Friday, May 1, 2009
So I figured out what my problem is...
3:15 PM | Posted by
Amie

Well, one of them anyways. It would take a while to work on the rest. ;)
I have figured out why I have been so lax in sharing info about Samuel. I think because he is older, I feel like the information is not mine to share. Does that make any sense to anyone? Anyone adopting older kiddos feel the same way?
When my kiddos were little, I would stand around with other moms as our kids played at the park, we would not hesitate to share things about our kiddos. Sarah isn't sleeping well. Bobby has a temper. Rachael has been constipated for days, and she finally pooped (then we would all cheer.) For real. Told you I was a dork and I find joy in the little things. ;)
But as my kids get older, I am more guarded about sharing anything personal about them. I am kind of funny that way. Of course I wouldn't sit around and talk about their bowel movements, sheesh. But, I feel like so many things are theirs to share, should they wish.
And I think this is the root of why I can't seem to bring myself to share what little info I have on Sam. I feel like I am telling his secrets. I feel like he should be the one to let you know if he likes math, or what he wants to be when he grows up. You know what I'm sayin'?
So this is something I have been struggling with. Trying to respect a story that is his to tell, while wanting to share him with all of you who will pray for him, cheer him home, celebrate each acronym with us, and no doubt be a source of great support through this wait.
I decided I feel comfortable sharing a little bit about how God led us to him, which will in turn allow me to share a few things about this sweet little Big guy.
Long story short, I was catching up on reading some blogs( a very rare occurrence these days), and I was perusing my dashboard to peek at some posts for some of the blogs I follow. As I was scanning the list, trying to find out how far I needed to go back to catch up, there was this picture of this sweet boy on my dear friend Andrea's blog. And he caught my eye, right away. Something about him just spoke right to my heart. I didn't even know who he was. I can't remember if I even knew what the title of the post read. Whether there was any hint in the post about why his sweet little picture was up there. I just new I needed to click on that entry ASAP.
When I did, it took me to a post written by Andrea petitioning for this little big guy's family. And in that post, there was a link to the LWB blog. With my heart racing, I clumsily clicked over to the blog, to find a beautiful post describing his sweet little personality and it was accompanied by 3 adorable pics. I just started crying. Somehow through that little post, I just knew this might be our little big guy. And those sweet little dimples...don't even get me started. They ended the post with " Could he be your son?" ummm...a thousand times YES! In my heart, I just knew I could be looking into the face of our little big guy. And when I showed his picture to Jeff, he felt the same. again... tears.
For the next couple of days, there was alot of praying, and many e-mails exchanged with a few friends at LWB to try to track down information on the little Big guy, so that we could find his file on Monday Morning, as he was on the shared list. This was something we had yet to experience. The shared list. I didn't know what to expect. I had no clue that weekend, as I stared at his picture over and over again, throwing around names to see if it was "the one" whether or not his file was even still available. But somehow I just had this peace. Thank you Jesus for the Peace. Otherwise 5 extra pounds could have found their way to my behind from the stress eating that would have ensued. NO doubt.
So Monday morning we called our agency and asked if they could identify his file and see if he was locked in or not. As soon as she discovered that he was not locked in, we spent the whole day filling out the necessary paperwork for the agency, writing our LOI, scanning, faxing, sending and resending all the necessary documents needed before we could lock in his file. All the while hearing from our rep at Wacap that several people had asked to see his file that morning alone. And yet.... Peace.
5pm that day... The e-mail came through. The file was locked and our LOI was on its way to China!!!! Less than two weeks later, we received Pre-Approval from CCAA to be the parents of this sweet little big guy! An Xi now had his forever family. And we now had a new son!!! Praise Be to God!!
So our little Samuel An Xi waits for us in the Guandong province. The same province that his little brother Johnathan is from, though a different city. Our little big guy is being loved on by a foster family sponsored by Love without Boundaries. And it goes without saying that we are so grateful for the care that has been and will continue to be provided to him while we work as fast as humanly possible to get our big guy home! Samuel will turn 7 this July, and it is our hope that he will be home only a few short months after his birthday!!
While we wait the kiddos continue to pray for him, make him care packages, set aside toys they think he will like, clear out drawers and start to fill them with clothes they think will fit him, weighing in on what they think we should take to China to make him more comfortable, drawing thousands of pictures to send to him, debating about which sports they think he will like, voting on whether we should get him a superman or a batman toothbrush.. so basically, they are finding ways to keep busy. There is rarely a moment that goes by that they are not thinking of their brother and preparing for and anticipating his homecoming. As are we. CANNOT WAIT!!! :)
Fyi- There are so many little ones just like Sam that wait in China for their forever family who would be blessed immeasurably through being sponsored in Foster Care. Love Without Boundaries has a wonderful Foster Care program and they could always use more sponsors to make a difference in the lives of these kiddos, just like someone has done for our little big guy, Sam. If you head on over to LWB, you can donate through this site there. For Mothers Day, they are encouraging people to donate towards sponsorship as a way to honor their Mothers. If you choose to do that, they will send an adorable card to your mom letting them know that a donation has been made to LWB in their honor that will go towards making a difference in the life of a child. What a beautiful way to honor our Mothers this Mother's Day!
Thanks for wanting to know more about Samuel, and for loving him and our family enough to keep after me until I filled you in a bit more. You guys are the best, and we are blessed to call you friends! Love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





38 heart smiles:
Yay! Thanks for sharing the info! He will fit perfectly into your family! We'll keep praying for you that everything continues to be as smooth and timely as possible, and for you to travel this summer.
And isn't that Peace the best feeling ever?! It is the greatest gift in times that would otherwise be full-out, all-encompassing, overwhelming stress.
All the best,
Nicole A. in OH
... by the way, privacy for the kids, I totally get that! You can't be too safe, I think. And I bet he'll definitely have to try soccer, with those orange slices he's holding (the quintessential soccer snack, after all)!
All the best,
Nicole A. in OH
Love you. love sam. love you all!
A beautiful post about a wonderful little big boy. He is joining an amazing family. Can't wait to follow his journey to you.
Oh happy crying. Ugly crying but happy, laughing at the same time I'm crying...
I love hearing how God moves and works and orchestrates down to the tiniest detail.
I love that bowl of oranges he's holding, Amie. I love his dimples too.
I love how your other kiddos are loving him.
I love everything about this!
Praying for you!!!!!!!!!
So HAPPY for you and for Samuel!!!! God has such an amazing way of getting our attention! Thank you for following the call to bring your big/little man home!!!
He is so ADORABLE!!!
I look forward to following your journey SOON!
Blessings,
Diana
Thanks for the update on your little Big guy! I love how God is so faithful in giving you that "THIS IS OUR SON!" moments. So cool!
I can't wait to hear more about this next part of your family's story!!
Praying for you, Jeff, and ALL your kiddos!!!
I'm all teary here. He's so handsome! I'm so happy for you..and for Sam. Summer will be here before you know it. Hugs.
trina
What a sweet story, Amie!!! Thanks so much for sharing it!! I completely get the privacy part...it is, THEIR story, for sure!!
Have a great week-end!!! : )
Ahhhhhhh...
I can't wait to meet this new man of yours!
Thanks for speaking from your heart. Love you guys and your big growing family!
Sam, Jen & Max
Congratulations to your family! What a wonderful story about Sam. Being a protective mama is a good thing:) We are so excited for you guys and will be praying for you through this process that God will prepare hearts for amazing family days ahead!
Blessings, Gayly
(quilt-n-mama.blogspot.com
Congratulations to your family! What a wonderful story about Sam. Being a protective mama is a good thing:) We are so excited for you guys and will be praying for you through this process that God will prepare hearts for amazing family days ahead!
Blessings, Gayly
(quilt-n-mama.blogspot.com
So happy to see you back. I check everyday and everyday I say to myself...she'll be back!
Thanks for sharing about Sam. I am so thrilled for you, Jeff and the kids and, of course, for Sam.
I imagine this will be very different given Sam's age and I can understand that you are guarded.
I am praying for all of you and so looking forward to following your journey to finally see Sweet Samuel home where he belongs!
What a wonderful story, Amie!! Thanks so much for sharing it.
I just love you, girl!
Michelle
p.s. Sportin' "such things" today. :)
What a precious story he will have to tell, and what a wonderful mom letting him tell his own story :)
Terrye in FL
Thanks for sharing this Amie! And I am all about the privacy. I mean, I share just about everything to do with the Tongginator, but I surely wouldn't be doing that if people knew who she was. LOL.
Amie,
Love you! Love your heart! Love your big wonderful family!!!
This story made me cry all the way through. What a gift Samuel is... what a gift YOU are!
Love those dimples! Precious boy! Can't wait till you come home, Sam-Man.
xoxo
Rebecca
Wonderful post : ) He is such a handsome little big guy!!! I am so happy for you.
We are so sick in our house I am desperately trying to catch up with everyone.
I KNEW you were his Momma from the first email I got from you!! I will continue to keep Samuel in my prayers! He is just so cute, I can't wait until he is home with you.
Erika
Oh Amie! He is so precious. Thank you for sharing your story!! God Bless you and sweet Samuel!
Blessings,
Monica
Wow! I had no idea you were going back to China again. I missed that somewhere along the way. Congrats!
What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing.
AMIE AMIE AMIE!!!!!
LOVE THOSE LITTLE GUANDONG BOYS!
Still trying to figure out how I am going to get my hands on him in a couple of weeks ...I mean really..there HAS to be a way.
It is one of my favorite stories of all time.
LWB just has a way of sneakin' up and grabbin' you, doesn't it?
Kinda like AMY. LOL!
They have blessed us beyond words.
Your boy is beautiful....but ya know I always thought he was.;)
Andrea
Hi Amie,
I was the Shantou Foster Care Coordinator before Erika. I wanted to see a blog story on this little guy and gave the assignment to Erika. Thank goodness she took the assignment and did such a good job. I am so grateful that you saw it and wanted to be his mom. I have adopted 2 girls from China...one at 9 3/4 and one at nearly 9 years old. I am a great advocate for older child adoption...what a great blessing to us and to them. Best to you as you learn from him and as he learns to love you.
Suzanne Damstedt
Orphanage Assistance Director
Love Without Boundaries
Amie what a beautiful story, and you have a beautiful son!!!!
Congratulations
i cant wait to see you hug him
xxx
s
Oh Amie!!
Thank you for sharing this story! I am so happy for you guys!
Can't wait to see Samuel home with his new family. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Hugs, Jill
I do understand...I felt that way when we were going through our process with our last adoption.
(she was 11 at the time)
God has good things in store.
Blessings as you once more trust Him.
Holly
My heart is smiling. Thank you for sharing your heart with the nations.
Blessings from Costa rica,
Sarah Dawn
I completly understand Girl!!
He IS a Handsome little man!!! Congrats!
You are amazing! You have a beautiful family and this story totally made me tear up....a little...ok, I flat out balled. He's adorable and he'll be home soon! Maybe I will get the honor of meeting him this summer??!! I love you and I would totally clap at your poop stories....just sayin. xoxo
Shoot!! I know I spelled bawled wrong!!! Sheesh....
New blog name alert!!!
www.liveyounglaughhard.blogspot.com
Amie,
Such a beautiful story and so worth the wait. I too rarely if ever read blogs anymore (no time) but something pulled me her and I am so glad. You re an inspiration:)
Found you via Ni Hao Y'all (we go way back; & my pics in the Wild Olive witness page)...so glad I stopped by! Wonderful post!!
And, as my daughter is getting older (almost 4 1/2)...I feel more & more strongly about the privacy issue too...I feel like I am betraying her if I say things like, "Oh, she had a bad night last night..."etc.
Oh Amie this was a beautiful post and I totally understand what you are saying. You are his Mom and all you are doing is protecting him. I can't wait till he is home with all of you.
Love, Kristy
Amie, oh my, CONGRATULATIONS! It's been a while since I stopped by and I am so thrilled to read your wonderful news! Samuel is precious. What a beautiful addition to your family!
Prayers as you prepare to meet and bring your big little boy home,
Amy
Wow Amie!! I'm so inspired by your genuine love for each and everyone one of your children... especially Sam. It's so touching that although he is physically far away his spirit is already deep within your hearts!! What a loving home for him and a huge blessing for you all!!
We'll be praying for your family, especially Sam. I eagerly await your journey to him! Every time a child is united with his/her forever family it's a major celebration!
You make my heart smile!!!
June & Lilli
Hey friend,
I love your heart as your share about your precious son. I do know what you are feeling. I feel that same thing about Jubilee. And there are days I wonder if she will ever come home. It has been a complete year since we had PA. ugh...immigration was such a pain and then the fire...that didn't help either. She is 7-1/2 right now. We think we will travel by September or so??
Anyway, I miss you. I seem to not be able to catch my breath. Since this post is a month old, not many will be reading your comments, but wanted you to know that Autumn is having seizures now. This tumor is wreaking havoc....I want them to just go take it out, supposedly it is a viable option most of the time. And we have a wedding in one week - and have known for one week - LOL - well not alot of time to stress about that. I know - right?
Anyway, praying for your Samuel...Much love, Me