Wednesday, October 22, 2008
My SIL,Kristen, taking her inspiration from this post came up with a clever way to count-down till "go time" for Johnathan. I came home to a bag she had left on my front porch and inside I found these....

















They are HO-HO's if you can't tell from the bad photography! One for each each day until he leaves. I think not only did she think it would be a FUN way to count-down the days, but there might have been mention of an intervention to cure me of my "problem".

HI-LAR-I-OUS!

9....9 days to go!!!

Or 8 if I get the munchies... :)

24 heart smiles:

day by day said...

What a sweet SIL that you have!! And such a fun idea...something to look forward to each day while you are counting down!!

Enjoy your Ho Ho's : )

Carla said...

That is just too creative!! To me, THIS wait, is the hardest of all.... What a sweet SIL you have.

Blessings,
Carla

Jennifer said...

What a cute idea! And your wait is almost over!!

Davisix said...

Hysterical, creative and sweet...all at the same time. Love it! Ang

Anonymous said...

That is so fun! What a hoot! super clever she is and what a great way to bring joy to the anticipation of your new baby coming home!

Sending hugs,

Shelley

Anonymous said...

OH .... and I have added a post regarding the "matter" we have emailed about previously....

Love you!

Shelley

Flamingo said...

what a great idea! i'm excited for you and your family!

Stefanie said...

Since I'm more of a Little Debbie eater, I didn't recognize those HO HO packs right away... I thought they were refill packs of WIPES! How sad!!
Wow, you and those HO HOs are gonna have a great time while your man is away :)
YIPPEEEE, only 9 more days 'til CHINA!!!!

Amie said...

Staf-

You are crackin me up.. wipes? really? I can spot a HO-HO pack from about a mile away. So much I can teach you girl!

And what makes you think those will still be around by the time he travels? It's like you don't even know me! ;)

Actually, she intended for me to eat a HO-HO a day until he leaves.. she has 13 too... I think she was hoping by doing that.. I would never want to see a HO-HO again.. as I mentioned, an intervention of sorts. She's a good friend that way.

Why am I sitting here typing this to myself instead of e-mailing you, when you aren't even going to read this.. I have HO-HO brain..

;)
Amie

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

This is so cute!!

Counting right along with you!!

Lisa

Football and Fried Rice said...

Bless her heart - she's FUNNY, like you :) Can't wait to meet your son!

a Tonggu Momma said...

So your SIL is secretly trying to sabotage my diet now, by forcing you to post pictures of Ho-Hos? Wait - oh, yeah - it's not all about ME!!! ;)

She is truly very sweet. And I can't wait to see you meet your son.

Denise C said...

OH what a sweet idea....it won't be long now!!!!
Blessings,
Denise

Anna B. said...

A Ho-Ho a day keeps the frustration at bay!! (Does that sound so much better than an apple?) I actually thought they might be Chocodiles. YummY!!!

Tell your SIL she rocks!

Amy said...

I love it! I don't know about the intervention though, It is just more of a reason to want to eat the yummy snack cakes! I can't wait to see your journey. So exciting!

Kristin said...

Now I don't feel so bad. I thought they were packages of baby wipes too. :-) Glad to hear they are much more fun!!

What a great SIL to give you something to look forward to each day. Enjoy your treats!!

Jennifer said...

This is too cute! 9 days to go yeah!!!

Jen

applesofgold said...

Dang. I thought they were packages of wipes too. Is it silly of me to be so excited for you all that I have butterflies in my tummy reading this post?!?!?!?

Or maybe that is just my tummy grumbling thinking about those Ho-Ho's

Unknown said...

Hey-If you have any extra HO HO's...Send em' to Kansas! This mama NEEDS EM!
What a blessing to have a SIL that KNOWS YOUR NEEDS!

Giving Love Encounters said...

Not that anyone reads comments (except me!) but the 2nd part of my plan is to make us hate Ho-Ho's, make us never want to buy, see or eat a Ho-Ho again.

Unfortunately, I am not getting sick of mine yet.
8 more to go. We'll see what happens.

And yes, I did travel to Florida with them this week.
I am that crazy.

Unknown said...

Just to catch me up..You leave in 8days to get your little boy? Just want to make sure I have it right!

Unknown said...

THANKS A LOT! While at the store tonight for my weekly trip before hubby leaves tomorrow, I THOUGHT OF YOU and bought a whole package of DING DONGS!! I have decided in honor of Johnathan, I too will be joining you in the HO HO DING DONG eat a thon! Each time I eat my Ding Dong, I will think of and pray for your family! MUCH LOVE!
THE KELLER KLAN

The Princess's Mommy said...

Too funny!! What a cute idea! I am counting down the days with you! I can't wait to see that sweet baby boy home with his mama.

I love your heart and for all the giveaway posts above this one. You are so sweet!

Love,
Monica

AmyO said...

Yummy! What a cute idea!

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish