Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Some things I WAS doing today...
2:24 PM | Posted by
Amie
Since I spent so much time telling you the things I was NOT doing the other day, I thought it was fitting to share a few things I WAS doing today...
*I DID manage to pull myself away from my computer for 15 minutes to put a load of dishes in the dishwasher in a feeble attempt to “chip away” at the huge pile that has grown from my neglect as I sit here and refresh my email box over and over, awaiting word on our CA.
*I DID consume 1 McD's orange shake for lunch because it required minimal effort to eat, thus allowing me more time to refresh my email box, awaiting word on our CA (No…I can't eat and refresh at the same time. I am not THAT good).
*I DID allow my girls to watch a double-header of Dora so that I could sit at my desk and stare at my computer screen for an hour, awaiting word on our CA.
*I DID actually spend part of that hour composing and then singing aloud this song to myself as I waited for word on our CA:
(To the tune of Row-Row-Row Your Boat)
Please,please, send some news,
I have gone cra-zy
Send an e-mail to my box,
Put me out of (my) misery.
*Oh yeah, and one more thing... I DID just hear from our agency letting me know that we have a CA and we will meet our son on November 3rd,btw. <--(Sorry Laine, had to!)... :) )
All in all, it was a pretty busy day!
:)
** Laine- I am cracking up at your message. You know me so well! Thanks for the smile!
Did I mention we are meeting our son in 27 days? PTL!!!!!!!
*I DID manage to pull myself away from my computer for 15 minutes to put a load of dishes in the dishwasher in a feeble attempt to “chip away” at the huge pile that has grown from my neglect as I sit here and refresh my email box over and over, awaiting word on our CA.
*I DID consume 1 McD's orange shake for lunch because it required minimal effort to eat, thus allowing me more time to refresh my email box, awaiting word on our CA (No…I can't eat and refresh at the same time. I am not THAT good).
*I DID allow my girls to watch a double-header of Dora so that I could sit at my desk and stare at my computer screen for an hour, awaiting word on our CA.
*I DID actually spend part of that hour composing and then singing aloud this song to myself as I waited for word on our CA:
(To the tune of Row-Row-Row Your Boat)
Please,please, send some news,
I have gone cra-zy
Send an e-mail to my box,
Put me out of (my) misery.
*Oh yeah, and one more thing... I DID just hear from our agency letting me know that we have a CA and we will meet our son on November 3rd,btw. <--(Sorry Laine, had to!)... :) )
All in all, it was a pretty busy day!
:)
** Laine- I am cracking up at your message. You know me so well! Thanks for the smile!
Did I mention we are meeting our son in 27 days? PTL!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Blog Archive
- 2013 (2)
- 2012 (4)
- 2011 (6)
- 2010 (2)
- 2009 (41)
-
2008
(158)
- December(8)
- November(9)
-
October(20)
- Speaking of Answered Prayers...
- A week to Remember...
- You have to see it to believe it...
- And the winner is...
- McKMuffin Prayers
- Last Day for Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- Not me Monday
- OK...I can't keep a secret.
- Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- ***Edited***They raised 6930.00$ from the giveaway...
- My SIL,Kristen, taking her inspiration from this p...
- Not Me Monday
- Oh Snap...Here we go again.
- A giving Heart...
- Not Me Monday
- A Little Housekeeping...
- Some things I WAS doing today...
- Need a smile.. Or a Big Choke on Your Diet Coke La...
- Not me Monday!!
- noThing AT All...
- September(13)
- August(13)
- July(17)
- June(9)
- May(16)
- April(7)
- March(8)
- February(21)
- January(17)
- 2007 (87)
- 2006 (4)
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(158)
-
▼
October
(20)
- Speaking of Answered Prayers...
- A week to Remember...
- You have to see it to believe it...
- And the winner is...
- McKMuffin Prayers
- Last Day for Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- Not me Monday
- OK...I can't keep a secret.
- Brent's Birthday Celebration Giveaway!!!
- ***Edited***They raised 6930.00$ from the giveaway...
- My SIL,Kristen, taking her inspiration from this p...
- Not Me Monday
- Oh Snap...Here we go again.
- A giving Heart...
- Not Me Monday
- A Little Housekeeping...
- Some things I WAS doing today...
- Need a smile.. Or a Big Choke on Your Diet Coke La...
- Not me Monday!!
- noThing AT All...
-
▼
October
(20)
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





42 heart smiles:
wow, congratulations!! What an awesome day- you saved the best part for last. Post details when you can, I can't wait to follow along!!
Love
Tina
This is FANTASTIC news!!! Congratulations!
I hope you will be sending updates while in China....I can't wait to see you wrap your arms around your beautiful little boy!
Hugs to you my friend!
Lisa
PS...Is your refresh key broken yet?
You crack me up how you save things 'til the end! I am so HAPPY for you!!! It has been a long wait for that darn CA. Your kids will be glad to have you back! lol
That is less than a month away....bet you have TONS to do!! LOL
Congrats!!
Carla
THANK YOU JESUS!!! Less than 1 month away!
Here we come J-man!
Can't wait to squeeze you J man!!! love, Aunt Papie
YYYYYEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
(Okay, that totally looks odd. Perhaps I went a bit crazy.)
But I am So Very Happy for y'all! Congratulations. Plus, your list of "do's" also made me feel a lot better about my day today. I feel less guilty because someone else joined me in my Quest To Be Unproductive.
Except then you had to go and ruin it with your CA because it makes everything productive now. Because it's like special permission to pretend it's a holiday.
YAYYYYY!!!!!!!! Soon, so very soon!!!!!!
YIPPPEEEEEE! I am ecstatic for you. You get to meet your son!! You. Get. To. Meet. Your. Son. Ahhhhhhhh.... Love you and that little one! :)
Congrats on your CA Amie! Maybe, just maybe, we'll cross paths in Guangzhou!
Jen K
YEAH!!!! CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!
Okay so I did sing that song in my head to row, row, row, your boat!
So happy for you!
Jen
Yea yea yea!!!
Congratulations!
we went to China in November (2004) and it is beautiful weather once you get to GZ (like Florida) and Beijing was cold (think North East)
Can't wait to see more of your trip/family
YIPPEEEEE
Jill
Hooray!! congratulations!
Oh Amie!! I am SO HAPPY for you guys!! What a wonderful Thanksgiving gift! I have nothing but tears of joy for you, and prayers of praise to God!!! Congrats my friend!!
Why are you up so late, friends? I know why I am up late.. still "refreshing" and I already have CA. Can't stop. Send help. ;)
:)
Amie
OMGosh, I just KNEW when I got online this morning, you were going to have news!!! PTL!!!!
Oh wow, that is coming right up!!!! Yay!!!!!!
Panda Hugs,
Jen
HALLELUJAH!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY for you, Amie!! November 3 is just around the corner and you will have your precious little boy in your arms. I can't wait to follow along on your journey.
Hugs, hugs and more hugs,
Michelle
WHOO-HOO!!!!! Doing the happy dance for you!! Can't wait to follow your journey!
Love,
Monica
LOL!
Congratulations!!!
It's about time.. right?!
Yippee!!!!!!
Now, that is valuable way to spend a day! I say the end justifies the mean:) Shelby
I love your song (make these up all the time)
CONGRATS!!!!!!!! HIP HIP HURRAY!!!
Amie,
Girl...I LOVE and ADORE your witicisms and humorous banter...but REALLY??? Now that was bordering on cruel and unusual!!!
I am jumping up and down for you in PA!!!! It sure was a productive day!!! I am just smiling all over the place...and I am seriously so excited to watch you bring that sweet little man home where he belongs!!! PTL is right!!!
Kate-
nice, eh? Though, you really should know better by now.LOL. That's how I roll. ;)
hugs~
Amie
Thank you so much for stopping by our blog and for your very sweet words!
Your family is beautiful and congrats on CA... that is so wonderful!!!!!!!!
I look forward to checking back in and following your journey!
Tiffany
:-)
Hi, thanks for visiting my new blog. November is a wonderful time to be in China, for us the weather was perfect. Have a great trip to your little one!
Pam
Oh...I am so happy for you!!!! We too are leaving for our Miss Annabelle in one week. Our F-F-day will be Oct 21st...oh I know exactly how excited you must be!!!!
Oh, wonderful news!!!! You will be holding your little guy in no time at all! woohoo!!!!
Loved your post...you are
too funny! : )
AAAWWWWW! THAT IS SO MESSED UP!
I was tearing up because I felt so bad for you... Poor Girl ain't gettin no news!
YOU HAVE GOT TO STOP DOING THAT.....I am so excited for you.
Gosh right around the corner.
Packed yet? :)
A
Praise the Lord Amie!!!!!! WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW...I'm still whooping it up for ya!
BTW...25 days now! Is that right?
BTW...Can you remind me of what I'm supposed to be doing? Packing? Shopping? Sleeping? Eating? Is there a 5-step method for last minute preparing for a trip to China??????
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! Now go eatcha some chocolate!!!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I am so excited I could scream it the world!! This is HAPPENING Amie!!! Your story about refreshing all day had me laughing... I've been spending too much time at my computer lately too, waiting on an LOA email!!!
Love you!
xoxo
Congratulations!! I have goosebumps for you and your family!!! I'll be praying for you and for Jonathan as God works to bring him home to you! And I can't seem to stop my over-use of these...!!!!!!
Robin
Oh that is wonderful news!! So, happy for you all. Not long now and that sweet baby boy will be in your arms :)
Okay so I see you have another Tina that leaves comments. This knowing 2 Tina's could be a bit confusing. I will always make sure to address you as Fluff so there is no confusing which one is commenting. Oh my, HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is Saturday and you found out on Wednesday?????????????? That is okay, I am going to let it go as probably your longest ever friend and maybe oldest, hahahah. I am sure you were busy making travel plans anyway!! To be fair, I think you did send me the e-mail telling me to check your blog yesterday so only a two day delay really. I know you are so excited and I am for all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nick keeps saying that he really wants to meet you and when are we going to see you so I do have to say very soon it will have to be now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know I love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I should maybe sign off as Snuffy now? What do you think, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!! Love you and talk to you sometime this week.
Fluff, One more thing, he will be home for Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much to be thankful for this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fluff, and yet one other thing because I keep forgetting... I will try to update today!!!!!
how awesome!!!!!!!!!
congrats! wow....that is soon!!!
I am sitting at my computer...heart a smiling my friend... Still looking to hear if there is a layover in dallas....I'm just sayin' i could possibly hook you up with some Ho Ho's... I know someone...
This is the first time visiting your blog and I just wanted to say Congrats!! I know how excited you and your family are!!
Lots of love and prayers!
Jessica
Congratulations!!
So happy for you that you get to meet your adorable little guy!
Wooooo Hooooo!!!! That's wonderful news!!!
Somehow I missed this post earlier! YAHOO!! Look out buddy, here come mommy and daddy :)
BTW, my sister and I read your monday posts together so that we can simultaneously spit our diet coke through our noses, and then we only have one mess to clean up
T in FL