Monday, October 13, 2008

Not Me Monday


(* I did not have to update this because I forgot to post a link. I SO have my stuff together. Head on over to My Charming Kids to read more NOT ME MONDAY posts. Wear your depends, cause you are gonna laugh. HARD. No? You don't have that problem. Just me then...)

I DID NOT pull a muscle in my arm, while grating cheese . I AM in much better shape than that. That would just be sad.


I also DID NOT have to use my mouse pad as I typed this post as a cushion for my elbow, which had bruised from the hours upon hours I had spent sitting at my computer refreshing my inbox last week, waiting for news of when we travel to meet our son for the first time.


That was NOT me at the convenience store who LAUGHED OUT LOUD (inappropriately, causing other customers to stare) in response to the check-out kid's AUDACITY to ask a man (who had chosen to don a pair of cowboy boots, studded jeans and a shirt that I am pretty sure I have seen Kenny Chesney wear in one of his videos), "Headed to a Rodeo, partner?."


I DID NOT then with lightning speed put my phone up to my ear and have a pretend conversation with myself, obnoxiously laughing at my pretend friend on the other line, because I was sick to my stomach at the thought that "Rodeo" might mistakenly think I was laughing at him, and I was certain my charade would convince him otherwise.


I DID NOT make it a point to search the isle he was in, trying to make eye contact with Rodeo, hoping to bring attention to myself so that he would see that it was my pretend friend and her witty banter that had me in hysterics, not his outfit. Because I AM SURE he cared.


My cell phone DID NOT then deafen me as it rang in my ear while I was having my laugh fest with my pretend friend on the other line. I DID NOT answer it and continue to carry on the farce as I laughed even louder and explained to my real friend that we must have gotten cut off, and I had been laughing so hard that I hadn't noticed we had been disconnected. Sadly, my real friend on the other line, really WAS NOT phased. Really. She has known me long enough to know I can get myself into "situations".


Rodeo DID NOT give me a look that suggested he was concerned for my mental state.


I am NOT a DORK.

54 heart smiles:

Jennifer said...

Ha ha ha!! I love that story! I've pretended I was on the phone too! Great Not me's and I hope you get to make that trip soon! I'll keep prayin' for ya!

Stefanie said...

OH GIRL!! that is hysterical!! You are such a crack up... gotta get my hiney up there someday so I can see your hilarious self in person :)
OXOX!

jennifer said...

You are hysterical!! Personally, I don't see how you couldn't bust out laughing! What's wrong with everyone else? That's funny!!

Hope your arm gets better soon! You shouldn't do such strenuous work;)

Have a good day!

Missey~ said...

You are funny!
Thanks for the early morning Monday laugh :-)

Keisha said...

Funny! ;)

-stephanie- said...

i did not laugh once at you post. ;o)

Lisa said...

GREAT POST! You are NOT funny. NOT funny at all. And I do NOT wish I was a fly on the wall watching the entire time while you were NOT in the store NOT being dorky. Loved it.

Andrea said...

Ladies & Gentlemen....We have a winner!
THAT, my friend, is "Seinfeld" material......:)


Andrea

a Tonggu Momma said...

I DID NOT think to myself, while reading this post, that you sound so much like my best friend. (What did you think I was gonna say?)

Tina said...

Fluff, you do so still crack me up. Sometimes I forget just how funny you are!!!!!!!!! Hey, did you see, I put a photo on and I am finished updating my blog!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!! You can stop bugging me about it now, hahahahahahahaha, love you, bug me all you want...you know you need to do that sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shanan Strange said...

What a gorgeous family!!

Your blog is adorable! Found you on MckMama and wanted to drop in and say Hello!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That is hilarious...I hate it when the phone rings when you're on a pretend call!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I love the rodeo one! Cute!

Eileen said...

My sister-in-law once got a case of the giggles during a very small, intimate church service. It was highly inappropriate but she just couldn't stop. She tried to pretend she was coughing but it just made it worse. Finally she was escorted over to a closet where she could compose herself. The fact that she was being put into a closet made the rest of us bust out laughing. It was so inappropriate. So very inappropriate, but sometimes you just can't help yourself.

Football and Fried Rice said...

OH MY..........you are a riot!! AND TOTALLY NOT a dork.Nope.not you ;)

Doug and Terrye said...

Hey, what's wrong with cowboy boots, studded jeans, and a kenny chesney shirt??? We cowgirls have high standards ;) Ok, I'm NOT a cowgirl...but I bet they have standards! :)

Terrye in FL

ohhollyf said...

LOL, u crack me up :)

Gail said...

Ohhh...this made me laugh! You are so not a dork.

Hope your arm gets better. :)

Amie said...

T-

Absolutely Nothing!I happen to have liked his atire. I am a fan of boots and Cowboy Hats, which I hoped would have come across when I was able to reference a Kenny Chesney video. I DO NOT own my own pair of cowboy boots, and I NEVER had a crush on Randy Travis when I was younger. I just think Mr. Rudie Checkout kid was shocked at seeing Authentic "Rodeo" atire, which is an anomaly in the 'burb we live in. Maybe it is time to move. ;)

:)
Amie

Michelle R Photography said...

You are a quick thinker. I don't think I could have pulled my cell phone out quickly enough to pull all that off. I can just picture you holding this nice, hilarious conversation when all of a sudden... ring, ring, ring in your ear. HILARIOUS!!!

BTW, it was great talking with you yesterday!! I hope you got my email last night. I should just wear a billboard around the next few weeks that says, "Please forgive me if anything I say is nonsensical." I'm sure there were a few things I said yesterday that were qualified. :-)

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh my goodness! I picked a good day to visit your blog for the first time! TOO funny! I'll be back! :D

~Lynn

applesofgold said...

ROFL!!!! Oh that is soooo funny!I thought that I was the only one who pretended to be talking on the cell phone, only to have it ring in my ear. HAR HAR!

I am bookmarking your blog, because honestly, I love a good blog that cracks me up. Can't wait to catch up on some of your other posts :D

Lindsay said...

hilarious! I am laughing out loud at that. I love it!

Carla said...

LOL You are a HOOT!!

Jen said...

Your convenience store story is just too funny! All your children are beautiful! We've been home with our daughter from China for 3 months...it's been so amazing! I hope Jonathan will be home with you soon!

Denise C said...

You crack me up, girl!!! I love this!!! I wish I had been in that same store watching all this drama unfold!!! Yes, I would have needed depends! hee-hee!
Have a great Monday!!!
Blessings,
Denise

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

that was hysterical...i am literally laughing out loud! thanks for the giggles :)

and for stopping by and saying hi!

Anna said...

what a beautiful family!!! i loved reading your not me post! absolutely hilarious that your phone rang WHILE you were having a fake conversation! i've certainly never stayed on the phone after the other person hung up in an effort to not have to talk to someone i "knew" in a store. i'd never do that! look forward to hearing about your new son! thanks for posting a comment on my blog :)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Great Not Me post!
I'm soooooo not a dork, either!

Ohilda said...

Bahahaha! That was hilarious! I could just envison RODEO and you on the phone with your pretend friend.

Sooo funny!

Hugs,

Ohilda

Sarah Maples said...

HILARIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

This is why I stay out of the kitchen.. it's a dangerous place..

Sorry about your pulled muscle..

S.L.P said...

That was the funniest story! and of course the phone rang!
I remember our friends waiting to bring home their beautiful daughter this time last year...we were all on stand by and super prayer mode. God worked many miracles to get that little girl here. I pray many blessings are in store for your family in bringing your little guy home.

Us said...

OMG! I'm laughin' hard over here! Ride'em Cowboy! LOL!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Wow! I am amazed that you have a functional blog with all the beautiful children you have to keep you busy!!! I have 2 boys, and I feel tired! Girl, you are SUPERMOM!!! I also understand the cheese grating...seems like a natural injury when cooking for your family! HA... Thanks for the laughs and for the adorable blog...

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

That is hysterical...I think this is the best thing I have ever read!! (oh and I agree depends are definitely needed when reading these - especially your story)

Robin said...

OMGosh! I needed a laugh today and this post certainly got me one! Too funny!! thanks for sharing

Tonya said...

HA!!!!!!!!! Amie, might you be my long lost twin??? (THAT sounds EXACTLY like something I would do) Oh, and I don't REALLY have a long lost twin - seriously, I don't. Lol!! However, my sister & I once joined Weight Watchers in a nearby town and there was a set of REAL twins. They called us "fake twins" because we looked so much alike, but weren't twins at all. Hehehe.. see, I'm NOT a dork either. HA!!!

Thanks so much for the sweet email. I'm going to write you back, but wanted to visit you here first. It's been a blessing getting to "know" you. =-)

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Ok, that was so freakin hilarious and NOT TOTALLY like something I would do!!! LOVED IT!!!

Praying for you as you await your baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Amie, you are always good for a chuckle or two!! I've been lurking for some time now. I'm so happy and excited for you to be meeting your baby boy soon. Love the pics of your kids down the side, you have a GREAT blog!!

Carrie

Kelsey said...

That was too funny!!!

Yeah I never get myself into those situations either. At least when you start laughing at a complete stranger, you don't pretend to have a coughing fit when they turn and look at you...

FHL said...

Oh my goodness, that is hysterical!!! I'm sure I would have been having a VERY hard time containing a chuckle as well :o)

Suzanne said...

Amie-you are hilarious! No, I am not a dork either...glad you found the sock tip helpful!
CountryMom

Hope said...

I love your blog! You are such a breathe of fresh air. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Your not me's were hysterical..and your family is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...you are a funny girl!!! HILARIOUS!!!

Ashley said...

i have NEVER pretended that i was on a phone call and certainly NOT to avoid anyone!

P S I LOVE ADOPTION!!!! thank you for doing it!

Cynthia Jill Photography said...

Hi :) Thanks for the comment on my "Not Me Monday" post! In regards to the telephone pole tree farm... LOL I mentioned to story to a coworker of mine and they said that they called it the same thing... so at least I know I am not the only dork around! Haha

I hope your arm starts to feel better soon! Although it is sort of amusing that of all ways to pull a muscle you do it grating cheese **chuckles** That totally sounds like something I would do!

He & Me + 3 said...

Thanks for stopping by my post. OMGOsh that is so funny about the Rodeo guy. I so would have busted outloud too. Too funny! Thanks for making me laugh already today!

Gina (Caleeo) said...

I will join the chorus and say: that was really, really funny!

(and, if I could think that fast, absolutely something I would do!)

Thanks for stopping my my blog. I hope you hear of travel dates soon.

Kimberly said...

oh my gosh! I'm about to wet myself! thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, and thanks for this good laugh today... no I'm not so far behind this week that I'm just now thanking the people who commented on Monday.. that would just be sad!

Table for Six said...

I can't stand it - you are so funny!
jill

Mission To Macie said...

Have you ever been reading a real funny blog and tried to hold it in because your husband is in the same room and would think you have just lost your last marble??? Well have you???

Me neither. That did NOT just happen to me while reading this post!

Anonymous said...

oh. classic! you made me laugh out loud. ;o)

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish