Friday, May 16, 2008

Blasted.... I've Been Tagged.

I have been tagged again, by my FORMER friend Stefanie. :) You know I love you , and I will do it, because I love you, and because I owe you one. But girl, why so many questions? why?


Here we go....


Favorite person (outside family)?
I am going to kick it off, by breaking the rules. Sorry, but I have to include family. My family is full of my best friends. My Mom, my sister, and My SIL Kristen and I hang out most of the time . And while I don’t get to see my other SIL as much because she is crazy busy, she is a hoot. And I adore my brother. And I keep a very close knit group of friends. I have my posse from church and a few close friends. And of course all of my bloggy friends. Guess what I am saying is, everyone is my favorite. I am truly blessed to have the coolest people to hang with on a daily basis.

Favorite Food?
Chicken and Noodles and Mashed potatoes, oh my. Carb-Coma!

Quirks about you?
Too many. Can’t stand to hear people chew. Will drive me mad and makes me make irrational requests like" Can you eat those chips outside?" I am super sensitive to smells, light, taste, touch, sounds blah blah. I could seriously make a living as an FBI sniff person. Also, I fluctuate between hot and cold every 30 minutes, and when I do, I need relief right away. So I will blast the AC, then it will be a fridge in the house. Then the furnace gets a workout, and I will look as though I have just run a marathon. And so it is back to the AC blast. Yes. I have considered that I may be peri-menopausal, but thanks for mentioning it. Way to bring a girl down.

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less?
Jeff said, "Loving, hard-working, selfless, painfully funny, patient, honest, God-centered, sincere, and kind…no, Amie did not pay me to describe her that way, I hit the soul mate lottery on this woman!" .... Should I have put that in bold, cause that is good stuff? btw- I am the one who won the lottery!

Any regrets in life?
One of my mottos is, “No regrets.” Don’t ask me what any of my other mottos are, I can’t remember. I am one of those annoying people who believe there is something to be learned from every situation. I think I might just use that as a crutch to rationalize all the mistakes I have made.LOL. Whatever. It works. :) I have a life rich with Blessings, how could I have any regrets?

Favorite Charity/ Cause?
Obviously, the Children of China. Wow, Maybe that wasn’t obvious. Don’t want to make you feel stupid if you wouldn’t have guessed that. Sorry about that. Actually, anything involving children.

Favorite Blog recently?
Please don’t make me pick. I love all the blogs I read. I don’t have time to read blogs I don’t love. I did find a new blog recently that has inspired me greatly in my personal relationship with Jesus. I hope she doesn’t mind me linking to her. Is that bad blog etiquette? I have a feeling she won’t mind if you stop by. Please read her story from the beginning. With a box of tissues in hand and a gallon of ice cream on stand-by. I am not going to tell you anything about Angie, cause it is her story to tell, and it is an amazing one. Stop by and You will come away stronger in Faith. http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

Something you can’t get enough of?
Sleep. Sugar. And Jesus. (not in order of importance). Quite the combo.

Worst job you’ve ever had?
This is kinda sorta not a job, but when I was in College I was a Resident Assistant for one year. Might have signed up to do it because you got a single room by yourself. Given that the year before my roommate “had a moment” and threw all of my stuff out of my drawers and off of my bed because she wanted more room for her clothes and she decided she wanted the top bunk, and then the next day when I left the room for a moment to see a friend down the hall and came back to find out she had locked me out, and stood on the other side of the door and said she would never let me back in, my own room was a high priority.

For my dorm assignment, The Resident Director decided she would place me in the dorm with the Fraternity and Sorority that had been suspended from the Greek system due to abuse of alcohol and violent behavior. It was a good match considering I was a 5’1, 102 lb(might have just lied about that part) short-stuff who did not like to tell people No , who did not like to drink, and who would have just prefered to hide in her single room rather than confront anyone causing trouble. As you can imagine, Good times for me. I think it might have been a good year for the Greeks living in my dorm though. I might have even gotten a gift basket at the end of the year. What did I learn from this situation you ask? I know what pot smells like. (let’s be clear, can’t identify it, haven’t smoked it, but definitely smelled it. Didn't get close enough to the people to see it. Was hiding in my room like a good RA would).


What job would you pay NOT to have?
A debt collector. That is just not nice. I would sit at my desk and pretend to call the people and get nothing done. I would be fired within the day. Actually, I would probably end up spending my time trying to fund raise to help the people pay off their debts anonymously. Sorry if you are a debt collector. I know you are just doing your job. But doesn’t option 2 sound more appealing? :) .

If you could be a fly on the wall, where?
At the throne room, in Heaven. I have so much to learn. Though, the purpose of being a fly on the wall is to listen without the people knowing. Otherwise, why wouldn’t you just go there and listen instead of turning into a dirty nasty annoying fly? And God would already know I was there, and actually he would know before I was there, so I guess it defeats the purpose. I think I would rather see if he was available for lunch.

Favorite Bible verse right now?
I would be lying if I told you I had one on the top of my head, as I do not have many committed to memory… but this seems appropriate for me right now…

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Guilty Pleasure?
Do I have to out myself on this one? I might like watching a little trashy reality tv show every now and then. It is not very often, but it happens. I have seen K*eeping up with the Karda*shians, an episode or two of Th*e B*achelor in previous seasons, D*esperate H*ousewives of O*range C*ounty...There I said it. I feel better.

Got any confessions?
I might like watching a little trashy reality tv show every now and then.

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it?
Who is YOURSELF? And can I meet them and get to know them a little before deciding how to spend the money?

Favorite thing about your house?
That I live in the same neighborhood as my Brother and SIL and their family, and that I live within minutes of my sister and the rest of my family.

Least favorite thing about your house?
That it is not self-cleaning. The J*et-son’s had it back in the 70’s, so am I really asking too much, nearly 30 years later?

One thing you are bad at?
Dressing myself. I have NO fashion sense whatsoever. I am waiting for the G*ranimals for Adults line to come out.

One thing you’re good at?
Indecisiveness. I think.


If you could change something about your circumstances, what?
That Johnathan was here and not there. But having said that, I am a firm believer in God’s timing.

Who would you like to meet someday?
Predictable, but Jesus.

What makes you feel sexy?
I can’t tell you… You might use it to hit on me.

Who is your real life hero?
Anyone who is able to maintain Faith in any circumstance. Again, check out Angie’s story at http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

What is the hardest part of your job?
Staying on top of the cleaning up after all the kiddos, and they even help a ton! Mr. Jetson… call me!!!

When are you most relaxed?
When all the kiddos are happily tucked in bed, after some good snuggle time. During Tornado off-season…

What stresses you out?
TORNADO Season! I sleep with the tv on all night and wake-up throughout the night to see if there are any warnings. If the sky even looks the tad bit off, we are down in the basement. I will not tell you if I have ever made our whole family of 8 sit squished in our basement tub for 30 minutes until the storm passed, During a Tornado WATCH.

What can you not live without?
Jesus in my life. My Family. And Laughter.

Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that blogs are authored by narcissists?
I am with Stefanie on this one… if it is not on Y*ahoo, or on my favorite blog list, I don’t know what is going on. My sister laughs at me cause I will call her feeling all on top of things and current with what I consider to be a good nugget of information,like “The D*uggars are expecting #18, or the N*ew Ki*ds are getting back together.” And her response is always, “I know, I have Yahoo too,Amie.”

Why do you blog?
Before the paper chase for Grace, I didn’t know what a blog was. Once I found out, I started a travel blog to journal our trip and then carried it over for when we got home. I keep it up because I have made so many friends through the adoptions that I enjoy keeping up with through their blogs, and I want to extend the same to them so they can keep track of our going-ons. I also remember living vicariously through others by reading so many people’s blogs, people I didn’t even know, to help pass the time while we were waiting for Grace, and I want to be able to return the favor to other families in waiting. I also pray that maybe just maybe, my blog might plant a seed in someone’s heart for adoption. You just never know how God plans to use you. And also, apparently I might be narcissistic. :)


Who are you tagging?

New Bloggers: I got nothin'. Don't know them yet. They are new... Was this a trick question?

Bloggy Friends: Colleen (cause you are just so good at them) and Margie(cause you ducked out of the last one...and it was only 3 questions...bwahahaha!)

Bloggers You would like to get to know better: Barbie and Michelle


Bloggers who you don't think will respond, but you hope will :

Jennifer(because she is so busy off doing cool stuff with her 3 awesome boys, and besides, I think she might not like someone telling her they think she won't do something,and therefore, I think there is a good chance she will. :)Your welcome Jennifer!lol) and JoAnn(I might have cheated, I know she likes these things, but I want to hear her answers! Is that breaking the rules again?). I am going to cheat and add one more, Lisa. (She is far too busy to do a tag, but I just think she is so stinkin cute and I want to get to know her better! ,so I will chance the rejection!)


Rules:
1. Answer the questions (Did I really have to include this as a rule? Duh!)
2. Link back to whoever tagged you3. Tag eight bloggers to do the same, 2 from each category.New/ newer bloggers (since we want to share the love and send them traffic)Bloggy friendsBloggers you’d like to get to know better;Bloggers you don’t think will respond, but you hope will.


Have fun friends!

:)

7 heart smiles:

Stefanie said...

Thank you for:
1. Answering (even though you have to admit, it WAS fun...)
2. Making me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants. Didn't split them though, they are in my new *larger* size, thankyouverymuch. I actually DID laugh out loud. Hard. Even hubs heard me and wanted to know what I was laughing about.
Love you, girl! We need another afternoon on the phone, I could use the pick-me-up ;)

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Amie...the RA story....uh-uh, can't handle it...too funny...can't even make a complete sentence! Oh especially about the gift basket at the end of the year...oh my goodness...I wish you could hear my dorky guffawing.
And I SO CANNOT STAND CHEWING and am ULTRA sensitive to smells, and I too have no fashion sense...why don't you come up with a line of clothing for mommas who have a ton of kiddos and drive big momma vans and like sugar? Something, I don't know, roomy, comfortable, stretchy, but cool and cute. Work on it.
Oh, but since you're indecisive I guess I may never see your product line, huh? ;)
I LOVE YOU funny girl!

Michelle R Photography said...

Ummm... should I say thanks for tagging me? No seriously, I feel all warm and fuzzy that you would choose ME as someone you would like to get to know better. But, I must say, you have set the bar high. How can I follow you? You had me laughing hysterically. You are a riot! I may be begging you for a rain check on it this time, as my list is long after being gone a week, but I'll give it a shot if I can find a few moments. See, right now, I'm busy with my guilty pleasure (getting caught up on all the bloggy news that I have missed) and I can't even get to my list yet. This is important stuff, you know. After all, if I don't take the time to do this, I would have missed your BIG, BIG NEWS! I am beyond excited for you and your exciting news. Congratulations on your big news and PA!! How wonderful for you and your family!

jennifer said...

Ha Ha!! What is really funny is that I completely forgot about it until I checked 3 Peanuts' blog a minute ago! I will try to get it done before we leave for the beach!!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Just when I thought I was almost caught up!

You're the best!!!

xoxox,
Lisa

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Me again...I just re-read that you didn't think I'd play??? What??? I'm so hurt, Amie. Where's the love? When have I never played???

Okay, you know I'm teasing, right and that my feelings aren't terribly damaged and hurt? I'll play. I am just not saying when.

Have a fun day.

Love you,
Lisa

Amie said...

Oh lisa.. NO!!!! You always play.. but you just came off of your bloggy hiatus, and you are so busy catching up, I didn't want you to feel pressure to play, just wanted you to know I would love it if you did. Must have been my guilt coming through for tagging you AGAIN knowing you have so much to do...

Love you girl!
hugs
:)
Amie

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish