Friday, October 31, 2008

A week to Remember...

This has been quite a week. I have been in and out of happy tears for the past several days.

Okay, you called me on it. Mostly in.

I have been overwhelmed, in a good way, in witnessing kindness and answered prayer all over the place this week!!!

Let's RECAP shall we?

We all got to hear about and celebrate the life of Brent, an amazing young man of God! We were blessed and we blessed others with our RAK in his honor. Your kindness touched the heart so deeply of a mother whose greatest fear was that he would be forgotten. My SIL had a giveaway in honor of Brent as well, and gave 5 entries away to Owen's giveaway as well. My friend Shelby, from THE ELISON PROJECT, won that raffle and not only did she do a ton of RAK in honor of Brent, one of her RAK was to give away her entries to bless our friend GAYLY, who could use a smile as she has waited FAR TOO LONG for approval to bring her son Nate home from China.

And to top it off... Yesterday, me sweet friend Gayly , on day 185, FINALLY received her LOA for her sweet little boy Nate!!! PTL!

My friend Andrea at the Happy Hippy Chronicles, offered to pay to have a linky thingy for the sidebar made for the ELISON project, so that we can put it on our blogs and people can link there and donate. She might be mad at me for telling you this, but I know she was next in line to get her blog made over by the Famous Rebecca at Uptown Design Studio, but gave up her spot so that Rebecca could work on the little Elison project do-hicky instead(Anyone know what that thing is called anyways?) Oh, and one other thing I learned about Andrea... as I was perusing the fabulous prizes Rebecca is giving away at her to China for Owen fundraiser giveaway, I learned that Andrea donated a video camera to that fundraiser! Could this hippy chick be any cooler?

Wait, there is more... Earlier this week, the very same Rebecca who is trying to raise close to 10,000$ to bring her son OWEN home from China through her fundraiser, decided she was going to donate 20% of what she raises to The ELISON PROJECT! No, that did not make me cry the BIG UGLY CRY, why do you ask? AMAZING!!

And, baby Stellan. Oh, baby Stellan. Answered Prayers. God's little miracle!

This has been one Powerful week! One that I will remember for a lifetime!!!

Thank you GOD!

9 heart smiles:

Jill said...

Our God truly is an AWESOME God! So many wonderful things!

quilt'n-mama said...

In the last few weeks, I have constantly thought about the coach's quote from "Facing the Giants"- "We are going to praise Him when we win and we are going to praise HIM when we lose." THanks for always praising HIM on your blog- I appreciate you so much!!!

BTW... my face hurts so much from smiling since getting our LOA call today, the poor UPS man got ran over by our kids when he rang the doorbell, our 3 year old announced- "Can I have that package, my brother is inside!" :)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

God is so good. It has been an incredible week. I am in awe of our creator.

Stefanie said...

AMEN, sista! God has been at work, BIG TIME!!!
I just love Andrea... she has such a huge heart! And so does Rebecca!! And Shelby!! And YOU :)

The Princess's Mommy said...

Yeah GOD!! Don't you just love it when you see his plans all come together!!

Have a great weekend!
Love,
Monica

Rebecca Lily said...

It certainly has been the WEEK OF POWER! I love seeing how the adoption community is rallying around one another. We have gotten so many virtual hugs from others, my ribs practically hurt!! :) I have been so excited to be a part of reaching out to others even as others have reached out to us!!! Shelby is an amazing woman of God and I am so excited to work on the new site for her. That is a blessing to me!

I love you and I am so excited about Johnathon - finally coming home! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!! It's really HAPPENING! And Gayly - I don't know Gayly, but I am happy dancing with her on that LONG-awaited LOA!

Love,
Rebecca

Lisa said...

Yay, God!

Andrea said...

You are soooo bad!
Don't be tellin' people that I am nice....People will be calling me around the clock asking me to babysit,help with bake sales, read kids stories at the library, and be smilin' at me on the street.
I prefer Loud, Cranky, and Just a Little Insane.....that way people run from me.
Rebecca, on the other hand, is a little ray of sunshine..Not only is she going to do the Button..she's re-vamping Shelby's site,too.
:)

LOVE YOU!

A

The Gang's Momma! said...

What an absolutely amazing week! Very cool.

The encouragement I get when I'm here is priceless. Especially as we are still wondering and praying over our debt balance from our recent trip. Unfortunately, Elison doesn't extend to families that have already traveled and we're still waiting to hear from two of the three organizations that would consider us. We applied to all three before we left but haven't heard yet.

We just have to keep trusting. And believing that HE sent us on this journey, HE will provide. . . . This blog post helps me trust that a bit better!

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish