Tuesday, July 22, 2008
*PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*
8:48 PM | Posted by
Amie
If you work for an adoption agency, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT send your families any type of e-mail communication unless it contains the good news they are waiting for, especially if they are waiting for news involving any combination of two or three letters.
Don't even try to be nice, and send a little hello. Or, "thinkin' of you". Or a funny forward. Or a chain letter. Or a new recipe you thought they might like to try. And most definitely not an e-mail announcing that your hours have been cut back and you will now be that much harder to get a hold of. Nada. Nunca.Nothing.
Unless ...you want your client to poop their pants when they see they have a message from you in their in-box. Let me clarify... I don't mind poopin' for good news, but I might be a little resentful if I find out I have pooped for your blueberry scone recipe or your new poopy schedule. Might.
I'm just sayin'.
:)
Don't even try to be nice, and send a little hello. Or, "thinkin' of you". Or a funny forward. Or a chain letter. Or a new recipe you thought they might like to try. And most definitely not an e-mail announcing that your hours have been cut back and you will now be that much harder to get a hold of. Nada. Nunca.Nothing.
Unless ...you want your client to poop their pants when they see they have a message from you in their in-box. Let me clarify... I don't mind poopin' for good news, but I might be a little resentful if I find out I have pooped for your blueberry scone recipe or your new poopy schedule. Might.
I'm just sayin'.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Blog Archive
- 2013 (2)
- 2012 (4)
- 2011 (6)
- 2010 (2)
- 2009 (41)
-
2008
(158)
- December(8)
- November(9)
- October(20)
- September(13)
- August(13)
-
July(17)
- Katie and I were tackling a painting job the other...
- Sharing a Smile...
- Thanks... :)
- "IN-COMING"
- A couple of my MANY reasons to SMILE and PRAISE GOD
- Now that's IRONY
- *PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*
- Skate Park Fun
- BLESSED!!!
- So we are sitting out on the back deck having dinn...
- She is going to kill me.....
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!
- HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY TORI!!!
- Upon noticing my wrinkly feet after I had just com...
- In the words of Gracie....
- HAPPY 4TH!!!!
- One Step Closer to Home
- June(9)
- May(16)
- April(7)
- March(8)
- February(21)
- January(17)
- 2007 (87)
- 2006 (4)
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(158)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Katie and I were tackling a painting job the other...
- Sharing a Smile...
- Thanks... :)
- "IN-COMING"
- A couple of my MANY reasons to SMILE and PRAISE GOD
- Now that's IRONY
- *PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*
- Skate Park Fun
- BLESSED!!!
- So we are sitting out on the back deck having dinn...
- She is going to kill me.....
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!
- HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY TORI!!!
- Upon noticing my wrinkly feet after I had just com...
- In the words of Gracie....
- HAPPY 4TH!!!!
- One Step Closer to Home
-
▼
July
(17)
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





11 heart smiles:
A RECIPE???
Does your agency... seriously... Amie I can't help it, I am laughing... do they SERIOUSLY email you chain letters and recipes??!!!!
I would be SOOOOOOO mad!!!! So glad ASIA only sends me emails when there is something really important to say!! Geesh.
Love!
R
oh I am laughing so hard.... no, they do not send me chain letters...lol. But thanks for being mad with me if they had. You got my back girl!!!LOL...
but I did get one announcing the new cut back hours... which is fine, if I weren't waiting for my LOA with a excitedly nervous stomach to boot. No e-mails unless its the good stuff peeps.again, just sayin'.
:)
Oh, geez...poor thing! I know the feeling, I'm waiting for a referral any day and ANYTHING that comes from my agency makes me jump.
Funny, funny post. Hang in there, chica!
Melissa
I just adore you : ) but you know that!!!!!
I'm not laughing (well just a little) but it's not funny....I would of probably puked when I opened up the email....
Love ya!!!!! I say sick the mailman on them : )
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry, here, Amie...Sorry for the false alarm and anything that happened as a result.
xoxo,
Lisa
LOVIN' AMIE!
If I see one more "Picnic Anouncement" while I am waiting for my approval...I am going to scream!
Glad I'm not the only one.:)
A
Not cool people. I almost pooped when I saw "Adoption Agency"
OMGoodness!!! Don't those people have a clue? Grab the Scott tissue and hang on
Terrye in FL
Hey Amie,
Just read Margie's post on the Panda board. So sorry for the turmoil. I know there are many questions right now and I hope NOTHING gets disrupted.
Hang in there, sweetie.
Love,
Lisa
Guess "she" didn't get this message before our last email????
I'm thinking now that she should NEVER send us another one ...
oh wait...
she won't.
M
Ok, you are too funny!