Monday, October 6, 2008

Not me Monday!!



I am participating this Monday, because I want you to know about it, if you don't already. You need to head on over to My Charming Kids and read every ones entries(they are at the bottom of that post), because they will make you Laugh out Loud. And who couldn't use a laugh. What a fun way to start your Monday!

While you are there, you need to poke around a bit and learn a little more about this family's story. If you aren't praying for them already, you are going to want to. As a matter of fact, go NOW, so you can pray sooner. My post isn't really important, but their story and your prayers are!
Here you go.. My Not me's.....(why are you still here?)


*I did not buy a HO-HO at the convenience story the other night, and then slip it in my purse when I got in the car, thereby hiding it from all to see so that I could enjoy it without having to share with any of my friends. It was NOT ME who inhaled it late that night while I was up catching up on blogs... only to be outed by my daughter the next day who witnessed the front end of "operation My-HO-HO" and offered the HO-HO up to someone who was looking for a snack. I DID NOT change the topic quickly to avoid having to deal with the "situation".. And it WAS NOT a 3 pack.

*I did not today, for a brief moment, consider getting an 80's perm, because I am fed up with my hair and its lack of "behaving." I also didn't try to convince myself that I pulled it off in 10th grade, and why not now?

*I did not call my husband home from work to pick up Allie from pre-school because at 11:45, I hadn't managed to make it out of my jammies and "bed-shoes" as Allie calls them. It is 2:00 and I am NOT still in them.

*I DID NOT just duck under the desk in my office, because the door-bell rang, and I couldn't answer it because I am in my jammies and bed-shoes, sporting a bed head that might have been the very reason I DID NOT consider getting a perm.

*Also....I HAVE NOT been to my computer 1000X today, refreshing my inbox in hopes that in it, lies news of our CA.

24 heart smiles:

Anonymous said...

I wish I were still at home in my jammies..

I loved your not me post..

Kate said...

...and let me tell you...it was NOT me silently cheering on the 80's perm and wishing I was still in my jammies and bed shoes. It was not.

Carla said...

You certainly have a lot NOT going on.... what are you up to?? ;-)

Hoping you hear today about that CA!!!

Stefanie said...

I am still in my jammies... somethin' wrong with that? Should I be ashamed? What about the coffee breath I'm still sportin?
Girl, I am feeling for you with the CA torture, er, I mean WAIT. Hang in there.. and keep us POSTED :)
Loving the cutie pie pics in your sidebar!! When'd you take those?!? Those are some gorgeous kids! What I want to know is WHERE IS MAMA!?!?

Jennifer said...

Great Not Me's Amie and yes they are so funny to read as I definetly do not take the time to read almost every one of them!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I did NOT brush my teeth & shower at 3 p.m. today. After checking MY inbox ALL day for news of our LOA. Not Me.

jennifer said...

That is funny! I'm going to check out the other blog now.

Lisa said...

Hey, HoHo Queen....I loved your post, but not as much as I LOVED the image in my head now of you doing the snaps and HOLL-A at the post soccer game sidelines....I laughed OUT LOUD at that one!!!! You too funny, lady. You too funny!

Hope you hear about CA SOON!

Love,


Lis

Nikki said...

You did NOT just make me laugh out loud. hehe
loved this post.

Stefanie said...

I <3 you, my friend! You are such a beauty, the world needs to know!! And your man ain't too shabby, either ;)

Angela said...

Hi!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I LOVED your "Not Me's" - the ho ho one had me laughing out loud! that is sooooooo me.

Your blog is amazing- I found myself poking around all over because your family is beautiful and incredibly fascinating. What beautiful blessings you have!!

Michelle R Photography said...

I have NEVER purchased candy and stuffed it in my purse so that my kids wouldn't see. No way, no how. I would NEVER do anything like that. (Well... at least not since yesterday... and oh, last week, and oh wait...)

I so hope you hear about your CA SOON!!

Jennifer said...

It's NOT ME over here cracking up at your not me post. I am laughing so hard at my vision of you hiding under the desk.

Thanks for a GREAT post ;)

Jen

P.S. I love ho-ho's....

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

You goofball....at least nothing on your list involved the mail man LOL

FHL said...

Tee Hee....love it! If it makes you feel better....I DO NOT take my daily shower at noon everyday because I Do Not wake up at 8am and school starts at 9am.....And I definitely DO NOT threaten a certain young lad with school starting earlier if he dare wakes me prior to then....NEVER ;o)

Thanks for the chuckles!

Hall Family in MD said...

Love your post and especially enjoyed reading it in my PJs and with my bed head =) I say go for the perm - you only live once and it is hair!! =) Thanks for visiting my blog!

mommy24treasures said...

oh I love this post. I just saw this for the first time over at Ohilda's blog. Very cute!
I hide my snacks too! and my drinks. I just don't like stuff floating in my drinks. Hubby thinks I am a meany for not sharing with thte Treasures.

Heather said...

I'm still here b/c I already follow/stalk My Charming Kids! ;) I would NEVER stay in my jammies all day! And I would NEVER hide candy or cakes from my 3 children.
And I'd certainly NEVER pretend to not be here when someone came to the door b/c I was still in my jammies with bed hair at 2 in the afternoon. NOPE, not me, either!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Ohhh...I remember checking my e-mail a million times a day for an update! You are in my prayers and I do the same thing except I buy a Hershey bar with Almonds and try to eat it on the way home with no one noticing! lol

Anonymous said...

Why not a perm? Be a trendsetter. Bring it back in style, babe.

Your "not me post" made me giggle. Love it!

;)

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

You have no idea how refreshing it was to read that others stay in their jammies an bed heads most of the day *sometimes*!

I too, did NOT, ask my husband (who mostly works from home) to go pick up my sick 4 year old a couple of weeks ago because I was nowhere NEAR presentable....no, NOT me!!!

Keisha said...

Youz A hoot, Girly!
lol!
Keisha

Doug and Terrye said...

OMGoodness!!! 80's perms...I forgot about those darn things. And what's wrong with being in jammies till noon? If I'm in my jammies I can't leave my house so it's incentive to stay home and clean my house :)

Terrye in FL

Anonymous said...

WOW... I don't even have a reason anywhere near as good as yours to be part of not me...but here it goes...it was Not me who didn't shower the 2 days before we left town and it was definitely not me who inhaled 4 reese's fastbreaks this past friday before i went to pick up the kids so i wouldn't have to share...NOT ME....

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish