Sunday, January 4, 2009
Not Me Monday and Giveaway!
10:45 PM | Posted by
Amie
Head on over to My Charming Kids to read more NMM's. Get ready though.. there are some funny ones. So funny, you might just tinkle in your SubWay Cup! (gotta read 'em to get that one)
I had a lot of time over the Holidays to get into trouble… but I did NOT. Things have been pretty slow here… nothing exciting…. So if you were about town, or hanging out in my head, you might have thought you witnessed me doing several dorky things… but I assure you, it was NOT me.
For example, that was NOT me who almost said, but thank goodness did not, to my daughter's preschool teacher ,“that’s what she said.” after a comment made by said teacher about our children's Christmas show. Because it just would have worked so perfectly… If it had been me, I would be thanking the good Lord above that I still had some semblance of a verbal clutch. Because that would have been highly inappropriate. And very immature. And I am never inappropriate or immature. If I had to guess, that person spent far too much time in front of the tube, watching The Office marathon the week before. I on the other hand was probably watching some inspirational programming, or else something highly educational. So you see, it could NOT have been me.
That was also NOT me that you saw out on the driveway, telling my 12 yo son (who had just gotten out of the car, and was excitedly trying to shoe skate into the house across the ice that was covering our driveway from an ice storm earlier that day), “ Not without a helmet, young man.” I mean, really? That would be ridiculous. No really, it would. And, I am way cooler than that.
If it had been me, I certainly would NOT have in actuality called him Dude, and then changed the story to read young man, so that I might come across more mature than I actually am. If I had done that, I mean.
That was also NOT me you saw crawling under my 7yo son’s bed the other day, because I was in desperate need of a sugar fix and had nothing in the house, and I remembered that my son had just loaded up his little toy vending machine, which he kept under his bed, so that he would have snacks for his first meeting of his new club he formed. The “Everybody club.. a club for everyone where no one gets left out.” and it was NOT me 'cause I am also claustrophobic, and I would have had to have been desperate to crawl under a bed, never mind take from a child's club snack stash.. but if it had been me, I certainly would have left him a quarter in his vending machine, rather than breaking into it out of desperation and leaving a little note that said IOU, because I was to lazy to walk downstairs to get some change. Cause that would be lame. And I may be a lot of things, but I am NOT lame.
I, am NOT Lame. Or desperate at times. Or lacking any will power whatsoever. Or ever lazy. Or dorky for that matter. I’m just NOT.
So go about your bi’ness… 'cause there is nothing to see here. But before you go though , you might want to take a moment and NOT enter my giveaway over here. :)
And Sorry I couldn't be of any help to those of you looking for that mystery person, causing trouble all about town. Good luck with that one…
Have a Happy Day!
I had a lot of time over the Holidays to get into trouble… but I did NOT. Things have been pretty slow here… nothing exciting…. So if you were about town, or hanging out in my head, you might have thought you witnessed me doing several dorky things… but I assure you, it was NOT me.
For example, that was NOT me who almost said, but thank goodness did not, to my daughter's preschool teacher ,“that’s what she said.” after a comment made by said teacher about our children's Christmas show. Because it just would have worked so perfectly… If it had been me, I would be thanking the good Lord above that I still had some semblance of a verbal clutch. Because that would have been highly inappropriate. And very immature. And I am never inappropriate or immature. If I had to guess, that person spent far too much time in front of the tube, watching The Office marathon the week before. I on the other hand was probably watching some inspirational programming, or else something highly educational. So you see, it could NOT have been me.
That was also NOT me that you saw out on the driveway, telling my 12 yo son (who had just gotten out of the car, and was excitedly trying to shoe skate into the house across the ice that was covering our driveway from an ice storm earlier that day), “ Not without a helmet, young man.” I mean, really? That would be ridiculous. No really, it would. And, I am way cooler than that.
If it had been me, I certainly would NOT have in actuality called him Dude, and then changed the story to read young man, so that I might come across more mature than I actually am. If I had done that, I mean.
That was also NOT me you saw crawling under my 7yo son’s bed the other day, because I was in desperate need of a sugar fix and had nothing in the house, and I remembered that my son had just loaded up his little toy vending machine, which he kept under his bed, so that he would have snacks for his first meeting of his new club he formed. The “Everybody club.. a club for everyone where no one gets left out.” and it was NOT me 'cause I am also claustrophobic, and I would have had to have been desperate to crawl under a bed, never mind take from a child's club snack stash.. but if it had been me, I certainly would have left him a quarter in his vending machine, rather than breaking into it out of desperation and leaving a little note that said IOU, because I was to lazy to walk downstairs to get some change. Cause that would be lame. And I may be a lot of things, but I am NOT lame.
I, am NOT Lame. Or desperate at times. Or lacking any will power whatsoever. Or ever lazy. Or dorky for that matter. I’m just NOT.
So go about your bi’ness… 'cause there is nothing to see here. But before you go though , you might want to take a moment and NOT enter my giveaway over here. :)
And Sorry I couldn't be of any help to those of you looking for that mystery person, causing trouble all about town. Good luck with that one…
Have a Happy Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amie
- I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
David 16
Katie 14
Matthew 11
Samuel 10
Allie 8
Grace 7
Hannah 7
Johnathan 5
Caleb "Kai" 2
Sophie Lu 23mos
The Gang

Blogs I Love
- Amazima Ministries(Katie)
- A Place Called Simplicity
- A Mother Singing
- Born in our Heart
- Bring the Rain
- Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- China Baby!
- Crazy-Eight
- Davis Six
- Day by Day
- Dream.Imagine.Live
- Four4Now
- Football and Fried Rice
- Hands Full, Hearts Full, Quiver Full
- Hoppe Life
- Matters of the Heart
- lady bug princesses
- Life with Lily Mei
- Life Is Beautiful
- Live Big and Laugh Often
- Livin' la vida Lia
- MississippiZen
- Mommy24Treasures
- Organized ChaosX3(pw)
- MomentsMemories...
- Ni Hao Y'all
- Oatsvall Team
- Osborn Odds 'N Ends
- Our Little Ladybugs
- Party of Many
- Safe in His Arms
- TBD or bust
- The Bakers Sweets
- The Elison Project
- The Ferrill Bunch
- The Happy Hippy Chronicles
- The Kernal Journal
- The Long Road to China
- The Shirley Family
- The Walker Household
- Worth the Wait
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com





21 heart smiles:
You are weird. Yet, hilarious. And I love that about you!
I also love that you had a moment of restraint during a PERFECT "that's what she said" moment. I had one a few weeks ago that I just laughed and laughed about...in my head. Because I think it was in response to something our Pastor said. And THAT, my friend, would have been inappropriate!
So are you saying I sound immature when I call my kids 'dude' a hundred times a day!?!?!? :)
Oh, very cute.
Aime, you are totally mature. I would NEVER expect you to do something as lame as misread the winning number on a fabulous raffle in the recent past thinking you saw your own # and jumping with joy until you came out of the fog of glory to realize it in fact was not you who won. That, my friend, screams IMMATURE! :)
Here's a lil' tid bitty for ya that helps me when I need a sugar fix. I hoard..oop's, excuse me, I mean hide (because that's far better than hoarding) boxes of chocolates in my underwear drawer! Yup, also immature, but my boys aren't tall enough to reach it and therefore that makes me a genius!
So happy I hopped over here to check your blog out. Way awesome, sistah!
Tiff in Washington...for now
Yes, I did royally mess up the spelling of your name. Geesh! Good thing I stopped teaching when I did. Who knows what my students would be learning!
:)
Tiff...again, and still in Washington...for now!
You rock, Dude!
We are all lame and desperate at times - join the club!
You funny gal!
I think we all need a picture of you crawling out from unda your 7yr olds bed! LOL!!!!!
You stole candy from your baby?!?!!!! Gasp!
I have NEVER been that desperate for sugar. Never. Nope. Not me. I would never dig through the Holiday tubs in the basement thinking that surely there must be a candy cane or a piece of Halloween candy in there? Surely??
I have NEVER been that desperate for sugar. Never. Nope. Not me. I would never dig through the Holiday tubs in the basement thinking that surely there must be a candy cane or a piece of Halloween candy in there? Surely??
When I called my 8yo and 6yo sons "dudes" the other day, I swear they looked at each other, then at me, and the oldest said, "Dude is not a Mommy word." Yep, dude, you are right, I just can't pull it off. And yet I try ...
Have a great Monday!
All the best,
Nicole A. in OH
I LOVE your not me mondays. I always think of doing it but I cannot even remember all of the silly immature, dorky, silly bad Mom (not you-me) things I do. I need to write them down:)
Kim
You crack me up!!!!
Love, Kristy
GUL! you all mess'd up!
I don't really see it as STEALING candy from your baby.
Your baby is yours...so your baby's candy is yours.....so technically...you were just eating YOUR candy...........That's my story & I'm stickin' to it!
xoxo,
A
Hmmm, I am still thinkin' over that toy vending machine thing - under the bed, no one would know...sounds perfect:)
We all know none of it was you:)
Heather
Hi there! I have been so temped to join in with the NMM but have not yet. Don't we all have those days? How is John 3:16 coming? Think of you daily when I say it with my boys. HOpe all is well.
sara
There's nothing like coming back to blog world and feeling uplifted by a fellow chocolate stealer!
"Hello, my name is Laine, and I steal chocolate from my children."
Oh Amie...missed you girl! When you driving that big daddy van down south to see us, huh?
How's sweetness Johnathan? He looks so happy in your Christmas pics!
Love you and sending you big squeezes!
LOL you nut!!!
Crackin up over her girl! You ain't right!!! LOL! xo
I have been away too long....
I did NOT pee myself when I did NOT reach for some M&M's in support of the NOT taking candy from a "baby" that may be or maybe NOT being used for potty training purposes. And it was certainly NOT an idea from someone we may know.
I do NOT know what you are talking about Shell... no clue. But coincidentally, our m&m stash is a little on the low side. Might have had a full stash yesterday. That would be a lot of potty trips celebrated. I'm just sayin.
:)
AMie