Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oh Snap...Here we go again.

So I was seriously thinking the other day, "Self, it has been a decent amount of time since you have been tagged." I had a moment of pure Joy at this realization.

Later that day as I drove by a construction site, I noticed a sign that said, "Injury free for 65 Days" (It will make sense, stick with me). First off...WOW. Made me a little sad that injuries happen so often that they need to keep track and boast publicly about their injury-free record. And then I wondered if this was an incentive program and if you made it to 100 days, did you get a pizza party? Then I thought , what happens if someone gets hurt on Day 99. Do his/her buddies stand around and chastise that person .."DUDE! Whyyyyyyyy? You couldn't keep it together for just one.more.day? DUUUUUUUDE!" Do they then hold a grudge? Does that person feel like they let the team down and get sad? Wait..where was I?

Oh yeah, so after seeing this sign, I actually considered counting up the days I have been TAG- FREE. Just for myself. I like to find joy in the little things. ;) There was a plan for charts, maybe a graph. And pretty clip art. It was going to be so much fun.

Then I logged on, and found that I had been tagged by my new friend, Lisa. So sadly, my ficticious "I have been TAG-FREE for 'X' days" counter must reset. But, the good news is, I like her too much to hold a grudge. I met Lisa through another good friend and am getting to know her through her blog, and she is one cool chick. The girl can make me laugh, which I always appreciate. And one thing I have learned is that she has a heart of Gold. So after a moment of silence for the TAG-FREE counter that never had a chance to be... I will gladly participate in her TAG. Cause girl, I love you THAT much.

My unexpected enthusiasm might have to do with the fact that I had already participated in this same TAG before, and I plan to re-post my answers. I am sure I might be breaking some sort of bloggy cardinal rule, but, here is the thing... I am actually okay with that. I live on the edge. (pffffttttt.... yeah right) Listen, I'm just trying to get by, peeps.

So here you go...

7 TOTALLY RANDOM(and why would anyone want to know these) REGURGITATED FACTS about me: (and my apologies to those of you who have been around for a while and are having to suffer through this for a second time. ;)

1. I am afraid of public speaking. It might have something to do with the fact that in 4th grade, I might have mortified myself during a speech in front of my class. Before the speech, I snuck off to go to the restroom, as I REALLY had to GO! I guess my teacher thought I was going off to socialize and she reprimand me. She sent me back to class before I had a chance to go. Needless to say I gave them a little more than my oral presentation. I decided to try to tackle my fear in college by taking a public speaking class. (Dr. Phil would be so proud) For my persuasive speech, I chose to speak AGAINST animal testing. My professor stood at the back of the room and huffed and rolled her eyes the whole time. Turns out my professor took GREAT offense to my speech because her daughter was attacked by her neighbors dog(I know, sad. But she is okay). She took the opportunity to rip into me, and I mean RIP. Good times. Good times. I'm a survivor peeps.

2. I hate when people "BOO" at sporting events. I feel bad for the people being BOO'd and for their family. Jeff used to be a boo'er. But he has heard me one too many times at sporting events, reminding him that their mom or sister could be sitting behind us, and it might hurt their feelings. Yes, I might be stuck in Junior High..Don't care. He no longer BOO's. Maybe in private. And yes, they can hear you when you BOO through the t.v. My point? ENCOURAGE, don't DISCOURAGE PEEPS! Just say no to "BOO"!

3. I made my t.v. debut in college on the Jenny Jones show. NO, I was not my brother's mother. I was in the audience for a taping of a show about "cheaters and the women who can't leave them." You know, back in the day when tv was changing lives. I stood up to impart my sage advice that was sure to make her see the error of her ways... I told her she was beautiful and she could get anyone she wanted.. (or something to that effect), and then I called him an idiot. On National television. (Given my fear of public speaking, and my fear of hurting peoples feelings, I must have really thought this guy was a dud. or I was possessed) Nice, eh? My parents were so proud, I'm sure.
4. When I was 17, one of my best friends was an aspiring singer. She was being "managed" by the manager of a major boy band at the time(If you don't know, I'm not gonna tell you,LOL. I might have had a crush on them and met the manager when I was stalking...I mean following their careers) They had two girls and needed a third. One day she called me with the manager and he asked me to be in the band. I can see why. I could not sing. I had no sex appeal, and Kermit the Frog had more rhythm than me. Recipe for BIG SUCCESS!!(can we say scam...) I chose college instead. I think the manager guy might be in the big house.

5. I tried smoking ONCE in college. Not because I thought it was cool. AT ALL! My mom had picked up the NASTY habit again after having quit for several years(sorry to offend if you smoke). I came up with this BRILLIANT plan that if I learned how to smoke, and did it in front of her, she would be so disgusted, she would want to quit. I could use the old" I'll quit if you quit." So I had a friend "teach" me how to hold the cigarette so I could look like I knew what I was doing. What an idiot. I could not even stand to hold it, or breath it in. I inhaled once. Almost died. Never again. Didn't even make it through 1/4 of a cigarette. Might have gotten a bump in my mouth about a week later and thought I had developed oral cancer from my smoking habit. I am just that paranoid. My mom did finally kick the NASTY habit(again, my apologies to the smokers)..... so maybe my one inhale 400 miles away and close brush with oral cancer did the trick.

6. The sound of styrofoam makes me cringe. If my children get a present, they do a styrofoam check for me. They will warn me and tell me to cover my ears and take the box into the next room to extract the offender. I also can't stand cotton balls. DESPISE them. Can't touch them. Can't look at them. It is making me sick thinking about them. Aren't you glad you asked?

7. I have only just recently discovered, at the young age of 30 something, that you can have a personal relationship with Jesus. I have always known about him, but never knew that I could know him intimately. So although I have called myself a Christian my whole life, I consider myself young in my walk with the Lord. It has been life changing. If anyone out there is considering accepting Jesus into your heart, but you don't know how to go about it, shoot me an e-mail. I would love nothing more than to get you started on your walk.


Now I need to TAG 7 people to do the same. In the spirit of getting to know others better, Most of my choices are of people I have just recently "met." I am super excited to get to learn more about them. That and, I think they might participate because we are young in our "relationship" and they might not yet feel comfortable saying NO. bwahahahahaha (evil laugh).


1. Jennifer at My Life with Four Kids.

2. . Nikki at Lil Bubble Queen.

3. Sharon at And Bai-Li Makes 3.

4. Denise at Tucked Inside My Heart.

5. Michelle at Day by Day.

6. Jen at Katie Min Min.

7. Kristin at A Family is Forever.

8. Michelle at Born In Our Heart. (Breaking the rules by adding another, and I know she already got tagged.. but she just has some AMAZINGLY FUN news to share, and I just don't want you to miss out!)

9. Keisha at The Walker Household.. because of your comment, I felt the urge to edit my post again just to TAG you. Breaking the rules for a third time, just for you. :) Consider it my little gift to you for your little gift you considered sending me. bwahahahaha!

There you go. And tomorrow, my fictitious TAG-FREE counter resets, and lives on. Off to make my pretty charts.

~Hugs

*edited to add... if you are a smoker, I DO NOT think you are nasty. When I originally wrote that I had thrown that in there for a friend that I have been trying to get to quit. It was my little "Carol Burnett ear-tug" for her. Just wanted to clear that up. But if you do smoke, I hope you do quit. I like you too much and want you around for a while. :)

55 heart smiles:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, the random facts are so fun! Glad that you didn't pick up the smoking :) I did, for TEN years!!! God has empowered me since then!!

Bless you for not tagging me ;)

HUGS,
Sara

Carla said...

That is just too funny! Sorry your gonna have to reset that clock of yours....LOL

Denise C said...

Oh what fun and interesting tidbits about you!!! I always love to read these tags!
Have a great week!
Blessings,
Denise

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Great list....

Just when you thought you were escaping the madness.....you got sucked back in!!

Enjoy your day!

Lisa

Keisha said...

LOL! Okay...love the random facts about you...&...
why am I tempted to send you a box of cotton balls surrounded by styrofoam peanuts??.... hum??...

LOL! Just kidding!
Thnks for sharing and being transparent.
((hugs))
Keisha

Anonymous said...

Amie!!!! I LOVE your list! I LOVE your list! Thank you so much for a) forgiving me for tagging you and b) forgiving me so BEAUTIFULLY... YOU ARE LOVED,GILR and c)making me laugh,laugh,laugh this morning. Your comments always make me do the big guffaw that sounds like a snort or a honk or something when I read them, thank you! I am a'comin up that way to stalk you, woman. You is one funny lady!!!!!! And now..a moments of silence for your tag counter...what am I talking about. I can't stay silent for that long.

Lovin' it,Amie...

Lisa

p.s.Amie..You are HOT

(there you go Lis.. reposted for you. Sorry 'bout that... btw, I added that little som'in' at the bottom.. I am sure you meant to say that as well. )

Andrea said...

Aw! That was funny!
You Got the Right Stuff...Baby!....
Even if you didn't make the "Girl Band". :)

A

jennifer said...

You DO know that you just made yourself a major "tag target" don't you?!?!

Love the list.

Amie said...

Jennifer...

OH SNAP.. obviously, I had NOT thought that through. What can I do now to make it right? BRAG about TAG's? PRETEND I get so many I can't respond to them all and I must kindly turn them away.
Help me oh wise one. H.E.L.P.

:)
Amie

Sherri said...

I enjoyed the random facts....

I must be way older than you because boy bands were popular when my DAUGHTER was 17....not really, she was about 12 or so, but still......

when I was 17, disco was popular. But I didn't like it because I was a rock n roller.

haha

sherri

Sharon said...

First of all, i think you were so sweet to thank of me and i am strangley honored even though there is no way I am doing it! haha
I am just not funny, it would be pathetic.

Secondly, YOU are FUNNY. I really enjoyed reading every word. YOu should have a career at that!! (When all your little munchkins are grown, of course!! Hugs to you!!!!!

Lisa said...

Amie,

I am not worrying, so thanks for worrying about whether I was worrying...and also, you are hot. Very.

I can't believe I forgot to say that. But thanks for reminding me.

Denise C said...

Okie Dokie...my post is up!!! I put a little twist on it though! Come on over!!!
Love ya girlie!!!

Tonya said...

Amie, I just tagged you over at my blog.. I'm SO sorry!



JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(For some WEIRD reason I get my kicks out of irritating people - and/or scaring them SILLY) Hehehe

I'm right with you when it comes to worrying too much about hurting someone else's feelings. (I was ROLLING reading about you "training" your hubby to NOT "BOO" someone)

I'd SERIOUSLY rather someone rip me to pieces than to know that I'd hurt them instead. I just couldn't stand it.

This post was COMPLETELY HILARIOUS! I'm glad you were tagged.. now I've had the chance to get to KNOW YOU better! (Oh, I'm also happy to know your "brush with death" helped your Mom kick the habit.. HA!!!!!!!)

Finally, THANKS SO MUCH for the birthday wishes for Zach. He SURELY THOUGHT he was "THE MAN" yesterday after all the female attention! (*wink*wink*) =o)

Tina said...

my goodness Amie, you are too funny! I'm the HR person at work so I have to count those injury-free days and yes, there's usually a pizza party and everyone is bummed out when someone breaks the running. I'm terrified of speaking in front of people too, so funny that it's my job. I avoid it whenever possible. I just get the employees in small groups for meetings instead of speaking to all at once. TMI?
Love your facts! I too started my walk with the Lord in my 30s and often wonder what the past could have been like if I had leaned on Him WAY sooner.
Have a great day......hope we get that LOA soon!!!
Tina

Rebecca Lily said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Girl you make me laugh!!! Tag-free for xx days... you're such a trip.

I love reading all these interesting things about people. I never respond to tags anymore because I have already shared everything remotly interesting about myself. I think people would be yawing by #2. :)

xoxo

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh girl...you make me laugh like nobody else!! Too funny!! Guess what I did all my speeches on in college??? CHINA!!! Yep, that's right....how to pack a suitcase (yes, I brought ziploc bags and rolled my shirts!), China's one child policy, all you ever wanted to know about China....I think my instructor was about ready to throw up by my last speech!! Oh well...speak on something you know, right??

Have a great day!
Love,
Monica

Melody said...

Fun times!

Random stuff is the best!

Kristin said...

Thanks for tagging me! Sorry someone else beat you to it. :-)

Love your random list of facts! It is great fun to learn more about everyone. You learn the most interesting things!!!

Jennifer said...

I love your random facts! I feel so special you tagged me...lol! I've did my post, so you can check it out if you'd like!

The Byrd's Nest said...

You do not sound like someone who is afraid of public speaking! You are so witty and funny and cute!

I knew God all my life too but never personally until I was 30 also!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading all about you- so interesting!!! I have been tagged by the same list but have not followed through- you are so good!!!
Blessings,
Sharon

Doug and Terrye said...

Grace has some beautiful princess stickers that she can loan you for your chart ;)

T in FL

Patricia said...

OK...gotta tell ya...I just found you via Stefanie & Lisa & am so glad I did!! LOVE your site!! Great random 7 too! Thanks for the smiles! I'm following you, girl! ;)

Patricia/NYC

Anonymous said...

Wow...can't believe authority figures were so consistently heartless in both of your public speaking traumas... Glad you didn't let it dampen your resolve!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

this tag is cracking me up ... it is everywhere ... i think i have been tagged about 4 times ... i may just have to do it ...

Rachel said...

OM GOODNESS! Amie you crack me up!
Rachel
PS: You are right though, smoking is NASTY!

Amie said...

...But not the people who smoke. so NOT nasty!


:)
Amie

Tina said...

Fluff, you are very funny and you still crack me up!!!

Tonya said...

Amie,

I DID get your email. Sorry I've not answered the last two yet. Yesterday was another of those days that I ran all day. No probs gettin them for me! =-)

LOVE YOU!

PS.. I'll try to answer those emails TODAY! O:-)

Kim said...

Amie

Thanks for stopping in! What a beautiful family you have!

I enjoyed reading all those little tidbits about you.

I'll have to try the sleep on your own and you'll earn a chapstick trick. I think this just might work!

Mrs. H said...

Thanks for stopping by! I see you have an Allie also!

Your Not Me list was hilarious! Your blog is adorable and all your kiddos are precious!

Stop by anytime!
Krystal in TX
holtsrus.blogspot.com

Keisha said...

Okay, "Cotton" mine is up!
love ya!

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh, Amie. You are such a sweetheart. And a HILARIOUS one at that. Sweet and funny - the perfect combination.

You may be the first person I have ever known to be scared of cotton balls. I personally couldn't live without 'em. Try taking fingernail polish off with a tissue. You must be a nail polish-free woman!

And how much in therapy has #1 cost you, poor thing.

And your #7 - I totally relate. I'm learning late in life how life changing it can be. I consider my walk early, too, but one that has already blessed me beyond measure.

Hugs to you, my friend
Michelle

p.s. 57 followers!! I am quite impressed. And me, I'm commenter #32. You rock, girl! :-)

heidi said...

You have six kids...I want six kids. :-)

thanks for stopping by!!

Stephanie said...

Your number 6...sent SHIVERS up my spine. I hate that too! Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

Stephanie

Mom Of Many said...

I am with you on the styrofoam thing....I can't look at it, it just drives me buggy...and my kids knowing my deep aversion to it, love to say, "hey mom" and rub some together. Gotta' love them, but payback comes when they are teenagers!! And then I embarass them in front of friends and just smile and whisper, "Remember the styrofoam?"

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

Hi believe it or not this is the first time I have ever even heard about tagging!! Its so cool.
I like you descovered God could actually talk to me and be my friend just a few years ago, even though I was a Christian at 13.
Great getting to know you better.
Love Jules
Ps, you are one seriously liked girl

Amy Jo said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...how fun to come over and visit you! Your children are BEAUTIFUL!!! Loved reading your list of 7. Can totally relate on public speaking, totally cracked up that you called the guy an "idiot" (grin) and agree with you on styrofoam. Had the same thing with napkins on dry skin. Eesh...gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it! Sweet blessings! Amy

Jen@KerrnalJournal said...

Yay, Amie! I love these facts about you! I remember very well the first time you wrote them, esp. number 7, and Jesus and me are getting closer all the time! Thanks for being the encouragement I needed (and busting my chops a little bit when I needed it too!) :o)

Love ya, sista! LOL
Hugs,
Jen

Virginia said...

Thank you so much for the comment and words of encouragement you left on my blog. I like meeting new people in blog-land, too... especially in the adoption community. And congratulations on getting approval to meet your new son in LESS than a MONTH!! So exciting!

Nice to meet ya,


Gin =)

(love your blog BTW)

Mission To Macie said...

I think I just peed my pants a little about #6! And the fact that you said "oh snap" in a comment ROTFL!

And why is this the first time I have ever seen your blog??? YOU are the HOOT! LOL

Thanks for the comment....I am now adding you to my favorites!

Your new friend,
Jill :)

Davisix said...

I am SO with you on the booing thing. I too feel super bad for the ones being boo'd. Meanies! Love your blog! Ang

3 Peanuts said...

Just found your blog...not sure how but congrats on your CA. Your family is beautiful.

Kim

Us said...

Girl, you are cracking me up with the cotton balls! hahahaha! I'm getting ready to remove my polish with COTTON BALLS! LOL! Sorry..just wanted to make you cringe! I'm so mean!

I have an award for you on my blog! xo

Jennifer said...

Okay so you crack me up!!! I had a real good laugh at your random thoughts and then was shocked to see that I was tagged! So I will have my random answers for you in a few days!

Jen

Erin said...

Ohhh... I have goosebumps from the cotton ball thing. I can't even take the fluff out of a pill botle. Glad I am not the only one!!

Jen said...

Hi Amie,
Thanks for stopping by at The M's Have It!! Yes, I LOVE (dill) Pickle juice!! It's the best. Your family is just beautiful! Congratulations on your third adoption. We are in the early stages of our paperwork for #2. Doing SN again, so hopefully we will be back in China by this time next year. Again, stop by again and say hi!

Jen

Katy said...

Hi Amie-
Thanks for commenting on my blog (http://tubesinghome.blogspot.com/)! Jen was really spreading the love! My kids enjoyed looking at your blog. They think us adopting again for our 4th is a lot of kids, so they were REALLY impressed with you!! Can't wait to hear more about your son!

Kim said...

Just found your comments on my new blog ... what a blessing to read about you and see the photos of your beautiful family. Cannot wait to follow along ...
Blessings!
Kim

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Love #2! I hate booing at sporting events, especially in jest of another player. I have been known to shout a few things out at a hockey game, but boo will never be one of them! :)

C's Mom said...

Fun to read...good to get to know ya and I have to say I am loving your sense of humor.

Yep, I had to enact a tag moratorium since I got one that was 35 questions long last year...I did it and then promised never again. I think I bored the socks off anyone who actually read the whole novella.

ellieshine said...

#2 regurgitated fact: so you need to move to Australia - not only can you NOT boo (expecially kids hee hee) you cannot make too big of a deal out of your own child doing well at a sporting event. They call it the Tall Poppy syndrome (they like to cut the tall poppies down to size!). It is actually quite refreshing - except that cutting down thing!

Lori said...

Haha, I feel the same way about tags....how long can I go?!

Kim said...

Hi Amie,

I am so glad you stopped by my blog. Your family is
BEA-U-TI-FUL!!!! and your little guy is precious! Paul and I would love meeting Jonathan and your husband. We're staying at the White Swan. I can't wait to check out your blog.

Kim

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish