Wednesday, October 22, 2008
11:58 AM | Posted by
Amie
***Edited***
They raised 6930.00$ from the giveaway. You might think that was a type-o, so I will give it to you again... $ 6930.oo.. not including a very large grant from the Elison Project!! If you didn't get a chance to give, and your heart was touched by what GOD did.. you can always head on over to The Elison Project and click on the donation page and make a contribution there through your pay-pal account. Anything you can find to give, no matter how little it may seem to you or how UNBELIEVABLY HUGE, is not insignificant.. it WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. And I love you for that! :) (Thanks for asking Debbie! )

I am sure most of you know of Stefanie at NiHaoYall. Who doesn't? If you have been to her blog in the past couple of weeks, then you know about her sister Andrea, and the giveaway Stefanie is doing to help Andrea bring her little boy Cole home(cutie pictured above). If not, read her story here.
When Stefanie first got the idea about posting her sister's story, she wasn't sure whether she was going to do it or not. She mentioned to me that she didn't want anyone to feel obligated to help out. She didn't want to pressure people into doing something they didn't want to do. She is sweet like that.
But she felt called to try to help out her sister in some way. So she chose to set up this giveaway. At first there was talk about setting the initial goal at $1000. I love how Stefanie says "How God must have been laughing at his doubtful daughters." So very true... often we forget just how BIG our God is.
Head on over to her site and check out the total now!!! Go on... come back. Then, in Unison we can shout a glorious PRAISE THE LORD!! Our God is so very Good! Look how many people showed up! Look at that TOTAL!!! Over 200% of the funds requested raised!!! Not only that but the ELISON project came through with a BIG grant for this family. (They are the organization who gave our family a grant to use towards Johnathan's adoption.) Again.. GO GOD!!!
Today is the last day for the Giveaway. I was planning on sending you all over on the last day so that she had a few people still entering at the last minute. How our Father must have laughed at that one....
Not only is she able to give away a sweet Cannon Rebel DSLR, but several other beautiful people have stepped up and donated items to be given away as well. Man how I love when people come together to help other people!!! Makes my Heart Smile BIG!
So I am sending you over there to check out this family's story, and to be blessed by the way so many people have stepped out to help get this sweet little boy home! Though they have met all of their fundraising goals, I want to encourage you to GIVE BIG!!!!!!!!! Andrea has decided to donate the extra funds to the ELISON project. And I KNOW they could use anything they can get, because since Andrea mentioned the grant on Stefanie's site , the ELISON project has been swamped with requests for grants!!! Here is the deal though... Shelby is the founder of the ELISON project and I happen to know that she has funded many of the grants with money out of her own pocketbook. After the huge Grant awarded to Andrea and her family, and with all the requests made for grants from other deserving families, she is not going to be able to continue to do this herself. She is going to need us to help out.
I hope you are touched by Andrea's story and that you find it in your heart to GIVE BIG! There is another "Andrea" out there trying find a way to get their "Cole" home... and it would make my heart smile big to know that we could play a part in bringing these families together. Thank YOU GOD!
Maybe I will see you over there!! And if YOU win the camera... You can take a picture of yourself with the BIG smile you will be wearing on your face from knowing YOU... made a difference!
Hugs~

I mean really...Could this little guy be any cuter?
They raised 6930.00$ from the giveaway. You might think that was a type-o, so I will give it to you again... $ 6930.oo.. not including a very large grant from the Elison Project!! If you didn't get a chance to give, and your heart was touched by what GOD did.. you can always head on over to The Elison Project and click on the donation page and make a contribution there through your pay-pal account. Anything you can find to give, no matter how little it may seem to you or how UNBELIEVABLY HUGE, is not insignificant.. it WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. And I love you for that! :) (Thanks for asking Debbie! )

I am sure most of you know of Stefanie at NiHaoYall. Who doesn't? If you have been to her blog in the past couple of weeks, then you know about her sister Andrea, and the giveaway Stefanie is doing to help Andrea bring her little boy Cole home(cutie pictured above). If not, read her story here.
When Stefanie first got the idea about posting her sister's story, she wasn't sure whether she was going to do it or not. She mentioned to me that she didn't want anyone to feel obligated to help out. She didn't want to pressure people into doing something they didn't want to do. She is sweet like that.
But she felt called to try to help out her sister in some way. So she chose to set up this giveaway. At first there was talk about setting the initial goal at $1000. I love how Stefanie says "How God must have been laughing at his doubtful daughters." So very true... often we forget just how BIG our God is.
Head on over to her site and check out the total now!!! Go on... come back. Then, in Unison we can shout a glorious PRAISE THE LORD!! Our God is so very Good! Look how many people showed up! Look at that TOTAL!!! Over 200% of the funds requested raised!!! Not only that but the ELISON project came through with a BIG grant for this family. (They are the organization who gave our family a grant to use towards Johnathan's adoption.) Again.. GO GOD!!!
Today is the last day for the Giveaway. I was planning on sending you all over on the last day so that she had a few people still entering at the last minute. How our Father must have laughed at that one....
Not only is she able to give away a sweet Cannon Rebel DSLR, but several other beautiful people have stepped up and donated items to be given away as well. Man how I love when people come together to help other people!!! Makes my Heart Smile BIG!
So I am sending you over there to check out this family's story, and to be blessed by the way so many people have stepped out to help get this sweet little boy home! Though they have met all of their fundraising goals, I want to encourage you to GIVE BIG!!!!!!!!! Andrea has decided to donate the extra funds to the ELISON project. And I KNOW they could use anything they can get, because since Andrea mentioned the grant on Stefanie's site , the ELISON project has been swamped with requests for grants!!! Here is the deal though... Shelby is the founder of the ELISON project and I happen to know that she has funded many of the grants with money out of her own pocketbook. After the huge Grant awarded to Andrea and her family, and with all the requests made for grants from other deserving families, she is not going to be able to continue to do this herself. She is going to need us to help out.
I hope you are touched by Andrea's story and that you find it in your heart to GIVE BIG! There is another "Andrea" out there trying find a way to get their "Cole" home... and it would make my heart smile big to know that we could play a part in bringing these families together. Thank YOU GOD!
Maybe I will see you over there!! And if YOU win the camera... You can take a picture of yourself with the BIG smile you will be wearing on your face from knowing YOU... made a difference!
Hugs~

I mean really...Could this little guy be any cuter?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Blog Archive
- 2013 (2)
- 2012 (4)
- 2011 (6)
- 2010 (2)
- 2009 (41)
-
2008
(158)
- December(8)
- November(9)
-
October(20)
- Speaking of Answered Prayers...
- A week to Remember...
- You have to see it to believe it...
- And the winner is...
- McKMuffin Prayers
- Last Day for Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- Not me Monday
- OK...I can't keep a secret.
- Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- ***Edited***They raised 6930.00$ from the giveaway...
- My SIL,Kristen, taking her inspiration from this p...
- Not Me Monday
- Oh Snap...Here we go again.
- A giving Heart...
- Not Me Monday
- A Little Housekeeping...
- Some things I WAS doing today...
- Need a smile.. Or a Big Choke on Your Diet Coke La...
- Not me Monday!!
- noThing AT All...
- September(13)
- August(13)
- July(17)
- June(9)
- May(16)
- April(7)
- March(8)
- February(21)
- January(17)
- 2007 (87)
- 2006 (4)
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(158)
-
▼
October
(20)
- Speaking of Answered Prayers...
- A week to Remember...
- You have to see it to believe it...
- And the winner is...
- McKMuffin Prayers
- Last Day for Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- Not me Monday
- OK...I can't keep a secret.
- Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- ***Edited***They raised 6930.00$ from the giveaway...
- My SIL,Kristen, taking her inspiration from this p...
- Not Me Monday
- Oh Snap...Here we go again.
- A giving Heart...
- Not Me Monday
- A Little Housekeeping...
- Some things I WAS doing today...
- Need a smile.. Or a Big Choke on Your Diet Coke La...
- Not me Monday!!
- noThing AT All...
-
▼
October
(20)
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





16 heart smiles:
Hey , Sista!
we need to get Rebecca to make a"Donate to the Elison Project Button"(linked to a donation page with testimony from receiving families) and then we can all put it on our side bars to help generate funds.
I will pay Rebecca's fee.
Hop on over and ask the 'Elison Project chick' if she is diggin' it and then let me know. She would have to set up her on ChipIn or something that takes PayPal, but I think she would be glad that she did..in the long run.
If she likes the idea,I will talk to Rebecca tonight.
Later gator!
A
Do you know how much I am loving you right now?????????
LOVE IT!!
I will get in touch with her and let you know!!
LOVE YOU!!!!!
:)
AMie
I'm 'the ELISON project chic' and I am humbled, honored, touched, & hopeful! Thank You, truly, thank you!
P.S. I think I might change my title from Executive Director to the ELISON project chic...lovin it!
My dear, sweet Amie,
I just wnt over and entered...and I was glad to do it...and (honestly!) don't even really care about winning! Any friend of yours is a friend of mine...and so my entires today were in your honor...because you just rock. And that is all. I can't even be funny today. You just rock. I want to be like you when I grow up!!
Kate
I'm with Kate, I wanna be like YOU when I grow up!! You have the sweetest, kindest heart. Truly.
OXOX, not even kidding. I'd do it, hug ya and kiss ya. And then you'd really have a stalker problem on your hands... Gonna stop now 'fore this gets really scary ;)
THANK YOU for being you!
Amie ~ Thank you so much for posting this and sending me to the Elisons. I hadn't yet read their story(ies). HOW AMAZING! Our youngest is adopted and we have always talked of adopting more. You people are sure an insiration! :) God is so good!! Ang
Isn't it amazing!?! Yeah, God!! Over $6500 as of my last check-in. AMAZING!!!
what a great story, so happy that her sister is able to get the funding that she needed to get her adorable little guy!
God is good all the time!!!
I have loved following this story. Truly amazing to see God's Hand at work! Thank you for stopping by our blog. I will definitely be checking in w/you guys often.
Shannon
I know.. He is SUCH a cutie!
I have loved watching that Chip in total rise!!!
Amie,
God makes no mistakes and is the detail business!
My dearest friend Maria is about to open her blog for this exact reason to do fund raisers to help families be united to their forever children. Her blog is a 501c so everything anyone donates is tax deductible.
I love how God works this all out!
I love how He pulls things off only He can do - to remind us all who is truly in control and knows the minute details we can't even begin to realize need to be taken care of!
I love your heart and passion to help others. I love your header and beautiful face of your blessings!
Nice to meet you!
In His amazing grace,
Jill
Hi Amie I am so glad that you came by our blog!!!! You are beautiful and have absolutely gorgeous children!! We will soon , you first be the mother of SEVEN!!! I love it when I meet other God lovin ladies!!! I am going to take some time and read all about you and then I will add you to my blogroll, feel free to do the same! I am so excited to watch your journey to Jonathon unfold, I can't wait to see all of you together. it won't be long for us now, 30 months and counting. It will all be so worth it! Anyway have a very blessed Friday !!! God bless all your beauties! And thank you for the well wishes for my sister.
Love and blessings, Kristy
I'm sorry I spelled it wrong!! JONATHAN!!!
The Chipin is gone, how much did they raise??
thank you for sharing, I did not know about it.
Hello
Just wanted to say hi, thank you for stopping by my blog. Going right over to check out the other site.
Have a blessed night.