Monday, March 17, 2008

We lost a tooth and then we lost a tooth



Matt-man has been asking for weeks now "When am I going to lose my first tooth." Well, it finally happened. One day it was loose all of a sudden and then it was gone.

I sent him to school in the morning, and he said to me, "what if I lose it at school." I assured him that would not happen, as it was not loose enough. Oops.

He lost it on recess and all of his little friends were trying to help him find it. How sweet is that?

When he got home, he was so sad that he didn't have his first tooth to show me and to put under his pillow. We decided we would head back to school and look on the playground and see if we could find it.

We looked all over the black-top where he thought he lost it. In the meantime, we are having conversations about whether I still thought he would get something under his pillow even though he doesn't have the tooth to turn in. Once he learned he would still get the "booty," his day started looking up. Shortly after, after about 20 minutes of looking for the tooth, he turns to me and says...

"Should we go ahead and call this one a goner?"

As we drove out of the parking lot, we all sang a good-bye song to the tooth, or "Bob" as we came to know him. We hurried home and he rushed through dinner to get to bed so that he could wake up in the morning to find his "booty" under his pillow. His loyalty to Bob was short lived. LOL

11 heart smiles:

agirlandhergun said...

Hey Bob was the name of my now 16 year old's pet rodant:) He loves when I tell the story. Anyway, Mattman is looking very cool!! congrats on the score! Shelby

Barbie said...

What a cute story! How sweet of you to be so willing to hunt for that tooth. A memory you will always have of 'Bob'!!

Becky said...

This story cracks me up! :o)

mommy24treasures said...

what a cute little smile;)

Doug and Terrye said...

Hey MattMan, I lost my tooth after it fell out when I was 6 years old!!! But the tooth fairy accepted my mom's note and left me a quarter(that was a lot of money back in the olden days-it would buy two candy bars and have a nickel left over!).

Miss Terrye in FL

us said...

Oh Mattman.....I love stories about you......Glad you still got your "booty" even without the tooth....

Love ya buddy!!!
Aunt Julie

Giving Love Encounters said...

R.I.P Bob.

Stefanie said...

FINALLY! THERE you are!! I am so glad to see you still alive! So sorry to hear about Bob... so sad to hear he was a 'goner' as soon as he made the brave exit from Matthew's gums :( But all's well that ends well, right ;)
P.S. How much 'booty' does the TF leave at your house?!

Rebecca Lily said...

That is so funny!!! :)

The tooth fairy is good about coming even when the tooth has gone MIA... had a few of those instances around here too.

Patricia said...

So glad you still got the goods Matt-man! Also, I thought it was super sweet that Katie wanted to help you write a letter...and that you let her. You guys rock!!

jennifer said...

Too cute. Cade really lost his first tooth too! He was devistated, so we wrote the tooth fairy a note and she came through for us too!!

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish