Thursday, December 11, 2008

If I bribe you with cuteness....

Will you forget and forgive me for how negligent I have been towards you? Pretty please.
Can I just say I have been super duper busy. In a good way. Lots of really cool things happening round these parts... And I could not be more thankful!

And now... on to the bribe.

Here are some pics of when we met J-man for the first time. I thought posting some pics of myself looking goofy with giddiness(is that a word?), might make you forget that you are mad at me for waiting so long to fill you in.



A very goofy mommy dying to get her hands on her little man.



Just plain GOOFY! And So Happy!


Thought a pic of all the kiddos in our big ol' van we call BIG MAMA, might make you smile. It does me. :)(David and Katie are so far back you can't even see them. Now that's funny stuff!)


J-man and mommy hanging out the first night.
I might have personal space issues when it comes to this sweet little man!


Just cute. Seriously, Seriously cute.


You talkin to me?


YOU .TALKIN'. TO ME?


I didn't think so!


Stripey Boy, his ball, and his sweet little smile.

I don't know. Just thought it was cute. His night night face.


J-man in his eating chair. He LOVES his eating chair.

And he loves his Big sisters even more!
Johnathan is doing AMAZING! He has transitioned seamlessly into our BIG CRAZY family! He has bonded well with everyone and he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his peeps! I am not trying to brag, ummm ...I TOTALLY am, but 2 nights ago for the first time he let me rock him in the rocking chair before bed. I would sing to him and he would snuggle in while he sucked his thumb and he would look up at me every minute, as if to make sure I was still there. It was the SWEETEST thing. He does.not. stop smiling. He giggles ALL the time. And he is just the most easy going little guy. He thinks his peeps are very funny. And he loves that we think he is funny. He will sit and entertain us during dinner, pulling out all of his tricks and smiling BIG, while looking around in amazement at all of his friends who think he is just the coolest! Which he is. We are just SO IN LOVE. And I think I can honestly say, he is too. :)
Am I forgiven? Did I mention I love you. To pieces? Tis the season?(I don't know. Felt right).
I will post a We're Home post to his My Adoption Website very soon. Well, not very soon. I don't want to mislead you. At some point, in the future. Sometime, I'm sure. Once the Holiday season craziness settles down. Hopefully this year. Definitely before he turns 2. That I can commit to. I think.
Love you guys!
:)

38 heart smiles:

Dita said...

How can YOU possibly be more loveable? Who could ever stay mad at that face? AND, considering you have the most adorable little man adding to the schmooz factor who just melts a person's heart just looking at him...well, I guess you're golden, Girl.

So good to see you back. By the way, we call our "mom" vehicle Big Mama too! (I often wonder if hubby and the kids named it that because that's what they think when I'm walking out with a snack in hand...but I can't go there)

Love, love, love the photos of your newest little rockstar! Enjoy every minute of him.

Nicole A. said...

He is one cutey-boy, that's for sure! So glad you are all settling in so well. I can only imagine how amazing it was for you to finally meet him. Thanks so much for letting me follow your Journey to Jonathan! It feels like our "Journey" is so far off, but it is awesome to get to follow along vicariously with others. Good luck to you all and happy holidays!

All the best,
Nicole A. in Ohio

Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures...now that I'm all teary-eyed!! I LOVE the pictures!

I can't stop laughing about your van picture...you know you have a big car when you can decorate the inside...that's a lot of carseats...LOL...I am sooooo JEALOUS!!!! Seriously...I want a car full of carseat!!! I'm workin' on it...just need to get hubby workin' on it, too..LOL! I told him we have a son waiting in China for us and I already have a name for him {GRIN}. Prayerfully we can start the process this summer!

Mom Of Many said...

I have been wondering where you have been...I am here in Africa and it has been such a wild adventure - BUT GOD!! Even my hubby has been doing some posting for me - and he is getting addicted - LOL!

So glad to hear you are all okay and your pics of your baby - go ahead and brag - he is so stinkin' adorable!

With love from Uganda,
Linn

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

I love you girl but you know that!!! I have tears in my eyes from this post!!! Isn't it amazing how God chooses the perfect child for our family.
Happy to see you post and I love all the pictures of that sweet beautiful baby boy!!!!! {{{{hug}}}}

Doug and Terrye said...

Ok, so I was a bit sad that we couldn't live vicariously through your blog...but now I'm a happy camper!!! Love the pics., and love the enthusiastic Mom :)

Terrye in FL

Keisha said...

FORGIVEN!!!!
I love those giddy pics of you Mom!!!!!!
And did you gus decorate Inside "Big Momma"?! LOL! Fun-E!
What sweet moments.. I can see you cuddling that little sweetie!!
Have a Great Weekend!!
Keisha

K and/or K said...

A birbe? This is a treat! He is adorable and funny and just plain too cute for any more words! Thanks for sharing.

The Princess's Mommy said...

OK, I guess we can forgive you....just look at that sweet little smile! Just makes my heart sing to know he is doing so well! Thanks for update even if it did take For-Eh-ver!!

Melly Kiss-mas!
Monica

Stefanie said...

How cute are the TWO of you?? I love that big ol' open mouth grin on your face when you first held him... such a happy mama face!!!
And that big van? Can I say, I am NOT jealous? At least not of driving that big dog. I'd be getting some serious traffic citations. And eventually I am sure I couldn't afford the insurance for my poor driving. Take it out much or just for joy riding?
But I would love to have all that room to BREATHE. Our little Odyssey is packed OUT.
Thank you for the J-man update. LOVED reading it. And seeing new pics of him. Is it just me or is his face already chubbier?
D'ya get that email I sent you? Can you believe it was just a year ago, God was tugging on your heart to go back for a boy? Now LOOK at him!! GO GOD!!!
Love ya, girl :)
Tomorrow? 4:00?? I AM... THERE :)

Heather said...

Oh my goodness - he is ADORABLE. Now, Amie, you would have been hard pressed to get that family lookin' any cuter, but I'll be, you went and made it happen!

So happy you all have been happy and busy and all in love - that is how it should be (with a little tethering to the computer every now and again;)

Have a blessed weekend,
Heather

3 Peanuts said...

Okay---you are forgiven because that was some serious cuteness:0

Special K said...

He does seem to be a perfect fit into your family. Glad to see he's finally home where he belongs. Congrats!

Giving Love Encounters said...

Love all the pics. Especially the one of him in the glasses....."You talkin to me?"
Too funny!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Hello Dear! I was expecting it to take a while so you could be with your little man and bond-good for you! He is WAY more important than us! LOL I am still eating ding dongs, did a post about it :) Thanks to your SIL! Little J is such a BEAUTIFUL, ADORABLE blessing! The most beautiful gift this season!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

what cute pictures ... i want a mama van !!! but why can't it be BIG VAN LIL MAMA ... hee hee

Becky said...

THANK YOU for the update!!! It's good to see you and J-man together at last!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Well, if the cute pics didn't tip the scales in favor of "forgiving you" then that last paragraph of raving about your boy sure did. Made me cry!

Glad to know you are all so in love and having so much fun.

You are forgiven. Move on about your day. :)

Sherri said...

He is precious! You can send him to Alabama if you ever want a few days alone (alone?! ha!).....I promise I will spoil him rotten!

Sherri

RamblingMother said...

totally forgiven. he is adorable. love the mommy van

Andrea said...

Ok...Your forgiven!
Our econoline has a the tag BUSOLUV.
I think BIGMAMA would fit on yours. ;)

xoxo,
A

mommy24treasures said...

cute cute cute. Come on though you can't be too busy to throw us a bone now and then!

Anna said...

forgiven forgiven forgiven! i ONLT check your blog every day! wOnDeRfUl!!! it gave me chills to see him so happy and read about how well he's doing! praise God!!! you're family is so precious! thank you for sharing!!!

FHL said...

Nope, I don't think he could get any cuter! The child is made of 100% pure cuteness!!!

Your joy oozing through each typed word just made me smile :o)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your beautiful family!

Sending Smiles,
M~

Flamingo said...

thank you thank you for the update! he's just gorgeous!!!

Kim said...

Love the pictures of the two of you! Actually love all the pictures. What a cutie!

Glad to hear adjustment is going well.

Lisa said...

All is forgiven. As long as you will forgive ME for not posting a comment every time I have checked in on the blog, Miss Amie. Glad all is well with your adorable new little guy....

Tina said...

SO precious!! I'm glad he is adjusting well and things are going good. Did I mention he is SO precious?! Love the pictures!!
Tina

Jennifer said...

Awww! He is soooo stinkin' cute!!! You have the most beautiful very BIG family I've ever seen!! Thanks for sharing the pics! Can't wait to see more!

Michelle R Photography said...

Hi Amie,
I have missed you! But things are crazy here with my two, so I am multiplying that a few times for you and guess what? You are off the hook, my friend. I am so happy to see all of Johnathan's smiles and to hear that he is just doing so amazingly well.

I have a little something for you. Watch for an email from me, please. I know I need to tell you, Miss-I-Have-3-Email-addresses. :)

Love,
Michelle

Kristin said...

Very sweet post----love the pics!! J-Man (aka Johnathan) is adorable. So glad to see he is settling in with the family so well.

I am sure you will have a wonderful Christmas this year with him!! Enjoy!

Beth E. said...

Amie,
As long as we're confessing here..I've been a lurker on your blog for awhile. I haven't commented but maybe once before. I'm making amends now, though, and want to tell you how blessed I am by you and your precious family! So glad to see the newest addition. What a sweet boy! Loving the pics. What a great personality little J-man has!

Blessings...

a Tonggu Momma said...

Glad to hear that J-Man is settling in so nicely. Very happy for y'all.

C's Mom said...

So glad to hear all is well.

Love the photos of your newest addition to your beautiful crew.

That is one serious van there...whew!

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh, my. I just had to mop my face with some kleenex after reading this post. I love, love, love the pictures of Mommy meeting J-Man. And hearing about lil' Smiley Boy entertaining his peeps at dinner... and Mama rocking him & snuggling. Oh, my. That is THE LIFE, girl. God's best blessings, and you are LIVING IT! I am so unbelievably happy that little Johnathon is home and that he has settled in so well. All I can say is: it was definitely MEANT TO BE. That little muffin was destined to be part of that big crazy family of yours. My heart is TRULY. HAPPY!!!!

I love the pix of J-Man in the sunglasses - could he GET any CUTER OR SWEETER??!!!!!!

Love you always!

Jen said...

Thank you so much for this post! I have been dying to take a peek at these precious moments! Love you. Love your family! Your BIG ROCKIN' Family!

Patricia said...

love you J man...needed a fix...these picts are great. you are too stinkin' cute, my man!
-Aunt Pj

Kristy said...

Oh Amie I love these pictures, they all make not only my lips smile but my heart also.
Love, Kristy

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish