Thursday, June 12, 2008
Taggy Schmaggy...
2:17 PM | Posted by
Amie
I have been tagged…. By Colleen… again. I thought we were friends girl? Did I mis-read signs? LOL. Love you. Though I shouldn’t, I do.
5 Things I was doing 10 years ago…
1. I was pregnant with our 2nd child, our first daughter Katie. I was consuming a BIG M*AC combo meal followed by a bag of Peanut M*&M’s almost daily. It was “fun” dealing with the consequences of that craving.
2. I was dreaming about being 10 years from then exactly where I am right now in life. Still Happily Married to my best friend, living back home, surrounded by friends and family and raising our BIG BEAUTIFUL family alongside my brothers and sisters kids.
3. Serving dinner to my family of three at the time at our 4 person table we had inherited from Jeff’s parents. Back then it was only a dream that a 10 person table might one day be a little snug for our family.
4. Still driving a semi cool car. I had a J*eep Cherokee at the time. Do they still make those? Now, I had to get a special license for the vehicle I drive. Not really, but probably should have to. Curb check anyone?
5. Spending a good amount of time taking my 20 something, ahem, body for granted. Not that it was fabulous, but if I had only known where some of my parts would have ended up today, I would have spent more time appreciating them in their original locations.
5 Things to Do on My list today:
1. Stay away from poop as much as possible.
2. Find some quiet time amongst the craziness to hang with God.
3. Don’t forget to pee. You’d be surprised….
4. G*oogle snails and mating. David once had two snails, and during a tank cleaning yesterday, we noticed he has about 10. Huh? I can see maybe a little baby snail pooping out or whatever, but where does it get the shell? Does it come out with the shell? I am disturbed and do not want to lose sleep over this tonight.
5. Remind myself to Love as I am Loved… On a couple of hours of sleep (thoughts of snails), and a low tank of patience, that is not always top of mind. And it needs to be.
5 of My favorite Snacks: Is this on a Very Bad eating Day or a Healthful eating Day?... because they are different. I will put Bad first then Good. But really, the Bad list tastes Good and the Good list, tastes Bad. Please don’t let it confuse you..
1. Caramel Popcorn / Homemade popcorn with salt
2. Peanut Butter Fudge/ Nuts
3. Shakes with B*ryers Vanilla ice-cream and H*orizon Choc Milk/ 40 cal Fudge Pops w/ no sugar
4. Anything with Sugar, Sugar, & more Sugar/ Fruit
5. Anything Chocolate/ Anything Chocolate (my good days have to have some bad. Hence the 15lbs extra baggage)
5 Things I would do if I were a Billionaire:
1. Buy myself some decisiveness because most of that money is going to charity and I won’t be able to decide who gets left out.
2. Once I receive my decisiveness in the mail, or however it comes, giving tons of praise to God for using us as a vehicle to be able to hopefully make a difference. Then some time realizing that I just wasted money buying decisiveness that could have been spent elsewhere because all I needed to do was spend lots of time praying and then discerning where He wants the money to go. Once I am over that, we would just have a ball giving it away. There will be lots of family and friends and music and dancing… I think I will make a playlist, just in case. :)
3. Set our families up with accounts so that they would never have to worry about essentials and can focus solely on being warriors for God and changing the world.
4. Invent a pill that allows you to eat sugar and not gain weight. Or even better, eat sugar, lose weight. I am going to be a world changer…that’s me.
5. As much as I do not like to travel, Missionary trips as a family. Would love to spend time in Africa, China, Haiti, etc. If that is what God wants, we would go wherever he sent us. Either that or Boobs. Keeping it real.
5 Places I have lived:
1. Our family house that burnt down because a pig caught it on fire. Another story for another TAG.
2. Our last family house together as a family before my parents got divorced. Don’t be sad, they are better off. Also the house where I had my first date with my husband to be. Good times.
3. My future husbands house for the summer while he was away at College, because I loved sitting down for meals with his family and because they were cool like that. My family’s house was less than 5 miles away. Nice. Narcissistic much?
4. My dorm room at College for a brief period of time before my roommate decided she might like living alone better and locked me out indefinitely.
5. In my husband to be’s single dorm room which was the size of a small walk in closet during college. Illegally. How you doin’?
I think I am going to pass on tagging anyone this time. People are busy, traveling to bring babies home, spending time with their kiddos with school out. But if you want to be tagged, leave a comment, I won’t post it, and consider yourself tagged!
5 Things I was doing 10 years ago…
1. I was pregnant with our 2nd child, our first daughter Katie. I was consuming a BIG M*AC combo meal followed by a bag of Peanut M*&M’s almost daily. It was “fun” dealing with the consequences of that craving.
2. I was dreaming about being 10 years from then exactly where I am right now in life. Still Happily Married to my best friend, living back home, surrounded by friends and family and raising our BIG BEAUTIFUL family alongside my brothers and sisters kids.
3. Serving dinner to my family of three at the time at our 4 person table we had inherited from Jeff’s parents. Back then it was only a dream that a 10 person table might one day be a little snug for our family.
4. Still driving a semi cool car. I had a J*eep Cherokee at the time. Do they still make those? Now, I had to get a special license for the vehicle I drive. Not really, but probably should have to. Curb check anyone?
5. Spending a good amount of time taking my 20 something, ahem, body for granted. Not that it was fabulous, but if I had only known where some of my parts would have ended up today, I would have spent more time appreciating them in their original locations.
5 Things to Do on My list today:
1. Stay away from poop as much as possible.
2. Find some quiet time amongst the craziness to hang with God.
3. Don’t forget to pee. You’d be surprised….
4. G*oogle snails and mating. David once had two snails, and during a tank cleaning yesterday, we noticed he has about 10. Huh? I can see maybe a little baby snail pooping out or whatever, but where does it get the shell? Does it come out with the shell? I am disturbed and do not want to lose sleep over this tonight.
5. Remind myself to Love as I am Loved… On a couple of hours of sleep (thoughts of snails), and a low tank of patience, that is not always top of mind. And it needs to be.
5 of My favorite Snacks: Is this on a Very Bad eating Day or a Healthful eating Day?... because they are different. I will put Bad first then Good. But really, the Bad list tastes Good and the Good list, tastes Bad. Please don’t let it confuse you..
1. Caramel Popcorn / Homemade popcorn with salt
2. Peanut Butter Fudge/ Nuts
3. Shakes with B*ryers Vanilla ice-cream and H*orizon Choc Milk/ 40 cal Fudge Pops w/ no sugar
4. Anything with Sugar, Sugar, & more Sugar/ Fruit
5. Anything Chocolate/ Anything Chocolate (my good days have to have some bad. Hence the 15lbs extra baggage)
5 Things I would do if I were a Billionaire:
1. Buy myself some decisiveness because most of that money is going to charity and I won’t be able to decide who gets left out.
2. Once I receive my decisiveness in the mail, or however it comes, giving tons of praise to God for using us as a vehicle to be able to hopefully make a difference. Then some time realizing that I just wasted money buying decisiveness that could have been spent elsewhere because all I needed to do was spend lots of time praying and then discerning where He wants the money to go. Once I am over that, we would just have a ball giving it away. There will be lots of family and friends and music and dancing… I think I will make a playlist, just in case. :)
3. Set our families up with accounts so that they would never have to worry about essentials and can focus solely on being warriors for God and changing the world.
4. Invent a pill that allows you to eat sugar and not gain weight. Or even better, eat sugar, lose weight. I am going to be a world changer…that’s me.
5. As much as I do not like to travel, Missionary trips as a family. Would love to spend time in Africa, China, Haiti, etc. If that is what God wants, we would go wherever he sent us. Either that or Boobs. Keeping it real.
5 Places I have lived:
1. Our family house that burnt down because a pig caught it on fire. Another story for another TAG.
2. Our last family house together as a family before my parents got divorced. Don’t be sad, they are better off. Also the house where I had my first date with my husband to be. Good times.
3. My future husbands house for the summer while he was away at College, because I loved sitting down for meals with his family and because they were cool like that. My family’s house was less than 5 miles away. Nice. Narcissistic much?
4. My dorm room at College for a brief period of time before my roommate decided she might like living alone better and locked me out indefinitely.
5. In my husband to be’s single dorm room which was the size of a small walk in closet during college. Illegally. How you doin’?
I think I am going to pass on tagging anyone this time. People are busy, traveling to bring babies home, spending time with their kiddos with school out. But if you want to be tagged, leave a comment, I won’t post it, and consider yourself tagged!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





12 heart smiles:
I know that if I drop by here, I will just be cracking up. You never fail to disappoint. Remember to pee... Mission trips or boobs... I am totally LOL. ;-)
BOOBS. Yes, please.
And just to clarify....that was" Boobs, yes please" for ME. Not you. Seriously, me.
Perhaps you could include that somewhere in the billion dollar distribution.
You are cracking me up!
Oh, I shared the video announcing Johnathan's adoption with someone and they wanted to pass along their congrats! (It was a boy "friend" so if you think about it, pray about that)
Love, your single friend ; )
I followed your link from Colleen's blog.....you are a riot.....I was hysterical reading your list!
You have a beautiful family!
Loved your post about washing hands before meals....what a visual!
I will be checking back!
Have a great day!
Lisa
I know it is so horrible of me to LOVE IT when you get tagged. I kind of think that Colleen doesn't like you but- she loves you too- crazy isn't it? only b/c I am sure her obsession with tagging you is so that we all continue to learn more about you but also reaffirm the stories/things we know about! :) Also- on the boob thing - take it from the expert they are not all that they would seem.... gravity will take hold even if they are store bought and gravity is NOT kind! I am just sayin'....
Oh my goodness. I can so relate to the forgetting to go pee. Like right now you're cracking me up and now I remember that I haven't gone pee in a really long time because I'm about to pee laughing!
I'm with ya on the missionary family trip. I dream about doing that one day.
Please share the pig fire story. Soon.
And happy late birthday! What a special one you had!
Dear Amie,
I am interested in what sort of tag would bring out the details of a pig burning down your house.
Hmmmmmmmm. That would be an interesting tag. Please let me know if you ever get that one!
(found your blog from Stefanie's)
Blessings to your big BEAUTIFUL family!
Smiles,
Holly from Purpose Driven Family
So fun to read this and find out more about you. I did one like this a while back I think.
ROTFL I knew your favorite snacks would have something to do with chocolate LOL When you invent that pill how about sharing them with your buddy...that would be me : ) we could eat chocolate kisses all day long.
I love ya...but you know that!!!!
Oh my goodness...how much fun are you? Thanks for stopping by my blog so I know about you. Your posts and children to just too cute for words.
Melissa
Oh my gosh Amie, I have been reading lots of your posts. I have been a bad bad bloggy participant. Can't seem to keep my head on straight let alone anything else. This post made me amazed at your genuineness. I laughed, I was inspired....you are amazing and good for my soul.
Thanks!
AnnaB
(Party of Eight)