Friday, October 10, 2008
A Little Housekeeping...
7:50 AM | Posted by
Amie
So I have decided to add the new followers gadget to my side-bar. But before I did, I wanted to have a little chat with you. I am about to go "grade-school" on you. I have been hesitant to add it, because I am funny about people getting left out, or feeling sad that they are not a part of something. What if someone only has one follower, and they visit a blog and see someone else has 3, they might get sad. Yes, I am aware of how immature I am. But good of you to be a friend and point it out.
As I think about how many people I have met through blogging who have caused me to grow in faith, or who bring laughs to my day, or inspire me through sharing their hearts, I am reminded how the bloggy world allows us to connect with people we otherwise might never have come across IRL. I have met friends that I will have for life. I have been blessed to witness countless children being united with their families. I have seen "strangers" step up to help families in need and to do their part in helping a child come home. I have seen families experience tragedy, and persevere with a faith stronger than I can comprehend. And I have been so blessed for it.
So I am going to add my gadget because I hope that "someone" might meet "someone" who will touch their life in some way. You might meet someone who will point you in the direction of a WC who turns out to be your son. You just might meet a friend who has a friend going to China and making a visit to the orphanage where your Child waits for you, and they offer to love on him. You just might read the story of a family who is stepping out in faith and asking for help in fundraising to bring their child home and you can have the opportunity to do your part. You may find something that touches your heart so deep, causes you to really think and results in you going down on your knees taking Jesus as your savior. You just never know what Might be...
So, my point. I hope you don't just follow (btw- no pressure to do so.. I am perfectly content with my three followers. Hi Mom!, Hey Sis., Was' up Grandma?), take the time to get to know someone new. As silly as it may seem to you, I hope this little gadget results in friendships being made, hearts being touched, and lives being changed.
Hugs~
* Trina pointed out that people might not know how to become a follower of someones blog. Just go to their side bar, and if they have added that gadget, just click "follow me." Then your little icon will show up on their blog as a follower. Then people can click on your profile and come to visit your blog through your friends blog. Make sense? Also, when you sign into blogger, and you are on your dashboard screen, you can scroll down and all the blogs you follow will be posted at the bottom. Blogger will alert you when they are updated. Pretty Sweet, eh? Also, if you want to follow someones blog who has not yet added the gadget, you can do that also. Just scroll down to the bottom and it will give you a chance to add a blog to follow. Just type in the url address and you are good to go. :)
As I think about how many people I have met through blogging who have caused me to grow in faith, or who bring laughs to my day, or inspire me through sharing their hearts, I am reminded how the bloggy world allows us to connect with people we otherwise might never have come across IRL. I have met friends that I will have for life. I have been blessed to witness countless children being united with their families. I have seen "strangers" step up to help families in need and to do their part in helping a child come home. I have seen families experience tragedy, and persevere with a faith stronger than I can comprehend. And I have been so blessed for it.
So I am going to add my gadget because I hope that "someone" might meet "someone" who will touch their life in some way. You might meet someone who will point you in the direction of a WC who turns out to be your son. You just might meet a friend who has a friend going to China and making a visit to the orphanage where your Child waits for you, and they offer to love on him. You just might read the story of a family who is stepping out in faith and asking for help in fundraising to bring their child home and you can have the opportunity to do your part. You may find something that touches your heart so deep, causes you to really think and results in you going down on your knees taking Jesus as your savior. You just never know what Might be...
So, my point. I hope you don't just follow (btw- no pressure to do so.. I am perfectly content with my three followers. Hi Mom!, Hey Sis., Was' up Grandma?), take the time to get to know someone new. As silly as it may seem to you, I hope this little gadget results in friendships being made, hearts being touched, and lives being changed.
Hugs~
* Trina pointed out that people might not know how to become a follower of someones blog. Just go to their side bar, and if they have added that gadget, just click "follow me." Then your little icon will show up on their blog as a follower. Then people can click on your profile and come to visit your blog through your friends blog. Make sense? Also, when you sign into blogger, and you are on your dashboard screen, you can scroll down and all the blogs you follow will be posted at the bottom. Blogger will alert you when they are updated. Pretty Sweet, eh? Also, if you want to follow someones blog who has not yet added the gadget, you can do that also. Just scroll down to the bottom and it will give you a chance to add a blog to follow. Just type in the url address and you are good to go. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Blog Archive
- 2013 (2)
- 2012 (4)
- 2011 (6)
- 2010 (2)
- 2009 (41)
-
2008
(158)
- December(8)
- November(9)
-
October(20)
- Speaking of Answered Prayers...
- A week to Remember...
- You have to see it to believe it...
- And the winner is...
- McKMuffin Prayers
- Last Day for Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- Not me Monday
- OK...I can't keep a secret.
- Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- ***Edited***They raised 6930.00$ from the giveaway...
- My SIL,Kristen, taking her inspiration from this p...
- Not Me Monday
- Oh Snap...Here we go again.
- A giving Heart...
- Not Me Monday
- A Little Housekeeping...
- Some things I WAS doing today...
- Need a smile.. Or a Big Choke on Your Diet Coke La...
- Not me Monday!!
- noThing AT All...
- September(13)
- August(13)
- July(17)
- June(9)
- May(16)
- April(7)
- March(8)
- February(21)
- January(17)
- 2007 (87)
- 2006 (4)
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(158)
-
▼
October
(20)
- Speaking of Answered Prayers...
- A week to Remember...
- You have to see it to believe it...
- And the winner is...
- McKMuffin Prayers
- Last Day for Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- Not me Monday
- OK...I can't keep a secret.
- Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- ***Edited***They raised 6930.00$ from the giveaway...
- My SIL,Kristen, taking her inspiration from this p...
- Not Me Monday
- Oh Snap...Here we go again.
- A giving Heart...
- Not Me Monday
- A Little Housekeeping...
- Some things I WAS doing today...
- Need a smile.. Or a Big Choke on Your Diet Coke La...
- Not me Monday!!
- noThing AT All...
-
▼
October
(20)
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





42 heart smiles:
You tickle me! I just love coming to your blog! You make me smile Chicka!
love,
Keisha
Lanie's bud
Amie ~ I "follow" you using my Google reader!!!! So don't think I'm not following you. Because I am, just in secret. As everyone knows, I prefer to be mysterious (it helps me feel Very Important)... even when it comes to following. LOL.
I love reading your blog! I have some great church friends that you kind of remind me of. They have 6 in their home too! 3 "of the body" (this is what she says!) 3 "of the heart". 1 of them she has already adopted and the other 2 are fosters! They are a wonderful couple and do a great job with six kids, as do you!! If you look on my lists of blogs that I read...hers is sugar and spice! You can check it out if you would like! She has lots of good things to say!
I found you by way of Stephanie's blog. I love this post! Thank you for reminding us of the bigger picture going on in the bloggy world.
Are you not the sweetest person ever??? I just love you and am so thankful to have met you through bloggerville.
I am going to be a follower of yours...going to do it right now.
I love your heart...full of gold!
I love this gadget...I think it does entice other people to click on blogs they may not have ever seen or visited...and I love having those smiling faces right on my sidebar....a constant reminder of how wonderful it is to be a part of such a loving and caring community....You are right, I have connected with many people I would have never met in Real Life!
Such a sweet post....
Enjoy your weekend!
Lisa
Hi Amie,
Thanks for stopping by our blog yesterday :) I too love meeting new friends!
Kim
www.littlethingsilove.blogspot.com
www.myadoptionwebsite.com/simplysophie
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! :) Your kids are sooo cute. Have a great weekend!
Staci
Ami,
You have the biggest heart! What a wonderful post.
Hugs,
Ohilda
DUDE!!!!! You TOTALLY have followers, Amie! I follow along myself, every other day! But I totally understand why you feel the need for housekeeping...and now, perhaps you better hit that laundry mountain, huh? :) Just kidddddinnggg....what I failed to mention in my post was that the washer and dryer were already filled with loads of wet, moldy clothing, so my piles were way more mountainous than they appeared. :) But i'll try and post today anyhow...you shamed me into it. :)
Love,
Lisa, who totally follows Heart-smiles
Amie, you are so fun! I laughed when you wrote about "grade school" because as women, I think we will always be about "relationships" no matter how old we are. I'm new to the blog world so I just figured out how to do the "follower" thing. I think many people don't know how to become "followers." I might post instructions on my blog..LOL
trina
I love FOLLOWING your blog. You make me laugh. I am happy to become your follwer. But, I have to say that I am one of those lonely people who only have 3 followers...sigh....
Jen
Amie~
Beautiful Family and beautiful blog!! I love it! It is so fun catching up with each other this way because something about trying to chat it up at church just never seems to work out. Maybe it is the fact the children are running about and we are all just scrambling to get them home and throw them in BED! And I am not
talking about your 6 beautifully behaved-I am talking about my 2!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my page-I am a follower now!
Praise God about sweet lite Johnathan! Can't wait to meet him! I think him and Shiloh are just about the same age!
Lovin it!
Erin
I am a follower too through Google Reader but I am not showing up on your list. I tried to be added but it didn't go through- I will try again in a little while.
Blessings,
Sharon
Jen...
NOOOOOOO!!!!! that is what I am talking about. Don't make me take my gadget down. lol :) I love your blog and now you have another follower... but it won't let me right now for some reason... so I will add you later.
:)
Amie
I have never been one to really care how many comments etc. I get on my blog but more of what you have written. It was I get out of other people's blogs. Most all that I follow are inspiring and show God's love through and through....and this includes yours.
You crack me up!!
BTW, I can't wait to share some news. BIG news. I just need to figure out the best way to share it.
p.s. Did you happen to notice I was following you even before you offered it up? Don't I get bonus points for that or something? :-)
Been following for a while. Now just made it official! Love reading your posts!
I don't think I like you anymore because you have more followers than me!!!lol... Just kidding. I love the follwing "thing". It has saved me hours in the past few weeks.
Michelle.. You get total bonus points! :) But really I should get the bonus points cause I brought the gadget out of hiding.lol.I'm just sayin'. :)
and btw- with the big news... You CANNOT do that to me!!!! Now I am going to harass you until you tell me!
:)
Amie
Jennifer-
I am with you. I wasn't hooked up with the google reader thing. So I was visiting each blog one by one. This saves a ton of time! btw- all the peeps I have here are my family, assuming different identities.
:)
Amie
Great idea, I love 'meeting' people in blog land!
Tina
NOW I am officially a follower!!! Lurker NO MORE. :) Since you said the thing about posting only every three days, I thought it might save me some time. :) And hey! I don't even know HOW to back stamp the post thingie. How do you do that? Cause that could really come in handy! I can't figure it out. I dont' know if it has me on the wrong time zone or what..it's all messed up. I was wondering if it was because I wrote it in the afternoon and saved it as a draft because I started freaking out that if my sister EVER decided to read my blog, she might be mad, but then I decided at midnight, oh screw it. Wasn't that loving and Christ-like of me? :( Yeah. I think I need to have a little meeting with myself about appropriate blogging material and privacy issues and all that. :) Anyhow, thanks for the callout, woman. I know I can depend on you for straightshootin'.
Have a great Sat., Amie!
Love,
lisa
not sure how it all works, but i sure love your attitude!!!!
you have a beautiful heart girly
xxxx
s
I was thinking the same things when contemplating adding the follower gadget. You made some great points!
I can't believe I have never seen your blog before.... your children are precious and I look forward to following along. Thanks for the comment on my blog!
~Rebecca
PS: I never listed blogs on my sidebar for the same reasons you cited. It's way easier with the blogger followers though...
Amie,
What beautiful, lovely children! Seriously, you guys could be the model family in a Pottery Barn catalog or something.
I've only been blogging for a week. I had a family website for a few years but it cost money and people couldn't see when I'd done a new post so I'm in the process of transferring everything over from the website to the blog. So, it looks like I've been around a long time, but it's just been a week. I'm amazed at how easy it is to post and I'm loving that I can go to the blogger dashboard and see when all of my friends have just written.
My good friend and China travel buddy, Lisa, at the Motherload inspired me to try the blogging thing and I'm liking it too much. If she thinks SHE has laundry---oh my.
Thanks for stopping by!
Eileen at Scravings
Amie,
I just added the Follower link tonight after reading your post. Lots of people visit me but email privately instead of commenting publicly. Maybe we can bring some visitors out of lurkdom. And, what a great way to meet new friends!!
Thanks for the kick in the pants!
Kristin
I just added myself as a follower. My husband hears me talking this way, he may have me committed. i can't wait to read of your adventure to your son.
Amanda
AMIE!!!
TAG. YOU'RE IT. Sorry if you just did this....I only started reading blogs other than Stef's two weeks ago! So I'm not sure who has been doing this already...but I had to get you in on the fun. :) For details, you can check my post today. See you, Miss Amie!
Love,
Lisa
Great post and I agree completely! I, myself....have not had the time to try and figure out exactly how that whole follower thing works...one day!
Have a great Sunday!!
Thanks for the sweet words you left on my blog. I tried to add as a follower, but that link is not there for you??
Never mind!! I'm added!!
You have new friend :)!
Thanks for the visit via Margie!! I love your blog too. You are too funny. Wow, soon to be seven kids. I'll be following.
Girl!! You bet I am following!
I just love you. :)
xoxo
I was just asking Rachel what was the benefit of doing this. I loved how you put it!! I still don't know if I am going to start this but you never know! You are a sweetie pie of a person.
I am a bit slow on the blog tech.
Where is the "follow me" that I click?
I neeed to follow you! ;)
Tech challenged,
me
OK ..just read your post... still scarred from "grade school" and the fear of not including someone or not being included....but I don't get it.. I want to be a "follower"... I thought I was a follower....sending you hugs ... if you send me some help!
Shelley
I'm not alone :-) I was so hesitant about adding the gadget to my blog as well... I finally did it about a week or so ago. I completely get where you are coming from! Before the gadget stuff, I didn't list any blogs that I followed on mine because I was worried I might accidentally leave someone out or hurt someone's feelings. BUT, I really love the gadget.
how exciting! praise God! I tried to read your 'journey' blogs but couldn't since they're invite only...i'm curious about adoption as several friends of ours have adopted children...China, Russia, and Uganda. :o) May I read them?