Monday, November 24, 2008

A Post For Grandma and Grandpa

Top 10 reasons why a glass door on the front of an 80's entertainment center in a bedroom is DUMB!

10) It is a magnet for fingerprints made by your adorable grandchildren.

9) It is time-consuming to clean.

8) It is not FUNG Shei. I looked it up for you. Trust me.

7) It could create a glare in the sun that might wake you up in the morning before you are ready to get up...ANNOYING AND ALSO DUMB!

6) It could provide an unwanted reflection in an awkward situation. I'm just sayin'.

5) It could be hazardous to wayward birds looking to catch a 'lil late night cable.

4) It could cause a cat to see its reflection and get into a fight with itself...if you had a cat.

3) LESS is MORE!

2) It may emit invisible toxins that could build-up and eventually become dangerous...or even lethal. Again, don't look this one up...trust us!

1) It prevents golf lovers from being able to keep golf clubs near them if they have adorable grandchildren who might pick up said clubs and swing them into the glass in an effort to be like their Super Cool Grandpa Tom...shattering the door into thousands of tiny pieces all over the room!

WELCOME HOME GRANDMA AND GRANDPA!

WE ALL LOVE YOU... Especially your adorable Grandchildren!

:)

P.S. Won't you join us in a new "Welcome Home from Vacation" tradition in which we wear our shoes in our bedroom near the TV for at least 5 vacuumings. :)

17 heart smiles:

Mom Of Many said...

You are so funny!! Thank you for a little morning laugh! Yes, I can see it now...

How blessed that your little J-man is home for his first Thanksgiving!! Oh Yippee Jesus!!

Love you!

Candy said...

Ewww - golf clubs, glass, and children... a bad combination! It's always funnier when it happens to someone else. Happy vacuuming!

Beth E. said...

Oh, my! What a surprise for the grandparents! haha What a great post.

I'm enjoying your blog so much!

Blessings...

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh how I have missed you, Amie. Sorry about the cabinet, but thanks for the laughs!

How's little man doing? I need to head over to J-man's blog to see if you've updated it with more cuteness.

Hugs,
Michelle

Football and Fried Rice said...

LOL!!!!!

Stefanie said...

Oh. my. I'm guessin' it was you doing the cleanup. Bummer.
Thankfully ALL your kids are so stinkin' adorable... who could be made at faces like theirs? I know Grandma and Grandpa are probably already over it, right? :)

Doug and Terrye said...

Love the whole shoe tradition...but I like the don't step on broken glass tradition better :)

Terrye in FL

Doug and Terrye said...

Forgot to tell you, I love the new picture of Jonathan in the line up of children. He must have such an infectious laugh.

Terrye in FL

Amie said...

T-
I know NOTHING of broken glass... what is this you speak of. This is mearly a post about why glass on an entertainment center in a bedroom is TOTALLY NOT COOL!... what glass on the floor. I KNOW NOTHING! That's my story and I'm stickin to it...

And agreee..LOVE The new pic of him!!! LOVE THAT SMILE AND THAT GIGGLE! Miss R is going to add him to my header too... YEA!!!

:)
Amie

Jennifer said...

You crack me up.

At least you can joke about it right ;)

Jen

The Princess's Mommy said...

Too funny!!! Hope things are going well!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Monica

Nicole said...

GREAT POST!!!
:-)
-Nicole

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh my heavens... I REMEMBER those entertainment centers... hazardous is right!! Sounds like Grandma & Grandpa will be getting a new one. :)

FHL said...

LOL!!!! Good thing Grandchildren can do no wrong! :o)

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your beautiful family!

M :o)

Nicole said...

That is so FUNNY, well to me, it's always funnier when it is someone else!
Thanks for sharing that one!

Dita said...

you CRACK me up!!!!!! Argh the vaccuuming!!

Kristin said...

Love this post! Very creative!!! The golf club part really struck home. That would be us visting grandparents. No, don't touch that! Be careful! Don't hold the club so high.

And stuff like that....

But we, fortunately, have not broken anything----that I know about.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish