Tuesday, November 18, 2008

NO HANDS BUT OURS

This Bloggy world has afforded me the opportunity to meet so many other people who share my passion for ALL THINGS ADOPTION. I have made so many friends who inspire me to find a way to make a difference for these children who are still left behind. Who challenge me to go beyond what I ever imagined I could do for the cause. They encourage me to be a more vocal advocate for a cause I feel so deeply passionate about. And I thank God for placing them in my life! I am so blessed for knowing them.

Shelby started it off with The ELISON PROJECT. She is just an adoptive mom who decided she was going to do her part to help as many children home as possible. She started the Elison Project on her own, to place grants on WC as well as to families who could use a little help with their Adoption funds. We are one of the blessed recipients of one of her Grants. So was Stefanie's(Ni Hao Y'all) sister Andrea. She basically pulled cash out of her own bank account as well as cash contributed by a few of Elison Project directors, to finance these Grants. Just an example of how one can make a difference if you just decide to do it. Shelby did just that. She just decided she was going to do it, and she never looked back. When I think of how many children and families were helped by her generosity, It just makes me so happy. And Proud. And inspired. I love when that happens.

One of my other good friends has found a way to make a difference for the children who still wait, and for their potential families. Stefanie has had a dream for a while to start a site to educate anyone interested in SN adoption from China. She has finally brought that dream to fruition, with NO HANDS BUT OURS. And she is allowing Rebecca , Tonggu Momma , and me to come along and contribute to her labor of love(thanks TM).



No Hands But Ours





NO HANDS BUT OURS was designed to be a resource for ALL things SN adoption. You will find information about specific special needs, links and resources, family stories, agencies, as well as information about current children who wait. A place where anyone who is considering the WC program or at any stage of the process can find answers as well as encouragement to help them along on their journey. I would have loved to have had a resource like this when we began the process to Adopt Hannah back in 06. It makes me smile to think of all the families who will be blessed by this. As well as all the children who will find homes because this site helped to educate as well as take some of the mystery out of certain SN thereby possibly opening people up to more than they knew they would ever consider.
I am a proud mom to 3 children from China, so far! :) Two of whom were considered SN. My oldest son David was born with a heart defect. I often think if he were born in China (I know, stay with me), he would have been TAGGED. Overlooked. He might have been left behind because he was considered imperfect. His orphanage might not have had the funds to get him the help he needed, as so often is the case. The thought sickens me. Thankfully that was not the case for him.


But for so many little ones who are considered SN, that unfortunately IS their reality. I praise God everyday, that that was not the fate for Grace, Hannah and Johnathan. For whatever reason, God allowed us to be the ones to care for these beautiful souls. I am so thankful that because of David's heart condition, we were not afraid of the idea of a SN but rather had a special place in our hearts for these little ones who had the potential to get over looked. The idea of life without each and every one of them is unthinkable. China was most definitely right about one thing. They are indeed SPECIAL!



I could NOT be more proud of Stefanie for making this a reality, or more thankful to be able to be a part of NO HAND BUT OURS! and to be contributing alongside these AMAZING women who share a passion for ALL children who wait. I pray it will be a blessing to others beyond anything any of us could have ever imagined. I pray that it will increase exponentially the number of children who will be coming home to their forever families!


Please, spread the word so that others can know about this awesome resource. And go check it out for yourself. If you are in the process of waiting for or searching for your WC, or if you are in the "regular program" and have considered switching to SN, I am certain you will find something that will be helpful. Even if you have never even entertained the thought, stop by. You just NEVER know. :)


Thanks Stef , for all you do for these children, and for these waiting families. I just LOVE you girl, and am so thankful for the opportunity to take part in this. You inspire. I AM, inspired.
:)

p.s. Don't forget to vote for OWEN. Click on the vote icon on the top left of the page(only if you like the blog peeps..No pressure) . And please spread the word!! If you have no clue what this is about check out this post for more info. GO TEAM OWEN!!

7 heart smiles:

Stefanie said...

It's gonna be good, girl. Can't wait to see what God does with this!!
Thanks for inspiring ME, garsh, I wish we lived closer!
And P.S. I got that at the end ;)
Love you, my friend!

Mom Of Many said...

Thank you ALL for your part in making it a reality! I browsed around it yesterday - awesome site! Praying that God uses this amazing tool to empty the orphanages...Our Isaiah has Arthrogryposis, so I'm thinking of sharing our story...and Jubilee has multiple SN's...but their only REAL special need was/is for a mommy and daddy and lots of brothers and sisters! How blessed we are...Yippee Jesus!

agirlandhergun said...

You guys are amazing!! I love to see people have the courage to get out there and do something. You are all very inspiring and filling a great need in the community!! So glad I have be blessed to get to know you all!!! Shelby

Andrea said...

VERY COOL.
Praying this will take some of the "Scary" out of the SN programs for PAP's all over the place.
I was talking to a friend about the NSN going to a 3-4 years to referral.
I hope that thousands of Special Needs Children are brought home, as a result. I am sad for those who have such a long NSN wait( i know that it is brutal), but I am excited about the possibilites for the children who wait.

xoxo,
A

a Tonggu Momma said...

I feel blessed to work with y'all. I truly do. And I wish we could someday meet in real life.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Now I am inspired.

I have wanted to start a grant organization to help families adopt.

Dita said...

You are all so inspiring and this is one more example of dreams becoming reality when you surround yourself with people who join together and are passionate about the same thing.

The site is incredible and I am drawn back to it again and again since I first saw it the other day.

Congratulations to all you SUPERWOMEN!!! You should all wear an "S" on your chest! Amazing...so well done!

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish