Friday, October 24, 2008
OK...I can't keep a secret.
5:24 PM | Posted by
Amie
I thought I was going to be able to be all cool and wait until tomorrow to tell you about my prize for the giveaway. But I am too stinkin' excited. And you will soon know why.
I know you have heard me talk about Rebecca before around here. She had the really cool butterfly story, She designed my blog... She has one of the sweetest little men ever waiting for her to come to China to bring him home. Oh, and I am not sure if I have ever told you this, but Rebecca is who God used to help us find our son Johnathan. She pointed us in his direction. Because of this alone, she will ALWAYS hold a dear place in our hearts.
Rebecca is going to get her LOA any day now to bring her sweet little Owen home. She is holding a raffleway over at To China for Owen to help raise funds for his adoption. You can read her original post about it on her personal blog here. You will not believe the prizes she is raffling off. Too many to name, really. What? You want me to? Okay, You talked me into it. You, my friends, are persuasive. Have you ever considered a career in sales? Or non-profit fundraising? Well, you should. You are that good.
Here are the prizes she has listed on To China for Owen:
A Canon Rebel XSI "mamarazzi dream package" ...(which includes online tutoring from a professional photographer, a canon Rebel, and a kickin' lens..and a few other things)
A Sony camcorder
A custom watercolor painting by Tisra Fadely Originals
A customized sterling silver bracelet set by Silverpie
A Touch of Stardust pleated handbag
A necklace from Bel Kai Designs
A handmade baby bloomers set by Milk Bubbles Studio
A Canon Rebel XSI "mamarazzi dream package" ...(which includes online tutoring from a professional photographer, a canon Rebel, and a kickin' lens..and a few other things)
A Sony camcorder
A custom watercolor painting by Tisra Fadely Originals
A customized sterling silver bracelet set by Silverpie
A Touch of Stardust pleated handbag
A necklace from Bel Kai Designs
A handmade baby bloomers set by Milk Bubbles Studio
(Do you see that little tongue? Look at that smile!!!)
She is also doing a Spread the Love giveaway... The only thing you need to do to enter this giveaway is add the To China with Owen button on your side bar... And then if you do a post about the fundraiser, and post a link to the site, that gets you an extra entry. For more details, and instructions head on over to TO CHINA FOR OWEN, and figure out how to get yourself entered and how to spread the love.
(This is one of my favorite pics of Owen, even if he
is hiding that big beautiful smile of his. Look at
what he is holding. A picture of his mom and dad.)
So for my "Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway", I have decided to give away 5 entries to Rebecca's Raffleway. All 5 of them will go to you, the winner. When you win my giveaway, Rebecca will e-mail you your raffle numbers, and all you will need to do is sit back, and wait to see if one of your numbers is chosen. If I were you, though, I wouldn't put all my hopes into those 5 tickets. I would head on over there and get a BOATLOAD more!
After you purchase your gaggle of tickets, make sure you come back here and enter yourself in my Giveaway!!! After you do that, you can start thinking about the RAK's you are going to do in Brent's honor. How will you choose? I am sure you have a ton of good ideas! How FUN!! And if you have a moment, you can post a link to my giveaway on your blog so that we can get more people involved in the RAK extravaganza. Tell your neighbor. Tell a friend. (I hope your neighbor is your friend too). Tell your dentist. Your mail-man. Just don't tell any creepy people. I don't need the trouble! ;)
When you are holding your entry numbers for Owens fundraiser that you won in my giveaway, and the ones you purchased yourself, and you are thinking about all the RAK you will do for Brent on the 28th, and the fact that you helped bring Owen home.. I hope you smile BIG! I know I will be. And I am pretty sure Brent will be too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Blog Archive
- 2013 (2)
- 2012 (4)
- 2011 (6)
- 2010 (2)
- 2009 (41)
-
2008
(158)
- December(8)
- November(9)
-
October(20)
- Speaking of Answered Prayers...
- A week to Remember...
- You have to see it to believe it...
- And the winner is...
- McKMuffin Prayers
- Last Day for Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- Not me Monday
- OK...I can't keep a secret.
- Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- ***Edited***They raised 6930.00$ from the giveaway...
- My SIL,Kristen, taking her inspiration from this p...
- Not Me Monday
- Oh Snap...Here we go again.
- A giving Heart...
- Not Me Monday
- A Little Housekeeping...
- Some things I WAS doing today...
- Need a smile.. Or a Big Choke on Your Diet Coke La...
- Not me Monday!!
- noThing AT All...
- September(13)
- August(13)
- July(17)
- June(9)
- May(16)
- April(7)
- March(8)
- February(21)
- January(17)
- 2007 (87)
- 2006 (4)
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(158)
-
▼
October
(20)
- Speaking of Answered Prayers...
- A week to Remember...
- You have to see it to believe it...
- And the winner is...
- McKMuffin Prayers
- Last Day for Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- Not me Monday
- OK...I can't keep a secret.
- Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- ***Edited***They raised 6930.00$ from the giveaway...
- My SIL,Kristen, taking her inspiration from this p...
- Not Me Monday
- Oh Snap...Here we go again.
- A giving Heart...
- Not Me Monday
- A Little Housekeeping...
- Some things I WAS doing today...
- Need a smile.. Or a Big Choke on Your Diet Coke La...
- Not me Monday!!
- noThing AT All...
-
▼
October
(20)
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com









4 heart smiles:
Girl!! I can barely see my screen through all my big messy tears. :) You have gone and made me do the UGLY cry now. Not just the teary-eyes thing, the UGLY CRY where your face contorts into unattractive shapes!!!
I can't even tell you how much you bless me, how you encourage me, and how much I look up to you!! You are a true woman of God and you have such a HUGE and unbelievably kind & caring heart!!!
Thank you so much for posting about Owen... and sweet Brent, whose story touched me so deeply!! Look how the Lord uses lives - even after life on earth has ended and life in eternity begins, He is STILL USING this precious boy to touch people. He sure has touched this mama's heart!!!
THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU! YOU ARE AMAZING!!
May God bless you a hundredfold, my friend. I love you!!
xoxo
Owen's Mommy
Amy,
We FINALLY made it home last night around 6 PM. I managed to get my blog updated and a slide-show put together, but that's as far as I'd made it. Today I'm making my rounds and catching up with my girlfriends.
Now, I have to tell you that you had me in tears when I read these posts/tributes to Brent. (Don't worry, they were HAPPY ones) =o)
You are JUST AMAZING! I'm BLESSED BEYOND WORDS that GOD saw fit to let our paths cross. It was truly like finding my lost twin. (If I had one - HA!!)
Many, MANY THANKS to you for all you've done - I LOVE YOU, my SISTER!
Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love yours and your family is just beautiful! : )
Hi Amie,
I got your comments on my blog the other day. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me the messages.
You said you were leaving in a week to go to China. How exciting. Are you leaving on the 29th? I'll be watching your blog for updates.
Stop by again soon and say hi.
I hope your trip goes great! Can't wait to read about it.
Blessings!
Michelle