Monday, October 27, 2008

Not me Monday



Head on over to My Charming Kids to read more NMM posts. If you don't mind, while you are thinking about it, would you please say a prayer for Baby Stellan and for MckMamma. I am praying for a safe delivery for both Mckmamma and Stellan, with no complications. As well as for a completely healthy Stellan!!! Most specifically for a beautiful and healthy normal heart!


These things did NOT happen this week, so DON'T think they did:



(I did not delete my original NMM post when I came back to add the NMM graphic. I might NOT have forgot something, and might NOT regurgitate it next week if I remember it. I am NOT annoyed)


One day this week when I got out of the shower and got part way dressed, I did NOT catch a glimpse in the mirror, suck in my tummy and say in my best "Joey" voice from Friends, "Now that's what I'm talking a-bout." I did NOT somehow manage to convince myself that my diet I had decided to go on (after a recent failed attempt), and all the exercising I had been doing was working, and I was looking trimmer already. It was NOT just day 3 of the diet. And I did NOT work out only 1 of the 3 days. Please do NOT tell anyone I did that. No really, DON'T.




This week, while I was NOT on my diet, I did NOT stop at Taco Bell because I saw a commercial, and wanted to try a couple of of the new HURRICANE tacos. I did NOT have to repeat my order 3 times because the drive-thru guy did NOT understand me. He did NOT ask me to speak more slowly and louder..and when I did and he did NOT understand me again. I did NOT get yelled at by the guy in line behind me who shouted (for all the cars that I was holding up to hear), "They're called VOL-CA-NO TACOS LA-DY...COME on!!!” I did NOT give him a big OL’ thumbs up, reorder my VOLCANO tacos successfully, pull up, grab my tacos and drive away breaking into a giggle fit at the whole event.


While sitting at a red light around the corner from TB, I did NOT break into my "HURRICANES" (just to spite you Mr. Disgruntled drive thru man) and start munching on them because the 5 min drive home was just too long. Mr. Disgruntled drive-thru man did NOT end up at the red light next to me, and I did NOT find him staring at me as I chomped on my HURRICANES (that's right, I said hurricanes Mr. Disgruntled-so impatient-I gotta have my tacos right now- drive-thru guy). I did NOT wave to him with one hand as I chomped on my tacos in my other hand. He did NOT just stare as I chomped. It was NOT awkward.

I did NOT tell my husband when he was being ornery this past week that I was so going to blog about him...and turn him into a NMM. We did NOT think that was funny because we are NOT weird like that. I think this might NOT come in handy as a bribe tool.

This weekend while I was shopping with David and Katie at Target for supplies for our trip to China to bring Johnathan home, I did NOT make it a point to mention Johnathan and our trip to China after every item we picked out for him (and at a level 2x louder than it needed to be). I did NOT do so in the hope that someone would ask just so I could talk about it and tell them about our little man cause I am just so stinkin' excited.

"These shoes would be perfect for Johnathan in China. He will need shoes to walk around in CHINA after we meet him for the first time...in CHINA.

Oh look, there are the diapers. We need some diapers to take to CHINA because Johnathan will need diapers in China, because he will POOP...IN CHINA.


Speaking of poop, did we take a baby enema last time to CHINA, and do you think Johnathan will need a baby enema in CHINA? What if Johnathan can’t poop when we meet him for the first time, in CHINA?"

The little old lady I followed into the shampoo aisle in hopes of getting a "bite" did NOT appear to care if Johnathan would need a trial or regular size baby wash for his first bath in CHINA. The AV guy was NOT the least bit interested if I needed extra batteries for our camera so we make sure we have no reason for not catching the first moment on film when we meet our son Johnathan for the first time...while we are in CHINA. The Halloween candy stock boy really could NOT care less that the party size pack of DUM-DUMS would be perfect for Johnathan in CHINA, as they might be a good distraction in case he is sad right after we meet him for the first time...in CHINA. The cashier was NOT at all intrigued as I called out each item that I placed on the belt and how it would be used by JOHNATHAN while we are in CHINA. They really did NOT. But guess what...my kiddos did. And that DID make me smile BIG!!

(Did I mention that in 7 days, we will be meeting Johnathan in CHINA? 'Cause I thought that I might NOT have!!!!!!!!!)

I am NOT immeasurably BLESSED!!!

BTW- Do NOT visit my blog here and enter my giveaway. You know you do NOT want to anyways. So DON’T..cause I DON’T want you to win something super cool, or even have the chance to take part in our Random Act of Kindness Extravaganza and, by doing so, help us honor a really cool kid. You DON’T deserve it.

And I certainly DON’T want you heading over here, checking out all the super fly prizes being raffled away, and then enter for a chance to win and, by doing so, do your part to help bring OWEN home. That would be nice of you.. and I DON’T like nice people. I LOVE them!

DON'T have a Happy Week!!!!

p.s. Michelle...I did NOT cry when I saw the little graphic you made for Brent's giveaway!! I am NOT a baby. I will pop it up later. Thank you, dear friend!! :)

32 heart smiles:

Davisix said...

I am about to pee my pants! That list is hysterical!!! And I stole Michelle's graphic for my post today. :) Ang

Candy said...

Amie, I think we are the first - ahead of MckMama! I would for sure have asked you about the enema...and all the China hints. May God keep you safe on your trip to...where are you going....CHINA?? I'm sure you can't wait to have little Johnathan in your arms!

Michelle R Photography said...

I needed to start off my Monday with a good laugh. You did not fail me, friend. I am laughing hysterically at your hurricane taco munching, your Target experience (Hey, I would have totally bit and asked you about your little guy!)... and your use of the word superfly. LOL

day by day said...

Oh, thank-you for the Monday morning laugh!!!! Love the Taco Bell story...hurricane/volcano. lol!

And phooey with all the people that did not want to hear about your precious boy and upcoming trip. We do!!! Share away, proud Mama...share away!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Amie~

Here's one for your NMM. You didn't just make me laugh again like you do every single time I read a post or get an email from you. Oh no you definitely didn't.

Love you,

Lisa

~*Mistee*~ said...

Loved the taco story, that poor man needs to stop and smell the mild sauce! Life is too short to rush a good meal! :0) Glad u made it home safely after eating said tacos in the car!! ;0)

K and/or K said...

How were the Hurricanes? That commercial gets me but so far I have resisted!
If you tell me they are amazing I'll go and order TSUNAMI's!

Football and Fried Rice said...

You are so funny!! I am NOT going to miss these posts while you are in CHINA, you sure are going to post them from CHINA right?? What will I do without my Monday Morning chuckle???

You got me doing Joey now "How YOU doin'?" MY kids don't think I am a freak at all!!

I LOVE your CHINA talk at the store - that would SO be me!! SOMEONE PLEASE ask me where I am going!! Just ask me!!!!!

I did NOT set my alarm for 5:20 a.m. to bid on something on ebay, only to be an hour early and RE-SET it and get up AGAIN to bid. I did NOT win it ;)

How are we not sisters?!?!?!?!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, I'm laughing my butt off at you! I guess what, if I would've been in the store, I would've asked what you were talking about, cuz I'm just nosy like that...LOl! I can't wait to see the pics when you get to meet your new little man!!

Tonya said...

Oh, girl! You are too funny and WAAAAAYY TOO SWEET! I was laughing through your "NMM" post, and then you did it. You made me "tear up" too. (Don't worry, Angie and Michelle did it to me too) Hehehehe

Man, you ladies sure are AMAZING! I can't believe that so many are celebrating Brent's life this way. I'm touched - DEEPLY!

Thanks You SOOOOO MUCH for introducing Brent to your friends and for all you're doing.

Now, I'm also CRAZY EXCITED for you and your family as you get to "GO TO CHINA" to meet Johnathan! Please post pictures ASAP???

I LOVE YOU, SISTER! =-)

Kerry said...

All of your children are so pretty! Loved the list. Man, I don't love me some "hurricane" tacos!

Robin said...

Hurricane. Valcano. Really, what's the difference?

Laughing hysterically and saying lots of prayers for your trip...I hear you're GOING TO CHINA!!!

Robin

-stephanie- said...

well, your list cracked me up.
Looking forward to hear more about Johnathan from China.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Cannot wait to hear about your trip to China to pick up your boy!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh my gosh! You make me laugh so much!! I LOVE NMM!!!!!

Love,
Monica

ps-Are you going to China??? I totally thought you weren't going, just hubby! Did I miss something? Can you help me here???

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

You are cracking me up. Thank you for the laugh. Maybe the kids and I should head to TB for lunch and order the hurricane taco and see if we can get the same response.

Have a blessed day.

Anna said...

Oh! I would have asked about your sweet Jonathan! I can't help but ask about that cause one of my dreams is to adopt from China, always has been. So, I suppose I am jealous if nothing else!

You had a great Not Me!

Lori said...

I've told my hubby that I'm going to blog about his behavior too... and he has actually said to me on more than one occasion "you're going to blog about this aren't you?"

Leslie said...

You are so funny. I don't come here a lot, but I just added you to my blog roll, because I have really been missing out. I hope you don't mind either. I was totally laughing so hard, and then had to call my DH and read it to him trying to not laugh. I just love your sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

LOL this is too funny...I will never think of Taco Bell "hurricane" tacos with out giggling. I never threaten my hubby with putting his naughtiness on my blog a good wifey never threatens! :)

mommy24treasures said...

ahhh you are just too funny:)

Paige Hinrichs said...

Hehe....Thank you for a great laugh! What a hoot!

jennifer said...

How did I not know you were that close to leaving for China?!?! I can't even believe it! Love this post, and the drive thru story. Too funny!!

Rebecca Lily said...

YOU ARE SO DANG FUNNY. Oh, I can hardly catch my breath to even type!!!! The HURRICANE TACOS!!!! Oh my word!!! (GIGGLES). And he did NOT pull up next to you at the red light and STARE at you while you ate them!!!! (More fits of giggles). :) Dang!!! I have to go pee now. :)

I did my first NMM today but it doesn't hold a candle to yours. :)

xoxo
Rebecca

Stefanie said...

I think I commented on this and then? Where did I go? What did I do? Alas, the story of my life...
Again, you have managed to crack me up when I am in my crustiest of moods: Monday morning. I was dying just imagining you NOT checkin' out your stuff and thinkin' how darn GOOD you're looking after that day of working out! Day one... DONE :)
oxox!

Virginia said...

I did NOT laugh hysterically while reading this post about going to Taco Bell and Target and... somewhere else (didn't really catch where) to pick up someone (couldn't really make out who, exactly).

Gin =)

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Laughing my butt off about the Taco Bell story - I just have such a great picture in my head of the whole story!!

That must be so wonderful and exciting heading over to CHINA to get Jonathan. I just met you but I am excited for you - and if I had seen you at Target that day I promise I would have asked you about it!!

Flamingo said...

I love reading your NOT me posts..they are hysterical!

7 days?! wow...i'm envious! if you see my little china doll sneak her home for me :)

Anonymous said...

I will NOT call you out...but I am sure you did NOT do something similar NOT at McDonalds..NOT regarding french fries NOT in the Windy City.... I am just sayin' friend..so glad you haven't changed! You always make my heart smile and LOL and you make me pee a little....

S.L.P said...

You are hillarious with your tropical storm tacos...or was it tornado? I bet you killed the socks right off that guy with kindness. Congratulations on getting to go pick up your new son. I pray you have a safe trip! And I so would have asked you to tell me the story if I had heard you in the grocery store.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I hope this kid knows what kind of family he is getting himself into!!!! The best ever!

3 Peanuts said...

YOu are so funny...I would totally have been eating the tacos too...were they good? I am so excited for your upcoming journey...I would ahve asked in target~

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish