Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Me Monday




Head on over to MyCharmingKids to read more NMM posts. Be ready to laugh. While you are there, if you don't already know her story, please take the time to catch up. And if you believe in the power of prayer, please take the time to send a few up on their behalf. I know they would appreciate it! :)


And so...A few things I did not do this week:


This week while I was driving down the road, I did NOT see my friend up ahead on the bike path jogging while pushing a baby stroller and then HONK and holler out the window obnoxiously waving like a mad woman, causing her to become distracted (while trying to figure out who her crazy stalker was), and, as a result, trip and drive her stroller off into the grass.


I did NOT start laughing hysterically (she was able to get back on track...I am not that mean.), slow the car down, and yell out the window, "Nice One!!!!". As I passed, and we made eye contact, I did NOT realize that it was NOT my friend Shelley who I caused to trip and run off the bike path. I did not turn beat red and, while driving at her pace beside her, proceed to apologize profusely and explain to her that I thought she was my friend, and that my friend WOULD think that was funny. She did NOT nod politely to humor me and then turn off onto a different path heading away from me at a pace that seemed to have a little more "pep to the step" than before our encounter.


As I drove away and replayed the whole embarrassing event in my head...laughing at the hilarity of it all...I did NOT then remember that my friend Shelley lives in Texas...and I do NOT.


While I was brushing my teeth and chatting with my daughter Allie (I know...the talent), my daughter did NOT inform me that she was Mommy's "SUPER HELPER", as she proceeded to share with me that she WAS super helpful because she washed off the very toothbrush I was brushing with in the sink...after she dropped it in her POTTY...which was NOT full of pee.


I did NOT pause for a moment, thank her for being so helpful, and finish brushing with a smile on my face. After I sent her off to do another SUPER HELPFUL chore, I did NOT then swish-gargle-spit-repeat, over and over, until finishing off almost half a bottle of Listerine. Staph infection anyone?


This is NOT my first time inadvertently consuming pee. If it were, that would be a story for another NotMeMonday.

I did NOT just throw up in my mouth a little thinking back on it.

84 heart smiles:

Michelle R Photography said...

This one deserves an award. You have me laughing so hard!! Thanks for starting off my week with lots of laughter.

Hugs,
Michelle

Giving Love Encounters said...

Girl - you are ON it.
.....sorry about the pee.
I heard Ho-Ho's are good for that kind of thing....

Anonymous said...

Well, I would say in the karma of the universe at large that your second "did not" story probably was to make up for your first "did not" story!!! LOL! (run poor unsuspecting woman with baby off into the ditch--discover toothbrush is dirty, while it is in your mouth...kind of a scale balancing week, you know!)...bless your heart!!!

Lindsay said...

hilarious! Love, love your lists.

Kameron said...

Your list cracked me up. That poor woman probably thought you were crazy!! Oh, and you have to love the helpfulness of young children.

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

That was hilarious.
I did not spit out the breakfast I was eating while reading your blog all over my computer because I was laughing so hard at your super helper.
Congrats on being #1 on MckMama's list of Not Me's.

Dell5 said...

Oh my!! I did NOT almost PEE my pants laughing so hard. That was one of the best NMM's ever!!! BTW, Do you need a map of the United States??! lol!

Hall Family in MD said...

Oh my word! This post is hilarious!!

Lisa said...

ROTFL - Your post was cracking me up. That is hilarious. I so needed a good laugh and got one when coming here!! THANK YOU

Davisix said...

CRACKING me up!!!! Just made my day....thanks! :) Ang

Anonymous said...

This was HILARIOUS....I definitely will not come back later and read this again for another laugh!!!

K and/or K said...

I did NOT just giggle out loud at 8:15 on a monday morning at work. I did not! So funny!!!

Anonymous said...

You need to write a book. I am going to start brain storming titles. 'Amie Says the Darndest Things', 'Smurfbikes are for Kids' What do you think?

Robin said...

Running a jogger with a baby off the path? Brushing with pee?

I am speechless.

But laughing histerically!!!

Robin

applesofgold said...

I did not just laugh until tears rooled down my face reading this post!!!!

Mrs. H said...

OH MY GOODNESS...that was the funniest list I think I have read yet!

Thanks for the great laugh this Monday morning!

Krystal

Amie said...

Jen-
It always comes back to the smurf bike somehow, doesn't it Jen? ;)

Love You!

:)
Amie

heidi said...

Mmmm...PEE-licious! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh, my dear one. This was FANTASTICALLY FABULOUS. I am sorry, but the one about "Shelly" and the bike path! Hysterical! Oh dear, I think I almost peed MY pants.

Suzanne said...

I already told one mommy this, but there is a predominent theme of "peeing" not me's this week! Too funny!
CountryMom

a Tonggu Momma said...

Amie ~ I needed this laugh this morning. Than you... and don't worry about the pee. I'm sure the Listerine disinfected it in your tummy.

Briana's Mom said...

Snort! That was funny!

Carla said...

You sure haven't been busy!
Y U C K!!!!

S.L.P said...

Wow you had some week! Seriously, your friend lives in a different state? You must really miss her. I'm gagging just thinking of the toothbrush in the pee. Great post!

Doug and Terrye said...

At least it was #1 floating around in the potty...and NOT #2 ;)

Terrye in FL

Stefanie said...

I think I just broke out in a pit sweat FOR you, girl. Laughing my butt off (well, not really, unfortunately) over here, thanks for the Monday AM giggle-fest :)

Taking Heart said...

Your children are gorgous! Enjoyed the good laugh! My son (when he was 2) did not brushy my hair while I was napping on the cough with a toilet brush!... I know how you feel...

takingheart.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

I am laughing my butt off right now! I needed that daily dose of laughter today! Thanks Amie! Check out mine, I'm sure you'll get a laugh or two out of it too!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Hi there! I found your blog via MckMamma and just had a good laugh!! I'm still giggling about the stranger with the stroller!
We're in the process of adopting our first baby from Korea - we couldn't be more happy & blessed.
Happy Monday!
~ Rachel

DESJ and Company said...

throw up a little in my mouth...that's one of my favorites...
HYSTERICAL!
Nice job btw on being MckMama's #1...it was my goal...but...ummm...I'm #105 or something!

Football and Fried Rice said...

You make me LAUGH SO HARD!! I think a little pee came out I was laughing so hard. Not to mention the coffee through my nose!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that one brought tears to my eyes. I had to share that with the non-blogging friends of mine.

Have a good week!

Candice

day by day said...

You are hysterical...Thanks for the Monday morning laugh!! : )

us said...

Oh Amie, what are we going to do with Allie??

Sheri said...

Thanks for sharing that!! It made my Monday. :)

Ashley said...

okay, i just laughed harder at every one of those.

i am also NOT jealous that you have now 36 comments on your not mes!!!

Flamingo said...

oh my goodness! that is the funniest thing i heard today! i can not imagine how many times that poor lady has told that story over and over to people. i'm laughing outloud even now!

Anonymous said...

Girl- You are going to have to put them toothbrushes up higher.. ACK>

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

LOVE the one about the lady in the stroller!

:)

Holly

Anonymous said...

Absolutely hysterical!! I would have thrown up in my mouth too.

Gayle said...

I Did Not just laugh out loud at this post. I most definitely would not have laughed at someone I did or did not know tripping. That's just mean. And I have not (and I really mean this one) consumed pee, and would just vomit to death if I did! :) Hope the gargling worked!
The White House

He & Me + 3 said...

Ok, I am peeing my pants laughing at you and your Not me's. Wow girl, I thought I had it rough. That is just hysterical! Thanks for the genuine laugh!

Nicole said...

Oh my! I've thought I knew someone before, but don't think I've knocked them down! So funny!

And isn't adoption so amazing!!! It was scary before we did it, but it has been the best thing that's ever happened to me. We can't wait to do it again!

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

Aimee,, yes I am the only non adopted kid ion my family! For the whole story look at the Happy birthday Valesca post under this week's not me monday post. Within her birthday message is a link to the post wher I dicuss all of my parents adoption stories! Enjoy BTW I see Rebecca did your blog design too? I just love mine, isn't she the best!

Anna B. said...

That story is hysterical!! I could just envision it....still laughing :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Amie.... I am so sorry that was NOT me... because I would have laughed and made you give us a ride home! makes my heart smile that you miss me! I sure miss you... and I am not going to lie...Snot bubbles did NOT come out of my nose when I did NOT fall out of my chair and I sure did NOT hit my head on the desk on the way down. And don't ask.. but I may have a picture of pee and #2 that you could post for this story that was NOT taken last weekend while Dave and I slept and the kids whent WILD with the digital camera....

Sending big hugs!

Shelley

Rachel said...

OH my gosh! That first one was hilarious!

I have a similar one about two people in two separate vehicles - EACH thinking they recognized the other... pulling over and both getting confused looks on our face after a bunch of honking and waving!

Thanks for posting!

Candy said...

That was hilarious! Poor "Shelley" probably thought she'd been thrown under a bus by a stranger!

Stick your toothbrush in the dishwasher...well, it may be too late. Urine is sterile; toilets are not!

Happy Monday!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Very funny, I almost spit my lunch out laughing....

Have a blessed week.

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh SO hard!! Thanks for sharing!!

And don't worry about the toothbrush thing... It's pretty common. :) http://jackandmandy.blogspot.com/2008/07/toothbrush-trouble.html

Shawnstribe said...

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
best ever!!!!!!
i have laughed so much and so so laud!!!!
Thank you
xxx
s

Amy said...

Oh that is funny!!!!
I would def. be the one jogging and tripping over myself...Thanks for the laugh!!

Rachel said...

OMG!! I swear you have to be making this stuff up. Really? Can anyone really go through all of that??? I can't stop laughing.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I am cracking up! This is hilarious!

Lindsay said...

Funny stuff! The first NMM that I read today besides McMammas. That will be tuff to beat I think.

Jodee said...

Thanks for stopping by tonight!

I enjoyed reading your Not Me Monday post!

Unknown said...

So hilarious : ). I can't believe that wasn't your first time consuming pee. I would love to hear the other story! That has to be good! I love your blog layout and pictures. SO SWEET! Hope your week is filled with blessings!

Aspiemom said...

Thanks for the laugh! My life is so boring next to yours!

Jennifer said...

I love coming to your blog. You ALWAYS make me laugh!

Check out my blog later. I am ready to post my random thoughts from the "tag".

Jen

Stacey said...

Funny stuff..you have more guts than me...I would have kept on driving!

FHL said...

Oh my goodness...that is hilarious! Have I mentioned that your blog is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to visit on Monday's *wink* Thanks for the chuckle :o)

Hugs and Smiles,
M~

Kam said...

Thanks so much for your donation for our Joel! It was super sweet of you~and who among us doesn't LOVE Vera Bradley!?! ha! Lots happening tomorrow...USCIS fingerprinting and our agency is visiting Joel again and taking him a soft, blue blankie from us! God is good!
Thanks again!
Kam

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by....Hope you try the chicken salad recipe it really is delish...I just worry mine won't live up to the one my friend made :)

Unknown said...

So glad to know there are more Ellen addicts out there like me that love pizza :) By the way, 4 out of 5 dentist prefer brushing with pee... LOL

Mama Kautz said...

by far the FUNNIEST Not ME Monday I have read to date!!!! I am bookmarking you for sure :)

Shanna said...

AND you are so cracking me up!!!
LOVE it! I need more laughter these days.
XOXO~
Shanna

Ohilda said...

That's too funny! You crack me up.

Ohilda

Andrea said...

OK #1 Did you get that from "DodgeBall?"
I do not know what I am going to do when you stop doing the "Monday "thing!
You are a HOOT!

#2 Get over to Stef's and check out the total!
Got the whole $6000!

AWESOME!

#3 Do you not feel just a little guilty for making all of these women pee on themselves?;)

A

Amie said...

Andrea-

#1. Totally from Dodgeball.Thanks for "getting it".

#2. Is God AWESOME or what. He showed up BIG there.. did he NOT? Praising the Lord BIG TIME! I am in awe but not surprised!

#3. No.. it happens to me all the time. Why not others?

:)
Amie

Amber said...

Amie,
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just love "blog hopping" and meeting new friends. I love your blog...you have a way with words! I was rolling with laughter. I'll be following you now! :)

Ivy Shaffer said...

Hi there and thanks for your sweet comment.

Wow, what beautiful children! I will have to stop by again and read when little hands aren't trying to pull me off this computer LOL.

Hugs from NJ

Ivy

Keisha said...

YOU nut!! LOL!!
I would have threw up right then and there.. with the toothbrush thing.. yuck!
Thanks for the laugh!
Head on over to my blog.. I'm having a give away!

Jessica Paige said...

I can totally relate...you had me cracking up! Nothing like being in the middle of brushing your teeth and then thinking to yourself...was this brush wet before I used it...yikes! I've been buying toothbrushes in bulk for those "just in case" moments :)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you don't mind my following along.

Best!
Jessica

3 Peanuts said...

Oh my goodness this one is too funny. i am going to have to try this next week.

Sugar-n-Spice said...

What beautiful children! And I'm so glad I stopped in for a hearty laugh! I'm glad Jennifer sent me to you. I'm certain to be back.....in all my spare time, you know. Since I have so much of it.

Tonya said...

Amie, I was about to email you and tell you that I thought of a way you can help out. However, IManaged to delete ALL the email from my phone (which happens to be the ONLY internet connection I have at the moment) Could you email me again? O;-)

Love YOU!

Carla said...

tooo fun.ny.

we've had MANY times of the tooth brush swishing lately. After I spent a fortune I started running them through the dishwasher on "antibacterial" cycle.

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

HHHHHHHHaaaaaaaa-haaaaaaaa !
I even shared this w/ Hubby, so funnnny!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the humor!!!

Staci said...

You are too funny!! That gave me a good laugh.
Staci :)

Our Complete Family said...

Amie~ Thanks for your sweet comment the other day! Glad you stumbled across my blog! Oh my gosh girl~ you are too much! If I'm not careful my son and hubby will wake up and wonder what in the heck Mommy is laughing so hystericaly at! You are a riot!!! I will for sure be back! ~ Les

ellieshine said...

I am so 'not gagging' thinking about that toothbrush :) blechhhhh!

Loved your list!

Rebecca Lily said...

OMGosh Amie.

I did NOT almost pee my pants just now. :)

They should make a movie about your life!!! Seriously!!

That, or you should write for TV comedy. :) Based on your life!

xoxo
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish