Friday, September 26, 2008
The three older kiddos each got a new fish last month with their own money. Allie was sad to learn that she might not be quite old enough yet to care for a fish on her own. But, she didn't let that get her down for too long. When I came in to her room to wake her up from Nap, I found this on her dresser....










Meet "Floating Banana", Allie's Pet Fish.

She found him in our stash of bath toys, and has named him with the help of her Aunt Patti.
When I found this I laughed so hard, I NEARLY peed my pants.

Way to find a loop-hole Allie-Bug!
:)

38 heart smiles:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Amie ~ This. Is. Hysterical. Poor little thing. It's never fun to feel left out. I'm glad she found a healthy way to cope.

Football and Fried Rice said...

This is the PERFECT pet. Perfect :)

Kate said...

That's the best kind of pet....WTG smart Allie!!!

SOOOOO funny...and so rewourceful of her aunt Patti to help Alle fnd a way too!!!

Thanks for the smiles friend!!! It must be a riot to live at your house...we are so comparitively boring (well except for the times we totally rock out to Donny Osmond...now there's some fun!!!)

Happy Weekend!!

Kate

Jennifer said...

Too funny! I love it! Kids have such a wild, amazing imagination sometimes!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That is hilarious!!!

She is so clever....now she has a pet too and is not feeling left out!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa

Michelle R Photography said...

I love it!! What a smart girl!!

Kristin said...

Oh how sweet!! My kind of pet. One that requires no care at all except some love. :-)

Nicole said...

Amie, VERY SMART GIRL!!!

:-)
-Nicole
www.bakersweets.blogspot.com

missy said...

Oh this is SO clever and cute!!! How funny is your precious girl. You've got to give her an A for effort. She's a doll!

Rebecca Lily said...

Floating Banana!! LOL!!!! LOL!!!!!

This one takes the cake for funny posts. :)

Oh how I would love it if all my kids were content with plastic pets!!!!

Flamingo said...

that is hysterical!!

Sherri said...

This cracks me up! She is a very clever girl.

Maybe if she shows responsibility with THIS fish, she can get a live one. haha

sherri

day by day said...

Well, that is just TOO FUNNY! And very, very clever I must say!

Carla said...

That is GREAT!! Kids these days are just too smart! I think you are in trouble....in the future!

Blessings,
Carla

The Princess's Mommy said...

Too funny!! Now that's one smart cookie!!

Love,
Monica

Anonymous said...

That is Brilliant!! And tell her Dave thinks just for her total commitment and smartness HE thinks she deserves a pet fish!

Sending love and no hugs just yet,

shelley

Amie said...

Shell-
no hugs just yet??? soon?? r we(and I do mean we, cause my vote counts.. ;) ), seriously considering a move yet?


:)
Amie

Amie said...

Shell-
no hugs just yet??? soon?? r we(and I do mean we, cause my vote counts.. ;) ), seriously considering a move yet?


:)
Amie

Heather BT said...

Howdy Amie,
Glad you stopped by the blog. I have to read yours from the start sometime. It must be a good read 'cause my friend Monica's here too I see. ;) Always glad to get to a blog where the writer has a good sense of humor!

We're not DTC quite yet, we thought we'd be, but had to re-do three documents. We just sent them back this week so should be DTC next week (prayerfully). I end our Skype Calls with Little Miss by telling her we'll be there to bring her home just as soon as they let us.
Take Care
Heather BT
http://adoptakid.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry I lead you down the path of thinking we were moving.... as I have noticed you now know why I have been on a hug contraband for 2 weeks....ask me how much it hurts?? It's like cosmo and wanda on farily odd parents...when they don't use their magic they explode from magic build up..... I may explode from hug build up... :( ... also did you notice it was dave who thinks your baby needs a real pet fish.. he laughed for a solid 10 minutes when he read the post. love you - shelley

Doug and Terrye said...

That little girl has an uncanny ability to think WAY outside of the box!!! :)

Terrye in FL

Ohilda said...

HAHAHA! I love it!! What a creative little one you have there, Amie.

Hugs,

Ohilda

Heather said...

Amie - This is beyond cute. WHat a sweetheart and obviously an excellent caregiver, that fish looks gooooooood! Bet hers lasts the longest:)

Thank you so much for sharing, made my day!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh the optismism of young hearts!!!

agirlandhergun said...

Perfect!! A problem solver for sure! Way to cute for words!! Shelby

Missey~ said...

That is so cute!!!!!
I have to say, that is the best way to have a pet :-)

Shelly and Family said...

Hi Amie...Thank you for stopping by our blog and saying "hello"! We are not so patiently waiting for TA as I am sure you are too lol! If you hear anything, please let me know (and I'll do the same!) Here's to our travel to China!!!

Anna B. said...

A perfect pet indeed!! What an ingenious little one.

FHL said...

AHhhh! That is perfect! Oh that made me chuckle!!!

Nikki said...

Be honest, you DID pee your pants a little, didn't you!? That is too cute - Allie has officially stolen my heart.
Bless her AND little floating banana!

Ronda said...

That is so adorable! I love kid's imagination...they have it all figured out =)

Denise C said...

OH, I just love your resourceful child! Now that is one smart cookie you've got there Momma!!!!
How precious!!! I am still laughing! ~sigh!!
Thank you so much for visiting me and leaving such sweet words! I am so thrilled to "meet" you! I am anxious to read through your blog....and stay "in touch"! Have a blessed day, my new friend!!!
Hugs!
Denise C

The Byrd's Nest said...

Thanks for coming by my blog....you have the most beautiful family! I LOVE this story and it IS the perfect pet like Sara said!

Anonymous said...

What a clever little one! You never know what they are thinking in those little minds!!!
Blessings,
Sharon

Sugar Momma said...

Omigoodness! That is too funny...not only did she get the fish, she gave him a home...with water! Too, too cute :)

mommy24treasures said...

oh my goodness that is too precious for words!!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

Amazingly too funny!! So cute!!

Catching up on my blog reading - loved reading your updates. Happy Journey to your new son!

Alyson
Celebrating 17 days as Alyzabeth's Mommy!

Rachel said...

Oh that is just too funny!

Sounds like a creative little kiddo!

About Me

My Photo
Amie
I am wife to my high school sweet heart and best friend and blessed mom of many, all of whom keep my arms filled and my heart full. We have been blessed with 10 kiddos...SO FAR! Our lives are CRAZY, and we LOVE it that way! We are crazy for Jesus, crazy for our family, and crazy passionate about the 147 million orphans who have no one to call their own. In our "free time" we help little ones home to their FOREVER FAMILIES, through our Non-profit LOVE THEM HOME. We also help others on their journey to HEALTH and FINANCIAL FREEDOM , as well as help Families Fundraiser for their adoptions as we "wrap others in love" through our home based business with IT WORKS GLOBAL! We are BLESSED, Indeed. And we LOVE being used by GOD to BLESS IT FORWARD!
View my complete profile

David 16

David 16

Katie 14

Katie 14

Matthew 11

Matthew 11

Samuel 10

Samuel 10

Allie 8

Allie 8

Grace 7

Grace 7

Hannah 7

Hannah 7

Johnathan 5

Johnathan 5

Caleb "Kai" 2

Caleb  "Kai"   2

Sophie Lu 23mos

Sophie Lu  23mos

The Gang

WILD OLIVE TEES

Wild Olive

WildOlivetees.com

Wild Olive
For information on how to sponser a child, contact Stefanie@wildolivetees.com

Help Them Home

For The Love Of A Child

147MillionOrphans.com

Amazima Ministries

Johnathan's Announcement Video (Pause Music )

Bible Gateway"s Verse of the Day

An Orphans Wish