Wednesday, August 20, 2008
6:03 PM | Posted by
Amie

I just wanted to pause a moment in the craziness that is the bloggy giveaway(I know you all are on the edge of your seat. Simmer Down now, we are almost there. ;) ), to tell you about one of the greatest Blessings in my life...My sister.
I wish you all would get a chance to get to know her. She is one of the nicest, most genuine people you will EVER meet. I am not just saying this because she is my sister. Ask anyone who has had the pleasure to get to know her. You will not find anyone who knows her who doesn't feel unbelievably blessed to be a part of her life.
My sis is the greatest MOM alive. She is the kind of mom who takes the greatest care in the littlest details knowing it makes her kids feel loved. She is the kind of mom you will see in the grocery store singing a goofy song about vegetables as she follows her kids around as they "help" out loading the veggies into the bag, while dropping some on the floor and taking 4x as long than if she did it herself. All the while making the kids feel like there is no place else she would rather be. And she would mean it.
She is the type of mom who collects boxes and keeps them in her basement for the day when they feel moved to spend the whole day making a cardboard airport decked out with a card board plane, a control tower, a ticket booth and a runway. Then the rest of the day will be spent with alternating between her role of pilot, passenger, ticket booth personnel and those guys who land the plane and wave their little glow-ey wands.
She runs through the sprinkler with the kiddos on the spur of the moment in her nice clothes and does cartwheels at the park , not caring who is watching cause it makes her kids smile. She orders a jump-o-leen to put in the back yard for 3 hours and invites all the cousins over for no reason whatsoever other than, why not? It's fun. And she is the one inside jumping and doing flips with every ones kids. Because she is just that cool.
My sister is SUPER MOM. SUPER AUNT. SUPER SIS. SUPER FRIEND! And I am only touching on so little of what makes her AMAZING, but she is 3 weeks away from her due date for #3, and I find myself thinking a lot lately about what a WONDERFUL mother she is and How abundantly blessed her children are to call her mom.
Makes my heart smile BIG!
You Rock Sis!!(and I'm not talkin' about the waddle your sportin' these days.")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Blog Archive
- 2013 (2)
- 2012 (4)
- 2011 (6)
- 2010 (2)
- 2009 (41)
-
2008
(158)
- December(8)
- November(9)
- October(20)
- September(13)
-
August(13)
- OUR BIG GIRL!!!
- If you love a good giveaway...
- As if life weren't sweet enough....
- L ONGING TO MEETO UR LITTLE MANA SAP!!!Today we re...
- Matthew's Hidden Talent
- And the moment you have all been waiting for......
- I just wanted to pause a moment in the craziness t...
- Two more days to delurk, and enter to win :)
- Giveaway Countdown
- A sneak Peek...or Listen.
- I'm NOT above a bribe...
- too cute...
- So remember I asked you to pray for my friend Marg...
- July(17)
- June(9)
- May(16)
- April(7)
- March(8)
- February(21)
- January(17)
- 2007 (87)
- 2006 (4)
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(158)
-
▼
August
(13)
- OUR BIG GIRL!!!
- If you love a good giveaway...
- As if life weren't sweet enough....
- L ONGING TO MEETO UR LITTLE MANA SAP!!!Today we re...
- Matthew's Hidden Talent
- And the moment you have all been waiting for......
- I just wanted to pause a moment in the craziness t...
- Two more days to delurk, and enter to win :)
- Giveaway Countdown
- A sneak Peek...or Listen.
- I'm NOT above a bribe...
- too cute...
- So remember I asked you to pray for my friend Marg...
-
▼
August
(13)
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





11 heart smiles:
Amie,
What a super sweet post. Your sister sounds like an amazing woman and a wonderful mother. I never felt like I was missing out on having a sister when I was younger, but it sure would be nice to have one as an adult and as a mother.
By the way, I have a feeling your sister could write a similar post about YOU!! :-)
Patti is the best! : ) Great post Miss Amie!
gosh ... I need a sister like you or a mom like your sister :)
What a wonderful tribute to her! I've been thinking ALOT about sisters lately with us on the brink of having three here in this house. I always wanted a sister but God chose to give me a brother instead. I hope my girls write tributes like this to one another one day :)
So touching!! It is so nice that you are so close to your sister. I will be thinking of her as she makes the final approach (glowy hands and all) to the delivery of her baby...how exciting!!
Kate
Amie,
Oh my goodness. What an amazing person! She is the type of mom who makes us all feel like horrible mothers in comparison!!!! :)
So, being a cool mom must run in the family... :)
R
How precious! She sounds amazing and wonderful! What an inspiration, and how exciting about her new baby! Yay!
You are very blessed...sisters DO rock! ;)
What a great post Amie.....very sweet!
You are very fortunate to have such a wonderful sister!
Sending her best wishes as she approaches her due date!!
Lisa
Amie - I know she feels that way about you - it is so cool to see how mutual the love and adoration is between the two of you. Way to get it right!
Shelley
I 2nd that!
Amie,
That was an awesome post about your sister. I am sure she is also proud to be your sis too :)
Big hugs to you!!!
Sisters are the best friend one will ever have...
I sure love mine!
I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!