Saturday, February 16, 2008
Eau de TOILET...

So last night I was getting ready for BIG fun in our house. I told all of the kiddos they could camp out in our room with us.(Do not try this at home) While I was setting up the blankets and stuffed animals in the kids "districts", I see Jeff walk by with THE PLUNGER.

In our house, Jeff is PLUNGER MAN. I do not want to touch that thing, see the thing, think about where it is going or where it has been. I keep my distance.

So whenever I see him pass by with "IT" , I run and hide.

Apperently there was a "situation" in the kids bathroom upstairs. As there often is around bed time when you have 6 little people emptying their tanks for the night, 3 of which have a not-so- secret obsession with toilet paper and whom have short attention spans when it comes to remembering to flush. Apparently, it was pretty bad. Almost an overflow situation.

So I was hiding under the covers, I mean waiting patiently for the kiddos to run on in so we can play a game and little Hannah finds me under the covers. She comes under to hide with me. Then we come out and do a few rounds of the tickle bug and laugh a lot and exchange tons of hugs and kisses.

As I am laying there, I feel like I am going to throw up as the stench from the "situation" in the bathroom is overwhelming. I cannot get it out of my nose. But I have a very exagerated sense of smell so this does not surprise me. I am thinking about using it somehow to make money to send my children to college. Any ideas? E-mail me. (I do not want to smell armpits)

Katie finishes brushing her teeth and she comes in to join Hannah and me. After laying there for about 30 seconds, she leans over to give Hannah a hug and proclaims...

"Hannah smells like the toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I lean over to take a quick wiff and sure enough, I almost pass out from the stench. She indeed does smell like TOILET.

Katie and I start laughing hysterically and Allie and Grace come running in to find out what the fun is all about.

When I told them that Katie and mommy thought Hannah smelled like toilet, Alli says...

"Oh yeah. That's cause she stuck her hand in the toilet. And smelled it. And wiped it on her arms. And on her cheek. And wiped it on her shirt. That is why she smells like toilet. Kinda yucky if you ask me."

Needless to say she was wisked away to be cleaned off... so was I .

7 heart smiles:

us said...

oh that was a good one!!! Hannah you are going to provde our family with some good laughs I have a feeling!!!! Love ya all!!! Julie

Cammie said...

That is so funny...although I think I am going to be sick! :)

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Okay I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

What a little stinker, literally! Seriously, though, how do you do it? How do you not come unglued? I so admire that. Also, I am a bit amazed that someone with an exteme hyper-sensitive nose could have so many kids. One of my biggest fears about becoming a mom was how I'd deal with the smells.

You are definitely one of my mommy idols, Amie!

So, after everyone was cleaned up, how did the campout go?

Have a sleep-filled night,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that is pretty funny. Better at your house than mine!

Carrie

jennifer said...

That's funny. But almost makes me gag!

Stefanie said...

Lisa hit the nail on the head!! I think I threw up in my mouth a little, too ;)
I WISH I didn't know how to use that darned plunger, but when hubs is away, the poop ain't gonna flush itself, ya know? ;) Glad to hear your man handled the dirty work... you were just left with a little pee water!

MississippiZen said...

Oh my ... too bad I was reading this and eating my lunch LOL! Well, maybe a good thing as I might just lose some calories for the day :)

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

Blog Archive

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish