Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sharing a Smile

So I usually do not acknowledge my birthday,EVAH, but in order to tell this story and share my smile, I need to.


So I will not give away when it was, or how "young" I am , but in recent history, I might have celebrated a birthday. Jeff has had to travel ALOT recently and consequently had to be away on my birthday. No Big deal to me at all, but BIG DEAL to him and to the kids. So He and the kids surprised me with a little birthday celebration a few days before my big day while he was still in town.

Well the night before my birthday, I headed to bed right after I put the kids down. I was toast and was in much need of some serious sleep lest I be grouchy and comatose for the parade, the bash at our local high school, my appointment for my "I still got it" tattoo, and karoake night with the local celebreties all planned for the next day in honor of me and the day of my blessed birth... yes, I am laughing out loud while I type this. If you can't laugh at yourself ...


Anyways, I couldn't get to sleep, per usual, and for the next couple of hours I tossed and turned and I had my eyes glued to the tv while it cycled through various reality tv shows and infomercials. The nights is a blur, but I think I might have bought an A*qua G*lobe. Anyways, our 12yo, David peeked into my room a few times and when I would see him, He would say, "Just wanted to tell you I loved you one more time", or " Happy Birthday tomorrow." or he would ask some really random question. But he was quick with the questions and the love, so I had no reason to suspect anything.


Turns out, he had stayed up well into the night cleaning up the first floor for me. I had left all the dinner dishes out, etc. as I was going to tackle the monstrosity in the morning. So He worked hard into the night to surprise me when I woke up. Also, we have a tradition in our family where the night before someone's birthday we blow up balloons and put them all over the floor of their bedroom and we put signs up all over the house for when they wake up. This is usually reserved for the kiddos. Well David stayed up after cleaning and made signs and blew up a ton of balloons for my room. Turns out he was peeking in the room to see if I had fallen asleep yet. I had insomnia, so I ended up staying up pretty late, so that meant he ended up staying up pretty late to outlast me. Oops. :)


The next day, I was awoken in the morning to my little buddies singing happy birthday to me while they brought me breakfast they had made me up into bed. And to the balloons all over my floor and signs all over the house. And an immaculate 1st floor cleaned out of love. Tons of handmade cards. Oh and tons and tons of "Happy Birthday mommy"s, and lots and lots of Hugs and Kisses.







As much as I don't usually care to celebrate birthday's, this was THE BEST Birthday ever...

Thanks Kiddos!
I LOVE YOU!


Love~
Mom

10 heart smiles:

agirlandhergun said...

Awesome! Happy Birthday! I am so glad to hear that your kids made you feel special in the same way you make them feel special!! Shelby

Giving Love Encounters said...

This completely sounds like D-Man....and all of the kiddos.
Too cool!
Oh, and don't worry about not mentioning it....I already knew that our "celebration" at Graeters cramped into a tiny table (all 68 of us) in a room that smelled like rotten socks was a close 2nd.
ROTFL. Hey, you did just say we should laugh at ourselves....

Becky said...

Oh my gosh! That is so sweet. Poor David was probably dragging in the morning. You are so lucky to have such awesome kids!

And happy belated birthday!

Michelle R Photography said...

Such a sweet hubby. Happy Birthday!!!

Special K said...

Awwwww....

Happy Belated Birthday!

MississippiZen said...

Happy Birthday to my friend!!!! What a RAD husband you have to do all that to surprise you! Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL birthday!!

Margie

Amie said...

Btw- there might be some confusion. While my husband is awesome, it was our son David who led the birthday surprises etc, the night before my birthday. Making sure the boy gets his props! ;)

:)
Amie

Organized Chaos said...

Happy Belated BDAY !!!! Do you think if I bought airline tickets for your children they would come to my house and throw a bday bash for me? I am just sayin' that is awesome!!!!! Tell David he is a ROCKSTAR SON! How spectacular is that??? He is 12 and thoughtful and respectful and loving???? You deserve it SUPER MOM!!! Sending you love,
Shelley

Carla said...

What great kids you have....you are truly blessed!

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Doug and Terrye said...

You go David!!! What a wonderful man you have become!!! :) I know that God was honored in all the kids efforts.

Terrye in FL

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish