Sunday, May 11, 2008
My Mother's Day Smile...(at least one of them) :)
2:02 PM | Posted by
Amie
Today in church, our elders put together a little something to honor all of the moms in the church. Part of their "celebrations" involved handing out Gift Cards to some moms. The first Gift Card was to be handed out to the mom who has gone the longest since seeing a "mommy" movie in the theatre. A cute little mom with 6 boys won. My kiddos kept trying to get me to raise my hand on that one, because they knew it had been a while since I had been to a theatre to watch something that didn't involve animation or puppets dancing about. But those who know me, know I would have never raised my hand even if I qualified. I really and honestly do not like to take things away from other people. I get Joy out of good things happening to friends. I don't say this to toot my own horn, but rather to give you some context for what I am about to tell you. So that you can appreciate how quickly I abandoned that principle, and left my Friends hanging. nice. :)
So the next gift card went to the mom who had fed the most mouths this past thanksgiving. I was safe on that one, because I never have to cook on Thanksgiving. Thankfully, my MIL does it every year, so I have been spoiled. I am already looking forward to her stuffing and mashed potatoes. Tangent, sorry.
So he pulls out the next gift card and he says "This one goes to the mom whose child lives the furthest away." So I am smiling and turning around searching the church, looking for the next mom to "whoop it up" for, when from the back I hear my dear SIL yell out,
.......... "Amie. " "Amie's the one with the child who is living the furthest away."
Then it clicked. And I started to bawl. The big ugly cry. With.everyone.watching. I couldn't even say anything. Through my tears and my sniffles and my gasps for air, I just gave the thumbs up.
Yup. You heard me right. The thumbs up.
So as I am bawling and trying to keep too much snot from dripping from my nose, he brings me over the gift card. And do I graciously decline, so that someone else can win it and do something nice for themselves? Nope! You better believe I grabbed that bad boy, pocketed it, and through the sniffs and tears gave the biggest,boldest and most grateful thumbs up ever. I am a sentimental sucker and that apparently took over my desire for good to happen to others. :) I will be praying on that one later.
Thank you God for that moment. For allowing our little man to be a part of it in a special way. For the 6 little smiles beaming up at me when I grabbed that gift card and for the little hugs and the "it's all right mama's" and the "it's her happy cry." that came along with it. Thank you for my life. I am so AMAZINGLY blessed.
As for what I will be doing with that gift card, you ask? (I heard you , you did ask.) . It will be going towards the fund for bringing our little man home...
Happy Day to all you Beautiful Mommies! I pray your day is full of Heart Smiles!
Much Love~
Amie
(Mommy to 6 Beautiful kiddos at home... and to 1 adorable little man, waiting for us in China.)
So the next gift card went to the mom who had fed the most mouths this past thanksgiving. I was safe on that one, because I never have to cook on Thanksgiving. Thankfully, my MIL does it every year, so I have been spoiled. I am already looking forward to her stuffing and mashed potatoes. Tangent, sorry.
So he pulls out the next gift card and he says "This one goes to the mom whose child lives the furthest away." So I am smiling and turning around searching the church, looking for the next mom to "whoop it up" for, when from the back I hear my dear SIL yell out,
.......... "Amie. " "Amie's the one with the child who is living the furthest away."
Then it clicked. And I started to bawl. The big ugly cry. With.everyone.watching. I couldn't even say anything. Through my tears and my sniffles and my gasps for air, I just gave the thumbs up.
Yup. You heard me right. The thumbs up.
So as I am bawling and trying to keep too much snot from dripping from my nose, he brings me over the gift card. And do I graciously decline, so that someone else can win it and do something nice for themselves? Nope! You better believe I grabbed that bad boy, pocketed it, and through the sniffs and tears gave the biggest,boldest and most grateful thumbs up ever. I am a sentimental sucker and that apparently took over my desire for good to happen to others. :) I will be praying on that one later.
Thank you God for that moment. For allowing our little man to be a part of it in a special way. For the 6 little smiles beaming up at me when I grabbed that gift card and for the little hugs and the "it's all right mama's" and the "it's her happy cry." that came along with it. Thank you for my life. I am so AMAZINGLY blessed.
As for what I will be doing with that gift card, you ask? (I heard you , you did ask.) . It will be going towards the fund for bringing our little man home...
Happy Day to all you Beautiful Mommies! I pray your day is full of Heart Smiles!
Much Love~
Amie
(Mommy to 6 Beautiful kiddos at home... and to 1 adorable little man, waiting for us in China.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Blog Archive
- 2013 (2)
- 2012 (4)
- 2011 (6)
- 2010 (2)
- 2009 (41)
-
2008
(158)
- December(8)
- November(9)
- October(20)
- September(13)
- August(13)
- July(17)
- June(9)
-
May(16)
- Maximus Samuel
- 1 reason we always wash hands before meals...
- Best of Friends...
- WOW- 12 years ago today, our whole world was Rock...
- Please pray for the Chapman Family. They lost thei...
- A God thing...
- Blasted.... I've Been Tagged.
- Who wants to Play?
- For Shelby...
- Aaron
- A Father's Love 3/11/08
- God's Perfect Timing...
- Please Pray...
- YES...
- My Mother's Day Smile...(at least one of them) :)
- Grace's Pedicure Salon
- April(7)
- March(8)
- February(21)
- January(17)
- 2007 (87)
- 2006 (4)
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(158)
-
▼
May
(16)
- Maximus Samuel
- 1 reason we always wash hands before meals...
- Best of Friends...
- WOW- 12 years ago today, our whole world was Rock...
- Please pray for the Chapman Family. They lost thei...
- A God thing...
- Blasted.... I've Been Tagged.
- Who wants to Play?
- For Shelby...
- Aaron
- A Father's Love 3/11/08
- God's Perfect Timing...
- Please Pray...
- YES...
- My Mother's Day Smile...(at least one of them) :)
- Grace's Pedicure Salon
-
▼
May
(16)
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





7 heart smiles:
Yay!!! Happy tears being cried for you here.....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Jen
I am so happy that little man was able to be a part of your day!! Happy Mother's Day!!!
Love you all!
Julie, Rob, Karleigh and Aaron
Happy Mother's Day Amie!
This makes me do the happy momma cry, too! How very sweet, and you do deserve that gift card so take it girl, take it! Good for you! ;)
What a sweet post. Happy Mothers Day!
Oooooooooooh I am just crying puddles all over my computer!!!! Bring me an extra kleenex!!! This was the SWEETEST STORY EVER!!! I love it! And I love your SIL even though I've never met her! God bless her. And God bless YOU and all the waiting mommies whose arms ache for our children, yes, so VERY far away yet close in our hearts just the same!!
You are a blessed mama... we are all blessed. I pray your precious little man comes home to his mama soon. Home where he belongs!!!
Love,
Rebecca
Oh man! I'm so bummed I missed out on that moment! :o)
:::smiles:::