What was she thinking???

Seriously, Stef. What were you thinking? First off.. there is the matter of the "TAG FREE for X days counter." Which in and of itself should have been enough. It just should. But then, you throw in, oh I don't know... THIS!.. and it just leaves me scratchin' my head. Why girl? Why? Honestly... :) lol.
Because I love you... and because I know you give this in love, I will participate. I will once again humiliate myself and bore my friends with my mindless and brutally honest tid-bits about myself. ughhh... I am so sorry friends. I am just. so. sorry. You too, "TAG FREE FOR X DAY COUNTER". There goes the pizza party! ;)lol
In order to accept this Bloggy Award/Tag in disguise, you must do the following:
1)When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.
2)Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design.3)Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’.
4)List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.”
And now, I shall bore you to tears...
1. I am a tradition Junkie. I make a tradition out of anything and everything. I am a child of divorce, and because of that, we didn’t have many traditions. I don’t know how I just made that connection there, but I think when you are a child of divorce you take license with that to blame everything and anything on that fact. Because we lacked in the tradition department, I strive to ensure our kiddos childhood’s are rich in tradition. Some might say I over tradition. I think it is better to have over traditioned than to have never traditioned at all. That is how Alfred Lord Tennyson wrote it, right? (Might have googled the name so you would think I was smart)
2. I am an eternal optimist, almost to a fault. Case in Point. Sometimes, I get a little crazy and think I might like to start eating healthy, and workout. So when this happens, I usually treat myself to something I wouldn’t eat while partaking in the healthy lifestyle. Certain sugary delights.. or something fried perhaps. Cause you know, tomorrow is DAY 1. Sometimes, just sometimes, I might get halfway(if that) through Day 1 and decide that day is not really a good day to start DAY 1.. but rather, tomorrow is feeling a bit more DAY 1-ish. So that day then becomes the DAY BEFORE DAY 1. And, once again I plan and partake in “my last meal.” Because I am an optimist… there is always another DAY 1. See the problem here? While I do see it.. doesn’t bug me. I’m an optimist. I am just happy giving myself credit for recognizing there is a problem. :)
3. Some might call me vertically challenged. I am 5’1” on a tall day. I don’t really even know I am short. Might be that eternal optimism thing. I have always been smaller than everyone else, and it has never really bothered me. Though my mom, in recalling my 1st grade year and the hazing that I suffered at the hands of Billy Quinimin due to my“shrimpiness”, as he liked to call it, may beg to differ. The horrible first grade year aside, it is not something I really think about. Though as my 7th grader catches me in height, I have come to the realization that I am going to be one of those moms who looks up at her kids. And that makes me laugh.
4. I often laugh at inappropriate times. It is a BIG PROBLEM! Always had it. Always will. Funerals. (Thankfully no one has ever noticed. Oh I would just die. See laughing there. I said the word die in talking about funeral. Very inappropriate. ) Weddings. My sister has the same problem, which I am thankful for. Not that she has it.. I am sorry for that. But that someone understands. It is AWFUL. If we both need to go to a funeral, we have to sit away from each other. Cannot make eye contact. Or a laughing fit will ensue. And let me tell you. There is nothing funny about it. I think it is just my awkward response to an uncomfortable situation. I spent a good amount of my time in high school choir in the hallway.. because I would start laughing, and could not stop. Might have had to step out of a few concerts, because I laughed so hard, I MIGHT have almost peed my pants. And I was not a trouble maker, mind you. Just an obnoxiously inappropriately timed laugher. I am SOOO VERY SORRY Mrs. B. Did I mention I am a child of divorce?
5. I frequently misuse words. If I am feeling bold and I want to try out a new word I am unsure of, I will throw it in there speaking really softly or speeding up when I get to the word in hopes that no one notices in case I have misused the word. Unfortunately if no one notices, they don’t get a chance to call me out on it, and then I never learn whether I used the word appropriately or not. That means there is a good chance I could repeat the same ignorant mistake. And no, I never think to come home and look up the word in the dictionary. That would be perspicacious of me. Or would it?
6. I am horrible at SMALL TALK. If I go to a party(sha, right.) and there is a room of people that I don’t know, I freeze up. Because I just.cannot. small talk. I don’t care what the weather is, nor do I want to pretend like I do. You want to tell me about your family, how your passion for something turned into your career, traditions your grandma passed on to you, How you met your spouse and how you proposed, I am all over it. I could talk to you for hours about you. But start chiming in about the weather and you’ve lost me man. I can’t do it. Exception: You are a weather man and weather is your passion. Then and only then can I hang long enough to chat about the weather.
7. I have memory issues. I have a hard time remembering things that are told to me. So even if I found someone at a party who would like to tell me their life story, chances are 30 minutes later, I’ve lost it all. I am a visual learner, so if I can somehow connect what you tell me to a picture, it has a chance of sticking. I try to blame it on mommy brain, but truth is, I have had this issue my whole life and I come by it honestly. Hi MOM! It is mom, right?
8. I am a WORRIER! I try not to be, but I can’t help it. It is funny because I am fairly laid back and a go with the flow kind of gal, but when it comes to my kiddos, my family and people’s feelings. I am a worrier. Did they make friends the first day of school. Was their zipper down and they didn’t know it? Did the bus make it to school? Ugghhh… This is something I am praying about and working on. Umm… I am pretty sure there is some scriptural basis that alludes to the fact that I am not supposed to worry. Can you imagine if I spent my nervous energy diving into scripture and in prayer, what a difference that would make? Not to mention the lines on my forehead that could have been prevented? If you are young and there is still a chance for your forehead, learn from me friend.
9. That Follower gadget haunts me. Remember we had a talk about it here. I love that it allows people to connect with other people. I have met so MANY people I would have never come across otherwise. I have met people that I didn’t even know read my blog, and it gave me the opportunity to have a chance to peek in on them and get to know them a little bit. So personally, I love it for that reason. What I don’t like is how it is displayed up there for all to see, as though it is a badge of honor or something. A popularity contest, if you will. Because it is not. It should not be a way to “show off” how many friends you have. Yet, I see so many comments from people about the follower gadget and how they don’t want to put it up because they only have x followers and someone else has y followers. Or they feel the same way that I do about it, they don’t want anyone to get their feelings hurt. You see what I struggle with. The inner turmoil. Another thing to worry about. Check.
10. I think I might be a Jesus Freak. I have heard about them, might have even laughed at the name a few years back. Didn’t know what it meant then, and still don’t. Is it a secret club or something? I am behind in getting this out, so I don’t have time to google it. If it is someone who is head over heals crazy for our Savior, striving everyday to be more like HIM, but always falling short, then Jesus Freak I am, Sam. Sign me up and send me the bumper sticker. I will display it proudly. But I don’t want to be in the club. I am not really a “club” fan. As far as I have been taught, everyone has the invitation to be a Jesus Freak, you just have to accept the invitation. Confess your sin, accept him into your heart as your savior, and you are good to go- Intro to becoming a Jesus Freak 101. If you’re not in the “not -a -club "Jesus Freak" club.” , and you want to be, shoot me an e-mail, as I would love to help you get started on your journey. And I will TOTALLY send you a bumper Sticker! :)
Please tell me that was 10 things.. Are we good now? Umm… Thanks Stef for the award/" TAG Free Counter for X days killer." Can we say I owe you one? :)
And now the part I don't like. If you have been around long enough, you might know I don't like choosing people for these things. AT ALL. I might have been made fun of last time for my random nomination method, but that's okay. I kept on keeping on. I was going to pass on passing this on, but I decided I am going to shoot you in the direction of blogs that have a cool story to share, so that you can be blessed. So If I didn't pick you, doesn't mean I don't love you. Cause I do.
1) MckMamma at My Charming Kids This gal rarely accepts a bloggy award/TAG IN DISGUISE... and she has been a little busy with her MckMiracle, and all!!!! But I am just going to send you on over there anyways, for some MckMuffin cuteness!!!!!!
2) Angie at Bring the Rain- Again, she has about 10,000 people following her, and no time in between caring for her little cuties and ministering to her thousand of followers, nor does she even know who I am , but I wanted to put her in case you haven't "met" her yet. I hope you take the time to head on over and read her story. Talk about laying it all out there... and blessing everyone for doing so!
3) Rebecca at China Baby! I am cheating, because I know she has already been chosen by Stef. She is doing a blog makeover giveaway. You can head on over to her blog and nominate someone for a blogover. Also, did I mention that she is doing a fundraiser to bring her son OWEN home? I can't even name all the things she is raffleing away. You need to see it for yourself. Head on over To China for Owen and get in on the fun. What could be more fun than helping to get a little man home to his family. Nothing. Get prepared for some SERIOUS cuteness!
4) Linn at A Place Called Simplicity. She has one cool story to share and I don't want you to miss out. Check out the picture in her header. Is that one big beautiful family, or what?
5) Sara at Football and Fried Rice. She got some good news last week, and I am still celebrating!
6) Tonya at Safe in His Arms. In case anyone missed out on hearing about Brent's story during our giveaway!
7) Gwen at Oatsvall Team. She always has an inspiring story to share.
If you don't frequent these blogs, I hope you head on over there to learn a little more about them and their stories. You won't be sorry!
Lots of Love~
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait





20 heart smiles:
How I love you!
Love that you're an optimist... unfailingly.
Love that you have to google stuff.
Love that you tagged the two biggest blogs in the blogosphere. And knowing you, I bet they'll answer!
Love that you 'overtradition' your kids' lives, cuz you love 'em.
Love that you broke your tag free jag for me :)
Hey there Miss Amie,
Thank you for the tag...I think they are fun to read the things about people cause even though they are just random facts they are the "real deal" of what makes a person tick....and BTW I love that you also don't do chit-chat (or as you call it small talk). I am so not a chit-chat person...I am a "give me the real meat of who you are" cause life is too short to talk about the weather or other little picky-oonie things that tomorrow won't matter diddle...
I will get on my post about it soon - I am speaking at a conference tomorrow...so by next week...Thank you again! Love, Linn =) Praying that that little guy of yours and his baba...
ummm...apparently I did it again. a deletion of comments. At least I am consistent. Sometimes they come into my e-mail..sometimes not. So I will go and see what I can find. And if I don't recover your commetn, once again..my apologies.
:)
Amie
You are so entertaining Amie!! I really giggled out loud about the laughing at a funeral thing! But more so when you used "die" and then pointed it out!!! I've checked out most of the blogs on your list, but I will check out the ones that I haven't!!
Jennifer
Amie, you are a doll. I absolutely hate doing tags but I LOVE it when you do!! Because you are so much fun to read about!!!!! We simply. MUST. meet in person sometime. Although I'm afraid we would have to get right into the good stuff... no talkin' about the weather here, either. :)
I guess since 2 of my favoritest Bloggy Queens tagged me, I will have to do this thing. Soon. Soon. :)
xoxo
Rebecca
P.S. No news today. I thought about crying at 7pm when I realized we definitely didn't get LOA today, but then thought better of it. I have so much to be thankful for, so I sucked it up. :) And my good friend Deb got her TA today, how can a girl be sad???
Picture this... I go visit Johnathan's site, I get a big ol' smile on my face. I come visit you, another big smile. Your J-Man is so smiley and he doesn't even know he has one hilarious mama. Just wait until he meets you!! If he starts crying, you'd better start guessing it's because he's got a cheek ache. ;-)
I am right there with you on #2 and #7. And I even had to go back and check on the numbers, because my #7 is just THAT bad!
T-8 days, but who's counting?
Love,
Michelle
Fluff, I remember why we have been friends for so long. Okay, that didn't come out the right way because there are so many things I love about you that would make me want to continue to be friends with you for so long. What I am trying to say is hello, I forget how alike we are!!!!! You are just a better me!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!
Hysterical Amie! I'm right there with you on #5. And I am now going to go take my followers off my blog. LOL!!! Ang
Oh, Amy, Your second on the list had me ROLLING! That is SO ME! And THAT, my friend, is why I WEIGH one hundred and bleep-bleep pounds. =-D
You ALWAYS CRACK ME UP!! Thanks for the "award." UMMM.. I THINK. LOL!!
Now, to just post MY "award"...
LOVE YOU, Sister!
(Oh yeah, as we've already discussed.. I'm a WORRIER too!) In addition to worry lines on my forehead, I also have a HUGE, "Did You HEAR me?" dent in-between my eyes! O:-) I'm wondering if anyone else has that???
Girl you make me laugh every time! And the #5 thing, I have often thought about taking it off or moving it to the bottom where it is not so "out there"! xo Keli
oh I know what you mean about the follow thing... I have a follow blog clicker thingy but don't show the followers.
I enjoyed the entire post and learning more about you.
Amie perfectly perfect,
i loved reading this post!!!!
xxx
s
Aime,
I have been a lurker:-) I am in the Heartsfull group with you too. I had the pleasure of meeting your husband, MIL and precious son this morning. He is adorable!!! (just thought you'd want to know:-)
Amie it is always such a delight to come here! You are so honestly hysterical! I have a really bad habit of laughing at the most inappropriate things. It's much worse when I'm nervous which of course always makes a sticky situation even stickier! I love your BLOG and have added it to my daily reading list!
Happy Hugs,
June and Lilli
Amie...I think you might be my sista from anotha motha. I'm feeling you on all your very honest revelations and giving you the big dit-TOE. Great post, girl.
I love this post...you happied up my night. Was feeling sad...I have chosen to not attend my high school reunion because, quite frankly, I cannot for the life of me figure out who I was friends with. (I'd share it with you, but I would not want to bore you:)But the follower thingy and that whole discussion reminds me of that age old popularity drama...nuff said!
I love that you are a worrier - I am as well. I LOVE that you are an optimist, everyone should be able to see that glass half full.
Jesus Freak, with ya' sister.
You bring such joy here in the blogosphere:) Been praying for your hubby and your sweet little man!
Heather
Thanks for more random thoughts about you. You always make me smile.
Jen
OMG...I have been reading and reading your blog (catching up since I'm a newbie) and I just can't stop laughing! Thanks so much for sharing with such humor!
Love your "brutal" honesty. You really are such a joy! I think I have said that to you before. But, hey, positive things bear repeating. You are a JOY. An optimist. Funny. Loving. all of those things. You got it girl! And send me a bumper sticker :-)
Oh my we have alot in common:
My daughter always calls me Pollyanna and says that I am annoyingly optimistic!
I am just 5 feet tall...you are taller;)
I am a total Jesus Freak!
And I LOVE tradition!
And having two three year olds has ruined my memory for life! THIS is why I blog!