it, or breath it in. I inhaled once. Almost died. Never again. Didn't even make it through 1/4 of a cigarette. Might have gotten a bump in my mouth about a week later and thought I had developed oral cancer from my smoking habit. I am just that paranoid. My mom did finally kick the NASTY habit(again, my apologies to the smokers)..... so maybe my one inhale 400 miles away and close brush with oral cancer did the trick.
6. The sound of styrofoam makes me cringe. If my children get a present, they do a styrofoam check for me. They will warn me and tell me to cover my ears and take the box into the next room to extract the offender. I also can't stand cotton balls. DESPISE them. Can't touch them. Can't look at them. It is making me sick thinking about them. Aren't you glad you asked?
7. I have only just recently discovered, at the young age of 30 something, that you can have a personal relationship with Jesus. I have always known about him, but never knew that I could know him intimatly. So although I have called myself a Christian my whole life, I consider myself young in my walk with the Lord. It has been life changing. If anyone out there is considering accepting Jesus into your heart, but you don't know how to go about it, shoot me an e-mail. I would love nothing more than to get you started on your walk.
So, I guess I have been TAGGED. (Why Colleen, Why???)And I need to subject you to 7 boring facts about myself. I apologize in advance.
I am too list 7 strange/weird things you may not know about me. The rules are to link the person who sent this to you and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog.Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here we go:
1. I am afraid of public speaking. It might have something to do with the fact that in 4th grade, I might have mortified myself during a speech in front of my class. Before the speech, I snuck off to go to the restroom, as I REALLY had to GO! I guess my teacher thought I was going off to socialize and she reprimand me. She sent me back to class before I had a chance to go. Needless to say I gave them a little more than my oral presentation. I decided to try to tackle my fear in college by taking a public speaking class. (Dr. Phil would be so proud) For my persuasive speech, I chose to speak AGAINST animal testing. My professor stood at the back of the room and huffed and rolled her eyes the whole time. Turns out my professor took GREAT offense to my speech because her daughter was attacked by her neighbors dog(I know, sad. But she is okay). She took the opportunity to rip into me, and I mean RIP. Good times. Good times. I'm a survivor peeps.
2. I hate when people "BOO" at sporting events. I feel bad for the people being BOO'd and for their family. Jeff used to be a boo'er. But he has heard me one too many times at sporting events, reminding him that their mom or sister could be sitting behind us, and it might hurt their feelings. Yes, I might be stuck in Junior High..Don't care. He no longer BOO's. Maybe in private. And yes, they can hear you when you BOO through the t.v. My point? ENCOURAGE, don't DISCOURAGE PEEPS! Just say no to "BOO"!
3. I made my t.v. debut in college on the Jenny Jones show. NO, I was not my brother's mother. I was in the audience for a taping of a show about "cheaters and the women who can't leave them." You know, back in the day when tv was changing lives. I stood up to impart my sage advice that was sure to make her see the error of her ways... I told her she was beautiful and she could get anyone she wanted.. (or something to that effect), and then I called him an idiot. On National telivision. (Given my fear of public speaking, and my fear of hurting peoples feelings, I must have really thought this guy was a dud. or I was possessed) Nice, eh? My parents were so proud, I'm sure.
4. When I was 17, one of my best friends was an aspiring singer. She was being "managed" by the manager of a major boy band at the time(If you don't know, I'm not gonna tell you,LOL. I might have had a crush on them and met the manager when I was stalkin...I mean following their careers) They had two girls and needed a third. One day she called me with the manager and he asked me to be in the band. I can see why. I could not sing. I had no sex appeal, and kermit the frog had more rythm than me. Recipe for BIG SUCCESS!!(can we say scam...) I chose college instead. I think the manager guy might be in the big house.
5. I tried smoking ONCE in college. Not because I thought it was cool. AT ALL! My mom had picked up the NASTY habit again after having quit for several years(sorry to offend if you smoke). I came up with this BRILLIANT plan that if I learned how to smoke, and did it in front of her, she would be so disgusted, she would want to quit. I could use the old" I'll quit if you quit." So I had a friend "teach" me how to hold the cigarette so I could look like I knew what I was doing. What an idiot. I could not even stand to hold it, or breath it in. I inhaled once. Almost died. Never again. Didn't even make it through 1/4 of a cigarette. Might have gotten a bump in my mouth about a week later and thought I had developed oral cancer from my smoking habit. I am just that paranoid. My mom did finally kick the NASTY habit(again, my apologies to the smokers)..... so maybe my one inhale 400 miles away and close brush with oral cancer did the trick.
6. The sound of styrofoam makes me cringe. If my children get a present, they do a styrofoam check for me. They will warn me and tell me to cover my ears and take the box into the next room to extract the offender. I also can't stand cotton balls. DESPISE them. Can't touch them. Can't look at them. It is making me sick thinking about them. Aren't you glad you asked?
7. I have only just recently discovered, at the young age of 30 something, that you can have a personal relationship with Jesus. I have always known about him, but never knew that I could know him intimatly. So although I have called myself a Christian my whole life, I consider myself young in my walk with the Lord. It has been life changing. If anyone out there is considering accepting Jesus into your heart, but you don't know how to go about it, shoot me an e-mail. I would love nothing more than to get you started on your walk.
Now the hard part is finding people who have not been tagged. We know the same peeps.
I am so sorry friends:
1. Lisa
2. Jen
3. Stefanie
4. Terrye
5. Kerri
6. JoAnn
7. Kristen
:)
Amie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Blog Archive
- 2013 (2)
- 2012 (4)
- 2011 (6)
- 2010 (2)
- 2009 (41)
-
2008
(158)
- December(8)
- November(9)
- October(20)
- September(13)
- August(13)
- July(17)
- June(9)
- May(16)
- April(7)
- March(8)
-
February(21)
- ***IMPORTANT***
- This has been so much fun... I'm glad I thought of...
- How about we take some time to get to know each ot...
- The Ellison Project
- For a friend...
- LOOPHOLE:Dilema: Mom said I couldn't have a dri...
- Thanks Sis!
- Eau de TOILET...So last night I was getting ready ...
- A Valentines Day Quote from Allie:scence: Valenti...
- To: All my bloggy friends.
- I was always It at tag.. because I was the little one
- You don't want to miss out...
- Happy 3rd Birthday Gracie-Bug!!!
- Happy 4th Birthday Allie-O!!
- A little one sided Question and Answer Session wit...
- Little Mouse Emergency Fund
- Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo
- Should I be concerned...
- It's all in how you look at things....
- Quote of the day from Matt-Man
- Grace's Sleeopover
- January(17)
- 2007 (87)
- 2006 (4)
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(158)
-
▼
February
(21)
- ***IMPORTANT***
- This has been so much fun... I'm glad I thought of...
- How about we take some time to get to know each ot...
- The Ellison Project
- For a friend...
- LOOPHOLE:Dilema: Mom said I couldn't have a dri...
- Thanks Sis!
- Eau de TOILET...So last night I was getting ready ...
- A Valentines Day Quote from Allie:scence: Valenti...
- To: All my bloggy friends.
- I was always It at tag.. because I was the little one
- You don't want to miss out...
- Happy 3rd Birthday Gracie-Bug!!!
- Happy 4th Birthday Allie-O!!
- A little one sided Question and Answer Session wit...
- Little Mouse Emergency Fund
- Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo
- Should I be concerned...
- It's all in how you look at things....
- Quote of the day from Matt-Man
- Grace's Sleeopover
-
▼
February
(21)
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





5 heart smiles:
That is the beauty of the internet...size doesn't matter, right:)? I totally LOVED your blog today...just a few interesting comments...
1. Sorry you peed yourself in front of your class in 4th grade. If I knew that happened at the time, I would have pretended I was the one who tripped on you and peed all over you.
2. I KNEW you were going make your #7 about Jesus...seriously, I just did people. And yes, those are tears in my eyes. I pray your blog encourages someone else today :)
3. Can you add a number 8? I'd like to edit your list and add one more, and I quote "8. I am the best big sister in the world. When my sister was 14 and no one else noticed she was going through puberty, I shipped her a box of pads and tampons from Elmhurst to Dublin. When my sister wanted to learn to drive stick shift, I agreed to steel (?)dad's jeep wrangler and teach both of us at the same time. And of course I do my favorite drop and runs where I leave donuts and chai tea on her porch to say "I love you" or "Sorry you are feeling fat today".
And If I could at a number 9? It would be the time you called dad from the parking garage at the mall because the van you were driving didn't make clearnace...bummer. And didn't someone get shot at the mall...I'm glad it wasn't you. (but I'm sad for whoever it was...or, atleast for their family).
LOL I love your answers..thats why I picked you. I once peed my pants on the ice skating rink during a rehearsal for a show ; 0 no one would hold my hand after that...you think I have issues?
I love #7....oh and the booing. I will remember never to boo again. I don't think that I do, but just in case I am thinking about it.
Hilarious :)
WHEW!!!!!! I just barely scrapped by that tag ... can you hear my sigh of relief?
OF COURSE ... it doesn't matter THAT
I have already been TAGGED BY FOUR PEOPLE to do this very blog! People must think I have endless amounts of time :)
M -- Your Panda friend :)
I would like to elaborate on #9.....because I was there with Amie.....never mind the parking garage attendants yelling behind us and waving their arms fast and furious at us, or the police officer running after the van blowing his whistle.....no nothing was going to stop us from "hitting" the mall!!!! This story never gets old!!!
Can I add a #10....Amie and I were being teenage girls, trying very hard to get away from a place we were not suppossed to be when Amie plants her Jimmie on top of a large rock and we are stranded a top of the rock laughing ourselves silly!!!!
oh Amie I could go on and on!! we have had some good times together sister friend.....
Amie,
I tried, I really did..... :o)
You're a hard act to follow! Not only was I peeing my pants reading your 7, but even the comments to your post are hilarious!!!!
Love ya,
Jen