Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Preschool Slang 101?
1:18 PM | Posted by
Amie
So Allie, Grace, and Hannah or the Terrific Triplets as we lovingly refer to them.. were doing some cleaning up after a TT tornado had swept through the family room causing what seemed to be every toy, puzzle piece and book stored in the cabinets, to be strewn about the room... and I was cleaning out our office, when Allie comes in sad as sad can be, declaring..
A: MOM, We have a situation. (kid you not)
M: OH no.. what is that Allie-o.
A: (as serious as one can be) When I was cleaning up, and I asked Hannah really nicely for her to clean up and stop playing, she yelled at me and called me a.... A pigeon. ( and the tears flowed)
M: (Doing everything in my power not to bust out laughing) I am very sorry that you got your feelings hurt. But honey, are you sure that is what she said, or that she was trying to hurt your feelings, cause I don't even know what that is, or what she means by that.
A: (indignantly) I DO. I know what it is. It's a type of Bird. And I AM NOT A BIRD!
To which she storms out, finds Hannah and and proclaims...
" I AM NOT A BIRD, HANNAH!"
I mean, come on. That is funny stuff right there.
So I am wondering, is Pigeon preschool slang for some insult, or can we chalk it up to error in translation? Or Possibly just a very clever way to work around our house rule of no unkind words allowed? hmmmm....
A: MOM, We have a situation. (kid you not)
M: OH no.. what is that Allie-o.
A: (as serious as one can be) When I was cleaning up, and I asked Hannah really nicely for her to clean up and stop playing, she yelled at me and called me a.... A pigeon. ( and the tears flowed)
M: (Doing everything in my power not to bust out laughing) I am very sorry that you got your feelings hurt. But honey, are you sure that is what she said, or that she was trying to hurt your feelings, cause I don't even know what that is, or what she means by that.
A: (indignantly) I DO. I know what it is. It's a type of Bird. And I AM NOT A BIRD!
To which she storms out, finds Hannah and and proclaims...
" I AM NOT A BIRD, HANNAH!"
I mean, come on. That is funny stuff right there.
So I am wondering, is Pigeon preschool slang for some insult, or can we chalk it up to error in translation? Or Possibly just a very clever way to work around our house rule of no unkind words allowed? hmmmm....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





22 heart smiles:
Thanks for stopping by our blog... I was just thinking about you and so sorry that I haven't been by in so long. Then I missed a lot of your China journey... things were so busy the last few months... At any rate I have been thinking about you and so glad you stopped by!!!!
Thank you for the comment. I heard about the Mother Letter Project on Bring the Rain and was excited to participate.
I love this post! It reminds me of the time my sister (who was about 18 at the time) auditioned for a theme park as a face character, meaning her actual face would be showing - not inside a costume. She called us all upset because they turned her down because her "eyes were too walnut shaped". Trying not to laugh, I asked if they had said "almond shaped". She replied, "almond, walnut, whatever. I don't even know what that means!" I then explained to her that since we are 1/4 Japanese, our eyes are almond shaped and that gives clues away to our heritage and that the character she was auditioning for was caucasian. I still get a chuckle out of that one from time to time!
Your children are all so beautiful. I love their walnut & almond eyes!
I love the Preschool slang. Isn't it amazing what kids think at a young age hurts there feelings. Your story was so adorable.
Praying for Baby Stellan. He is so adorbale. He is being such a fighter.
Lisa from Ohio
That is good stuff! You make me laugh. Thanks for the nice thoughts, they worked!! We got the call today.
Tina
Okay, this made me laugh. My girls do the same thing. All. The. Time. It's amazing what the other can do or say to start the waterworks.
Calgon, take me away!
That cracks me up!! LM is playing blocks with her daddy and just told him not to pee in his pants! She kills me!!!
Praying for baby Stellan.
Happy 2009!
Love,
Monica
AWESOME! If that's as bad as it gets, you're doin' good sister :)
A pigeon?!!?!! Well... at least she's not a pterodactyl, like my youngest niece. LOL.
that is just tooo cute!!!
A pigeon? I can think of worse. Perhaps someday you'll find out what she really meant! I love it when kids mess up words and syllables. But my favorite part was "we have a situation..."
Thanks for visiting my "not me's"!
LOL well I'm not sure...I will have to check with Livi and get back to you.
I miss hearing from you : )
I am thinking she was saying, "just a minute and I'll 'pitch in'", don't you think??
AHHH I love the kid stories Amie! What a great way to start my day... LMAO off that it is not just my house that things like that happen!!! Sending you love and hugs, Shelley
FOTFL!!!!
That is hilarious.
I think it is slang for, "be with you in a sec" .....that seems much more like the TT to me...
i love that ... if you find out what the codeword is for please don't forget to share !!! lol
Grace-A-Thon - check
Prayers for Stellan - check
Pigeon - Hahahah, best laugh I have had all day - check:)
Got to love preschool slang - they are creative aren't they?
Have a blessed New Year -
Heather
Too, too funny!! I'll let you know if Mia brings home any Pigeon references home from preschool. :)
Happy New Year, Amie!!
so cute! thanks for stopping by my blog too! i would love to know how in the world you keep it all together with all your kidos. my 2 keep me so busy. my boys "preschool slang" is right along the lines of yours. My 3 year old came into my room sobbing the other day and I asked him what was wrong, he paused and took a deep breath through the tears to say "jackson talked to me!(my 4 year old)
Well what did he say I asked. "he talked to me" he sobbed. That was it. It must have been terrible by the reaction but that was all he kept saying. boys.
Hope you have a great new year!
That is too cute!!! Same type things my little sister does!
That's so funny! The things that are important to young children...I love her verbage!
Stopping by to wish you a Happy New year!!!!!! {{{{hug}}}}
oh that is funny, I love it.