Sharing a Smile...
June 18th....
So I can't tell you how many times I think about Johnathan during the day. Most of the time I will take a moment to pray for angels to cover him in their protection, or for the nannies to make sure he is held and touched and loved. Or that he is able to let them know if he is cold, or hot, or sad, or needs a tissue to wipe his little nose, or someone to rub his back because it itches and I pray that someone is there to answer him and see to his needs. Sometimes I am just thinking about what he might be doing at that very moment. eating, or sleeping, or hopefully playing with friends. Most of the time I smile and tear up with Happy tears thinking about the miracle that he is. But sometimes, they are sad little tears, because I just miss him. So much. I don't need to explain to my friends here who are adoptive moms how you can miss someone you have never met, they know. They feel it too in their hearts. It is a deep ache, and sometimes, it can just sneak up on you.
Thankfully, God did not wire me to feel sorry for myself for very long. It is a blessing and a curse really. I will have my sad moment looking back at his car seat and I will tear up and then I will realize, it won't be long before I am looking in the mirror and he is looking back at me. It won't be long until he has his own little pile of laundry I am folding. And I AM making lunch for 7 little kiddos, gathered around our big honkin' table sharing time together.
Well tonight I decided to sit down and take some time to go through all of the e-mail exchanges between friends/ the agency leading up to our acceptance of his referral. What a cool story that was unfolding, and we really didn't even know it.
As I was looking through some other e-mails, I found a few that contained updated pictures we had received of Johnathan . I downloaded all of those pics, and somehow, I managed to forget one. It has always been there, I just didn't find it, until now. It was sent with the other updated pictures I posted a few posts back, so same outfit, same day, same scene. Different pic. Anyone who knows me, knows that is unlike me to forget that I would have a picture of our little man.. and not bring it here to share with you all.
Yet there it sat, in my inbox, waiting to be found. God knew that one day, today, I would need that picture. A little reminder that he is faithful, and in control and that his timing is always perfect. And this timing was perfect.
So I may not have him home riding in the row behind me smiling at me in the mirror, or out getting muddy in the back yard and creating laundry for me, and sitting at our table with us enjoying a family dinner.. but today I do have my little forgotten picture. And I'll tell you what, I am SO VERY GRATEFUL!
Thank You GOD!
I just love this little man!
:)
Amie
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Blog Archive
- 2013 (2)
- 2012 (4)
- 2011 (6)
- 2010 (2)
- 2009 (41)
-
2008
(158)
- December(8)
- November(9)
- October(20)
- September(13)
- August(13)
-
July(17)
- Katie and I were tackling a painting job the other...
- Sharing a Smile...
- Thanks... :)
- "IN-COMING"
- A couple of my MANY reasons to SMILE and PRAISE GOD
- Now that's IRONY
- *PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*
- Skate Park Fun
- BLESSED!!!
- So we are sitting out on the back deck having dinn...
- She is going to kill me.....
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!
- HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY TORI!!!
- Upon noticing my wrinkly feet after I had just com...
- In the words of Gracie....
- HAPPY 4TH!!!!
- One Step Closer to Home
- June(9)
- May(16)
- April(7)
- March(8)
- February(21)
- January(17)
- 2007 (87)
- 2006 (4)
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(158)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Katie and I were tackling a painting job the other...
- Sharing a Smile...
- Thanks... :)
- "IN-COMING"
- A couple of my MANY reasons to SMILE and PRAISE GOD
- Now that's IRONY
- *PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*
- Skate Park Fun
- BLESSED!!!
- So we are sitting out on the back deck having dinn...
- She is going to kill me.....
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!
- HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY TORI!!!
- Upon noticing my wrinkly feet after I had just com...
- In the words of Gracie....
- HAPPY 4TH!!!!
- One Step Closer to Home
-
▼
July
(17)





11 heart smiles:
Amie, this post was so sweet, so REAL and from the heart. I was crying tears with you because I SO SO SO know those feelings. That ache in your heart that kind of sneaks up on you sometimes, and the intensity of the longing for your child even though you've never met them!! I GET YOU GIRL!
As you said in your last post... the adoption community is awesome, and it is such a comfort to have others encouraging you, cheering you on, keeping you positive and hopeful! It has meant the world to me, too!!!!
YOU have been such an encouragement especially - you constantly crack me up, make me smile, and I feel like I know you even though we've never met. :) I love your wordy comments and how excited you get for other people when they get an update or a new picture. Let me reciprocate that by giving you a big CYBERHUG with some thanks to God for this "forgotten picture" of your sweet little man!! I LOVE HIM!! I just love everything about him. His little face - his chubby cheeks and his beautiful expressive eyes!! He is a doll Amie! I am waiting anxiously with you until you can bring him home. Let's keep cheering each other on until these little men are home where they belong. :)
Love ya,
Rebecca
Amie,
What a beautiful post. God placed that picture there and held it back for when you needed it. What a handsome little guy. I can't wait to see him in your arms... or until you are adding his little clothes to your piles of laundry. :-)
God is so good. He knows exactly what we need and when.
Always- He is faithful!
Blessings,
Holly
I remember this post. It was beautiful then and it is beautiful now! Your amazing!! Hoping and praying that we ALL hear some good news soon!!! Shelby
Oh My GOODNESS! Things like this are SOOOOO cool to me. I just love"Look what God did" stories!
Makes me cry. Your boy is beautiful, BTW. :)
Andrea
Love this post, love that little guy, love your sunshiny attitude, love your love of Jesus, love your sweet children, love that you want to know what color my laundry room is...because you care about that kind of crazy stuff about people...that's what makes you wonderful AMIE!!!!!!!
It's pumpkin by the way. And it is the happiest laundry room you would ever see! ;)
I'm praying for your LOA to come soon and very soon. God is so much bigger than a closed agency, and this is just going to be a great chance for Him to really show up HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay!
He is absolutely adorable. I am so happy for you.
The hardest part is the wait. I really admire your positive attitude and outlook! I know that has gotta be tough...I mean, look at that handsome little face!
I can't wait for you to get over there and get him home to his wonderful & blessed family.
God is good.
Melissa
Did I really need to read this (again) and cry (again) ???
I guess I did. ;)
I don't know why I don't just always have a box of tissue on hand when I read your blog... seriously snot rolling with tears down my face... now that is hot! Thanks for touching my heart everytime I read your blog... love you.
Amie, That was such a great post. I know the wait is hard. Some times I would think when will it all be over. When will the time come for me to hold my little one? So many days I felt like it would never get here. It seemed like different things would come up and hinder my time of getting to my Brooke. But you know what....God's timing is everything. God gave me a scripture in Habakkuk 2:3 that helped me.The last part of the scripture says "though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
I knew as hard as it seemed and as long as it seemed that it was going to come.
Stay encouraged.