Saturday, May 24, 2008

1 reason we always wash hands before meals...

So the other night we are sitting at the dinner table, just sharing about our day, when, suddenly, we all smelled something a little suspicious. I thought maybe Hannah had left us a present in her pull-up. I ask her if she needed to go potty, or if she had maybe already gone and needed changed. (turns out it was the dog. no really.)

Allie jumps right in and very matter-of-factly declares, in between bites of her grilled cheese sammy, " Oh no mom, Hannah doesn't need to go poop. She already went poop.... And Grace and I changed her."

****uh, I'm sorry what?Come again?****

" You already changed her, what do you mean?"

" Grace and I changed Hannah's diaper. Right before dinner. And boy was it poopy. Poopy everywhere. Biggest Poop ever. And Stinky. And the Poop was sticking to her legs. Poop was everywhere. Yup, it was a big poop alright. But Grace and I took care of it. Didn't we Hannah sweetie. "

Didn't know exactly what to say to that one, so I go with the encouraging " Well, Thank you very much for being so helpful.We did wash our hands really well before dinner, right? Yes? Good. Would you Excuse me for a moment?"

And I casually head upstairs to the where the changing supplies are, thinking this might be a good place to start in my hunt for the extracted poopy diaper. I did not need to look too far or too hard....

This awaited me...







Underneath the pile of used wipes, about a package worth, is the poopy diaper.

I am thankful for their resource fullness, and their willingness to help out.

But most of all I am thankful that we are in the habit of washing our hands before meals. (and also for carpet cleaners)

:)

11 heart smiles:

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh my! There is never a dull moment around your house, eh? My house is asleep, so I am laughing quietly. Not LOL. I am LQ. :-)

Stefanie said...

I am crackin' up here. We've been dealing with a lot of poop issues 'round our house, Jude poop, dog poop... and I really have a strong aversion to the stuff.
Sounds like your girls are some really good helpers :) How long did it take you to rewash their hands after this?!? ;)

The Ferrill's said...

Oh what helpful little sweet potatoes you have! Yes, that rule of washing hands paid off big time in this circumstance! Whew!
And no, life couldn't be any sweeter than the three beautiful babies below! ;) Love 'em!
You are SO blessed!

us said...

Well since I know they are good at changing diapers and don't seem to mind it, I could use a toddler teacher at my daycare!!!! Love you girls!!!!

But they really do look out for one another which is so great and sweet!!!!

Becky said...

Oh wow. Clever girls! :o) What a lucky Mom you are to have such a dynamic team under your roof!

Jen@KerrnalJournal said...

Awwwwww, that is just so sweet that they helped their sister.....and completely DISGUSTING, LOL! Pass the antibacterial hand gel, please!

Take care,
Jen

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Your humorous posts continue to remind me of the importance of patience. You amaze me, Amie.

Thanks for your life lessons...

Love,
Lisa

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh my heavens. That is so funny Amie. I died laughing when I saw the pics. What a story!!!!

quilt'n-mama said...

I love your post! I sounds so familiar!
Have a great day!
Blessings,
Gayly

Lynn said...

Absolutely hilarious and gross all at the same time!

Organized Chaos said...

I read this post again just because it makes me smile each time! I will have to say they must be EXTREMELY THOROUGH WIPERS..... I am definitely LOL. Love you,

Shelley

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish