Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What up?

I am so sorry I have not been around lately. Around the new year I felt God was calling me to be more mindful of how I spent my time. I have tried to cut back on the Internet time, and fill those extra minutes spending time with the family, and especially time in the word. I have never been very good at buckling down and finding quiet time to spend with God. It doesn't come easy for me. I either have 1000 things running through my mind, or 100 little voices calling me in all different directions. So I have to really focus, and make this a priority and in order to do that, I needed to cut back on some other things, to make more opportunities to quiet myself and focus. I have to be honest, it has been so wonderful. I find the more I submerge myself in the word, the more I find him in the everyday ordinary happenings. But I am sorry that it has meant that I have not been present in some of your lives. I am still trying to find a way to balance everything. And I appreciate you hanging with me while I work through this. :)

Also, I am embarking on several God-ventures which have been consuming a bit of that time as well. I am super excited about all that is going on , and I can't wait to let you all in on what He has been up to in our lives.

In addition, I have been struggling with the decision to make this blog private or not. I really do not want to. I have loved the chance that it offers to fellowship with others. But I have had a few friends who have had some scares/incidents related to their blogs lately that have made it necessary for them to go private, and to be honest with you it has scared the bejeebers out of me. I am always concerned about what I put out there, and whether I am putting my family's safety at risk. I am a worrier that way. With all that has happened to my friends, It has scared me straight.

Every now and then, I just feel like clicking that button to make it private so that I won't ever have to worry again. But I really don't want to do that , and I don't feel like He is telling me there is any reason to right now. But it is always there in the back of my mind. But I realized, that if I just up and did that one day, I would have no way of knowing who would want to come along.

I was chatting with my dear friend T, and she reminded me I could use the followers list. Duh! But as I looked over that list, I realized there are several people on there who I never hear from. So I don't know if you are still out there, or clicked follow at one point, and then thought "This girl is wack. no thanks." And stopped coming around, but forgot to un-follow. Or if you are here, and are just quiet! :)I just have no way of knowing which it is.

So I am going to ask that you consider whether you might want to come along for the ride should I go private. If you would, feel free to keep following. But if you are someone who clicked follow and thought better of it after, you might want to "un-follow", because if you are still around, I may just assume for simplicity's sake that you would like to be invited. Unfortunately, I have decided to take down the followers gadget, so to unsubscribe, you will have to go to your dashboard, click follow blogs,and unsubscribe there. Sorry for the extra work! :)

Sorry this post is all business. I think this post is screaming for a cute pic... shall we?




I know this pic isn't the greatest pic. He wasn't feeling well that day. But it makes me smile anyways, because when I look at this, I am reminded to be thankful for the little things. Thankful that I am present in his life to know when he isn't feeling up to par. That I can swoop in and be the hero with a blanket and a sippy cup of juice. Thankful that I am able to stay home with him during the day, and snuggle up next to him on the couch and rub his little head, when he is feeling under the weather. I am just so thankful. And so blessed!

And I am thankful for you too, friends. Really. :)

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish