Monday, March 24, 2008
GRANDMA'S GANG
9:18 AM | Posted by
Amie

Grandma had her whole Gang over for dinner and cake to celebrate Matt-man's Birthday. You are probably looking at all those kids and thinking, WOW, all those little mouths to feed, plus the moms and dad's... that is a TON of work.
Not only does Grandma get us all fed, she accommodates a multitude of allergies and food intolerance's. She made a ham that is all natural with no preservatives or additives of any kind, that I think she may have found at an organic market 75 miles outside of town. lol. She made two different kinds of cakes. One without Gluten, One without eggs. She had 50 thousand different sides to accommodate all of the different little palates. She traveled around to 5 different stores to find the right kind of cheese. She made home made icing, when it would be much easier to spread it right from a tub from the store. She throws it out and makes new icing when she realizes that the half and half she used has food coloring in it, because she double checked just to be sure, because she cares.
The funny thing is, we are the most laid back people about food. So is Jeff's sister. We would be so happy bringing our own pizza with us. We are just happy getting together.
But what I learned about our Grandma a long time ago, is that she really believes that you can express your love towards those who are special to you in the time and care you take in making their meals. This is something that I have come to appreciate and spend time doing in my life with those I care about. I am so thankful for this gift she has given me. So she spends days thinking about what she will cook, and organizing what ingredients she will need, and shopping for all the stuff, and the day of cooking us our feast.
And we all truly truly appreciate it. I have made her mashed potato recipe for my kids for years. But they will tell you that no ones mashed potatoes taste like Grandmas.. same exact recipe peeps. (and then they will add in, but mommy's are good too, because they don't want to hurt my feelings,LOL). We will make the same cake recipe, but Grandma's is the best they have ever had. They can taste the difference in all the heart and love she puts into making their food. It really does taste better. :)
I guess what I am trying to say is...
OUR GRANDMA ROCKS!!!!!
p.s. Hi Karleigh and Aaron... hope to see you guys Friday!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





8 heart smiles:
Hi Amie:
I say the exact same thing about my late Nana's cooking. No matter how many times I follow the recipe exactly it just isn't her dish. And yours never will be the same either. You want to know why? Because you don't have her little finger (or which ever finger she uses for tasting). I always say that Nana's was always better because it included a little piece of her.
Aren't Grandma's and Nana's just the best.
I noticed the + sign after Hannah's name. Are you hinting at something?
Erin Pietrasik
I agree with grandma. I have always found taking the time to cook for my family and friends one of the best ways to show them how much they mean to me. Finding out what that special things is that makes their mouth water and then making it to the very best of my ability. I suspect she is the one who gets the most joy out of spoiling all of you were her love and yummy creations. Happy Easter,Shelby
....and we have hugely benefited from your "food revelation" so I have Grandma to thank as well.
(We can almost ALWAYS find a "treat" on our front door from Amie. She is one of the best cooks I know, truly!)
WOW!! What a great Grandma...I think we can all learn from her :)
Terrye in FL
She sounds like an amazing Grandma!!!! So much love in just that one meal!!
I agree, you can't copy Grandma's cooking no matter how much you try. Andy's grandma made these sugar cookies that everyone has tried and tried to duplicate, but they aren't the same. It must be the special Grandma TLC that they put into everything... :)
Rebecca
Grandma does ROCK!!! And those kids, wow are they ever cute!
Karleigh and Aaron can't wait to see you guys!!!!
Love to you all!
Julie
Amie~
A big amen that your Grandma rocks!!! What a sweet lady she sounds like. My Grandma's greatest gift is also cooking, so I really smiled when I read this post. Okay, I smile whenever I read anything from you!
I hope you all are well. Loved seeing the pictures of your sweeties...
Many hugs,
Lisa
What an amazing Grandma!! I LOVE receiving love in the form of food! (That's probably why my jeans won't button without a crow bar anymore!!!!) LOL
Sending a virtual plate of peanut butter cookies w/ Hershey Kisses on top,
Jen